★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ~ ACTION RPG MEETS PHYSICS GAMEPLAY IN A BEAUTIFUL HAND-PAINTED WORLD ~

---------------------------------------------------

Fara in the Press:

"It's Fara's style that's special... fun physics twists and the touch controls are well executed." - TUAW

"...detailed painted backdrops and use of the Box 2D physics engine are coming together to create one impressive package..." - RPGFan

"...Fara is an awesome feat thats entertaining and will definitely make you smile." - G4

"The artwork in Fara is gorgeous." - Joystiq

"a bevy of beasts, bosses, puzzles, and fourth-wall-breaking smart alecks." - iFanzine

~AN ACTION RPG WITH INCREDIBLE PHYSICS GAMEPLAY!~
Retro-inspired action RPG gameplay combines with full physics integration for a brand new experience. Control flaming ballistas, enormous battering rams and powerful magic in a dynamic environment full of quests, abilities, and items.

~iPAD EXCLUSIVE ABILITIES, SECRET AREAS, AND DUNGEON!~
Play the expanded, definitive version of Fara, complete with new abilities, secret areas, and a full new dungeon.

~EXPLORE A BEAUTIFUL HAND-PAINTED WORLD!~
The world of Fara is a giant, living canvas. Visit amazing locations that mix hand drawn artwork with a modern effects engine for a stunning new look.

~AN EPIC QUEST FULL OF QUIRKY CHARACTERS!~
Explore the island and meet its strange inhabitants. A cast of hilarious, weird, and entertaining characters drive the story along at a brisk pace.

~INTUITIVE TOUCH CONTROLS BUILT FOR iOS!~
Enjoy simple controls for an immersive, intuitive gameplay experience.

~CLASSICAL COLLIDES WITH CHIPTUNE IN THE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK!~
Orchestral arrangements mix with vintage sounds for a score that is both familiar and innovative.

~FULL GAME CENTER INTEGRATION WITH LEADERBOARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS!~
Compete against your friends or challenge yourself with Leaderboards and Achievements.

"BUY NOW" or "GIFT THIS APP" to a friend and start your adventure in Fara today!

Keep up with the latest Pixel and Texel news for Fara updates, contests, giveaways, and more!

- Support - send emails to support at pixel-n-texel.com
- Blog - http://www.pixel-n-texel.com/
- Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pixel.n.texel
- Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/pixelandtexel
- YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/PixelandTexel

goiMot's comments:
iPhone version:

12-19-2011, 09:12 PM
I really liked the iPhone version, so I might pick this up.

12-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Woot, was hoping this was gonna make it on iPad, must get

Gamecenter/openfeint: kearnel81
currently playing - weird worlds, GPA, chu chu rocket, if2, bards tale, defenders of Arcadia, six guns
12-20-2011, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kearnel View Post
Woot, was hoping this was gonna make it on iPad, must get
An update with universal binary would have been nice? My iTunes balance is pennies rather than pounds - I'll have to stick with the iPhone edition.

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
12-20-2011, 03:18 PM
I didn't play the iPhone version, so this will all be new to me. Looking forward to checking this out sometime soon.
12-20-2011, 06:29 PM
How is it possible that developers still don't understand the importance of allowing screen rotation on iPad?

Fix it, please.
12-22-2011, 02:10 PM
New Version Submitted

Hey guys. We submitted a new update to Fara HD yesterday that supports iOS versions that are older than iOS 5. B/c of the App Store holiday lockdown, hopefully this update will be approved before the New Year.

Misguided - We are looking into supporting multiple orientations on Fara HD in an additional update.

Thanks so much for supporting the game, and feel free to ask us any questions on this forum.

-Andrew
12-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelandtexel View Post
Hey guys. We submitted a new update to Fara HD yesterday that supports iOS versions that are older than iOS 5. B/c of the App Store holiday lockdown, hopefully this update will be approved before the New Year.
You just saved yourself a bad Review on the iTunes Store since i couldn`t play the HD Version because of that Reason and didn`t even know that the Game was using any Option of the 5.0 Firmware.

Was it a Mistake or is the Game using anything from 5.0 that i did miss?
01-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Fara HD $.99 Sale

Hey guys. Just a quick update that Fara HD for iPad is on sale for $.99 for the next 48 hours.

-Andrew
01-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Any chance you'll either add auto-rotation or at least an option to flip the screen? I want to play this, but I keep getting stopped by the fact that's upside down relative to the smart cover. Or did you add that and I missed it?