Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-22-2011, 04:30 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

That's right, Jailhouse Jack is a candidate for TouchArcade's Game of the Week!

If you want it to make the cut, nominate it for voting in this thread.

Note: This poll is for existing TouchArcade members only. Developers may not nominate/vote for their own games, nor bring outsiders in to vote.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:47 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Nice job again from Donut Game !
Instant fun and struggle to grab points.
Hope 4 more level in the future !

Thanks Mr Donut !
Old 12-23-2011, 03:25 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Game Impressions

Great game!!

Instant buy when I see DIRECT YOUR OWN JAILBREAK MOVIE.
Definitely relaxing puzzle and great "rewind" feature. As a filmmaker, I really like the directing theme attached to it, it adds some kind of interesting flavas.
As I have most of Donut games' titles, I really must say that this one is my personal favorite.

Perhaps if there's another achievement on solving each puzzle in the least shooting time (as we all know that film stocks are damn expensive), the game will have a different feeling. It becomes time constraint. Perhaps next game mode?

Overall impression, super satisfied!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 05:47 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

I agree, time-dependence would add something really meaningful to the scoring (see my updated prev post)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agas View Post
Great game!!

Instant buy when I see DIRECT YOUR OWN JAILBREAK MOVIE.
Definitely relaxing puzzle and great "rewind" feature. As a filmmaker, I really like the directing theme attached to it, it adds some kind of interesting flavas.
As I have most of Donut games' titles, I really must say that this one is my personal favorite.

Perhaps if there's another achievement on solving each puzzle in the least shooting time (as we all know that film stocks are damn expensive), the game will have a different feeling. It becomes time constraint. Perhaps next game mode?

Overall impression, super satisfied!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 06:54 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

nice... looks interesting! My kids LOVE Donut Games releases. Can't wait to surprise them with this one when they all get home today. =oD
Old 12-23-2011, 11:20 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

@krolis

Agree... Finished less than 7 hours and play it again on another device less than 2 hours and no more points founded !

So bad...great hopes vanished !

Last edited by ERBA1973; 12-23-2011 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:40 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERBA1973 View Post
@krolis

Agree... Finished less than 7 hours and play it again on another device less than 2 hours and no more points founded !

So bad...great hopes vanished !
7 hours of gameplay for $0.99 is 'bad'? What the hell do people on these forums want...?
Old 12-23-2011, 11:49 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
7 hours of gameplay for $0.99 is 'bad'? What the hell do people on these forums want...?
the developers to personally go to their houses, and create games for them four at a time, and to their exact specifications... no food, no drink, no sleep, no money...

=oP

I get 7 hours of gameplay out of an adventure game that I paid $5-$8 for and I'm happy. =oP

$0.99 up at the sweet shop here is about 15-20 minutes of video games... depending on how good you are... I know my kids go through a buck in 5 minutes...

Anything over that is icing on the cake, plus, I get to keep it and eat it all again at a later date if I so choose to... =oD

LOVE the AppStore!

**edit**

sorry, I shouldn't say "no money" - I can see a lot of people here flicking pennies at the devs head while they're working...

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 12-23-2011 at 11:52 AM..
Old 12-23-2011, 12:06 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
the developers to personally go to their houses, and create games for them four at a time, and to their exact specifications... no food, no drink, no sleep, no money...

=oP

I get 7 hours of gameplay out of an adventure game that I paid $5-$8 for and I'm happy. =oP

$0.99 up at the sweet shop here is about 15-20 minutes of video games... depending on how good you are... I know my kids go through a buck in 5 minutes...

Anything over that is icing on the cake, plus, I get to keep it and eat it all again at a later date if I so choose to... =oD

LOVE the AppStore!

**edit**

sorry, I shouldn't say "no money" - I can see a lot of people here flicking pennies at the devs head while they're working...
Hahaha those expectations aren't that far off

Regardless about gameplay time (which is a TON), this game is super fun and really makes you think to get every single point. Bottom line is, if you love DG games, this one is by all means no exception. Very highly recommended.

Edit: And I completely agree with you about the AppStore and it's pricing. That's the reason why my iPhone and iPad have become my primary gaming devices.

Last edited by smes3817; 12-23-2011 at 12:12 PM..
Old 12-23-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
I think they meant if they solved the puzzle in less time there should be a bonus award for points for the level. I don't think they meant it "only took" 7 hours, etc.

At first I worried that my score would slip if I used the rewind feature but in actuality you can use it as much as you want (least I THINK so) and get the same score. But at the same time I have picked up everything I see to pick up - blown up boxes for hidden coins, etc, and STILL can't get the highest score for the level!