Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-20-2011, 05:05 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picomy View Post
Thanks everyone for the kind reply's! Really means a lot to us

Controls
About the controls I can say one thing: You don't have to feel nervous about it.

As said before, the game is completely build around its controls and we are extremely picky when it comes down to controls. Especially for games on a touchscreen device - it really makes or breaks a game in our opinion.

Of course it's always tricky when you are doing something new. The question always remains if your idea actually works and even if it's the best control scheme ever, there will be always small bumps on the road for people to adapt, but they'll get used to good controls pretty quick. Being an iOS gamer myself since the beginning, I can say with full confidence that our control scheme is actually the best way to play our game. It really gives the player so much more freedom and it truly delivers a unique experience we've not seen before on the Appstore.

That doesn't mean we're rejecting input from outside our team. If there's even a slight chance that people are struggling with the controls when we're hitting BETA, we'll be definitely looking for alternatives.

Heroki
One thing we find very important is the credibility of a character and the way he reacts to other characters and objects in the world. Heroki can perform all sorts of different actions and it's really fun to play with him. That's something that we really wanted to integrate in our game. We really want to make Heroki as lively as possible, that's really important to us.

@Arta, The trailer is 100% in-game, captured from an actual iPhone.

We're hoping to update you guys soon in this topic since there will a lot more to show!
Gosh darnit Picomy, why'd you have to go and make it sound so awesome?!?

The character reaction part sounds absolutely amazing!

Definitely sign me up for the beta!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:12 AM

This looks really great, cant wait.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Gosh darnit Picomy, why'd you have to go and make it sound so awesome?!?

The character reaction part sounds absolutely amazing!

Definitely sign me up for the beta!
We're still in the middle of development but as soon as we're hitting Beta we'll let you guys know of course.

Small status update of where we currently are;
We're expecting to release some ingame screenshots by the end of this month. Maybe even much earlier. It all depends on how fast the new systems are going to be integrated in our engine but so far we're on schedule.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:40 AM

Cool! Looking forward to it
Old 01-04-2012, 09:07 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Awesome, can't wait.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:37 AM

Yup, can't wait!
Old 02-14-2012, 11:16 AM

Default First update

Hi everyone!

As promised, here are the new screenshots of our game with some additional information! It took a little bit longer then we expected but we worked very hard to get some big systems up and running in the game such as particles, now we want to show you the result:

Heroki flies up in the air in front of his house in his sky village ‘Levantia’.

In Levantia, Heroki can interact and talk to all of the villagers.
In this shot you can see Heroki flying over a little boy. Notice their expression as they are looking to each other.

As the adventure begins, Heroki faces many different foes.
In this screenshot he’s in the first world attacking a big hungry croc!

In this screenshot of world 2, Heroki wants the treasure chest,
but he is in danger of being attacked by the surrounding enemies.

Here is a piece from our blogpost on www.picomy.com
Quote:
Officialy, Heroki is a platformer that is a story based action - adventure game but different from regular run and jump type of platformers, many people are already familiar with. The core of the game lies on the flying aspect, giving the player much more freedom then regular platformers. Sure, Heroki can also walk/run but he’s at his finest in the air where he can perform lots of different abilities providing a unique experience that is ideal for a touchscreen.

This is where our own unique Flow Motion Control scheme shines. The player can control heroki and perform his abilities very easily without the use of virtual buttons keeping the GUI very minimal (not visible yet). We will be more specific about the control scheme in a later update!

Calling Heroki a platformer alone doesn’t back up all of its features. For example; Heroki can return to his sky village “Levantia” at any point in the game to interact with the many citizens of Levantia and play many sidequests such as a treasure-hunt or use one of the many shops trading your collected coins for upgrades and bonuses.

Heroki is going to be a big game with 5 large worlds to explore plus that of your own village. Each world has their own challenges, secrets and lots of different enemies. With each world, Heroki learns new abilities creating a huge diversity in gameplay and keeping the game interesting trough the end.

By mastering all these new abilities Heroki prepares himself using his strength to fight the ultimate end boss and retrieving the magic element that will save his village.

This game has so much more to show to the world but we’re saving that for the next updates!
Thanks everyone!
Old 02-14-2012, 11:24 AM

Heroki is definitely one of the Must Have Titles of 2012...
Old 02-14-2012, 11:27 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sorry, I think that art is messed up... with my drool all over it
Old 02-14-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Sorry, I think that art is messed up... with my drool all over it
I think the main problem with the game is that it is not already on my iPhone.