★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Gran Text Auto - grandma texting & driving game - launches tonight!

07-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Gran Text Auto - grandma texting & driving game - launches tonight!

Gran Text Auto - iPhone

My emoji grandma texting and driving game for iPhone (edit: I can't edit the title of this thread to add that, can I?)
You tilt your phone to steer through traffic while typing the prompts of what Gran is saying.
Did everything myself except the music and sounds (check the credits; I had some talented help... seriously).

Comes out tomorrow / tonight - July 2, 2015!

My name is Kevin Mangan, I just started Kobake Entertainment, and this is my first game. I hope you enjoy, and hope I didn't break any forums rules (let me know).

Youtube link | Pop Up

Gran Text Auto is a texting and driving game, starring Gran!

Half driving — half texting — half octogenarian adventure!

Like many teens in sunny Los Emoji, California, Gran loves surfing, parties, chill vibes, and most of all TEXTING!
But Gran ain't some kid!
She's 88 going on 20 doing 60 in a 30!
It's dangerous, but Gran don't care! Gran loves danger! It's like breakfast to her. She eats danger like other emoji people eat emoji egg-in-a-frying-pan!
Whether cruising the city or by da' beach, Gran never puts down her EmojiPhone! Not even to save her life!
Related links (actually still working on some of these):

It's taken me about a year of evenings and weekends. I think I've worked in a lot of nice touches and bits of polish; enough to make a pretty solid game. The concept is very simple, so I've been kind of afraid to share much while I built on it until it really became something special (to me at least). It's decidedly simple in play, yet (almost annoyingly) difficult.

Clearly heavy on the parody and puns (both visual and written), and that carries through the dialog, story, and achievements. Self-aware humor all the way down to playing a texting game designed using texting graphics. And so many dad jokes. See if you can catch all the references and easter eggs!

Like I said, it comes out at midnight, but here's some promo codes for people who want to try it out early:
EJMP46NFKN34 - taken
K3XFW3X64NA4 - taken

Hope y'all enjoy it!
Let me know what you think!

Last edited by kobake; 07-01-2015 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Forgot to add "iPhone" to the title.
07-01-2015, 04:58 PM
If you do take a promo code please share your thoughts!

…or at least say you took it so I can mark it gone.
07-01-2015, 06:59 PM
I used
This game looks way too fun!
Very fun game ! Already bought the golden taco iap lol my high score is 19

Last edited by jgeirge; 07-01-2015 at 07:10 PM.
07-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Thanks, kobake!

Used the first code: EJMP46NFKN34

Haha! This is fun. 51 texts before I crashed. Kinda scary how closely this emulates real life texting and driving! 👵🏼🚙💥

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 07-01-2015 at 07:42 PM.
07-01-2015, 07:46 PM
Glad you like it! Thank you!

That is way more texts than most people get on their first try… must be experienced. �� Haha
07-01-2015, 09:32 PM
A couple of screenshots: