★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

CAVE sale

12-20-2011, 03:15 AM
CAVE sale

"Five CAVE shooters apps will be having a sale: Dec 21, 2011 to Jan 10th, 2012! EspgaludaII, DodonpachiR, BUGPANIC, DEATHSMILES all the way!"

-via Twitter.

Stay tuned.

Should go into effect when NZ hits the 21st, which is in under four hours.

----------

DEATHSMILES $11.99 to $6.99

Dodonpachi Resurrection $7.99 to $5.99

ESPGALUDA II $7.99 to $5.99

ESPGALUDA II HD $13.99 to $10.99

Mushihimesama BUG PANIC $6.99 to 99c

Twitter: @back2this

Last edited by backtothis; 12-21-2011 at 12:44 AM.
12-20-2011, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
"Five CAVE shooters apps will be having a sale: Dec 21, 2011 to Jan 10th, 2012! EspgaludaII, DodonpachiR, BUGPANIC, DEATHSMILES all the way!"

-via Twitter.

Stay tuned.

Should go into effect when NZ hits the 21st, which is in under four hours.
Thanks for the heads up. Might be able to grab EspgaludaII this time around. I missed the last sale by an hour

12-20-2011, 03:30 AM
*Waits*

ID on GameCenter: Joshnsuch

Mention you're from TA if you send a request. This would please me.
12-20-2011, 04:05 AM
Two more hours!
Well for me anyway...

GameCenter: Raro

12-20-2011, 06:19 AM
I am still on the fence regarding the two titles. EspgaludaII or DodonpachiR?? Any tip?
12-20-2011, 07:40 AM
I was thinking about trying out one of Cave’s shmups, so I tried the lite versions and I really loved it. Which one could you shmup pros recommend for a total noob in the genre? The only Cave game I have is Bug Panic but that’s a dual stick shooter (thrower?) - one of my favorite dual stick games, brilliant and difficult as hell, me like!

Favorites: The Quest Gold + expansions, Mission Europa Collectors Edition, Ascension, Jet Car Stunts 2, Junk Jack X, King of Dragon Pass, Kingturn series, Mecho Wars HD, Mini Dash, Mos Speedrun, Ravenmark, Sonic series, Fall of Angels, Highborn, Solomon’s Keep / Boneyard, pixel art games, remakes and ports of classic games.
12-20-2011, 09:06 AM
I'd say to get ESPgaluda II, but I have not played Death Smiles or Bug Princess. Bug Princess looks awesome.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
12-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunlock View Post
I was thinking about trying out one of Cave’s shmups, so I tried the lite versions and I really loved it. Which one could you shmup pros recommend for a total noob in the genre? The only Cave game I have is Bug Panic but that’s a dual stick shooter (thrower?) - one of my favorite dual stick games, brilliant and difficult as hell, me like!
I'm not a bullet hell pro by any means, and I only have Deahsmiles and Bug Princess... To me, Bug Princess may be a really good choice for Bullet Hell noobs. There's 3 game modes (different bullet patterns and slightly different scoring manner), and 4 difficulty levels per game mode. If you browse the Bug Princess thread or glance at Vally's Bug Princess guide in the general discussions thread...it sounds like Bug Princess is much simpler in terms of scoring mechanics.. This lets me focus more on playing and surviving for fun. I definitely prefer Bug Princess to Deathsmiles for my *bullet hell* experience.

I don't have Espgaluda nor Dodonpachi though, and while those 2 sound like they are also good..the scoring mechanics sounds too complex to me for *my taste* so hats why I didnt get them. It's just my preference though... Feel free to join the Bullet Hell group and ask people for advice!

Edit: Forgot to mention...I also have Bug Panic, and between bug Panic, Bug Princess and Deathsmiles...I love Bug Panic by far! But I'm more of a duel stick shooter person. =D

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?

Last edited by tops2; 12-20-2011 at 10:10 AM.
12-20-2011, 10:11 AM
If the HD version of EspgaludaII goes on sale, I'll probably pick it up for my wife's iPad.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
12-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Five? So Bug Princess is going on sale already? =/

ıllıllı ȼ¥ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX • QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80