★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

MMO section? Really?

05-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
MMO section? Really?

Why?

That's all that needs to be said.

Ok, to be more clear, I would say that I don't mind it being there, but why not utilize a sub-forums structure? Put Most of them under Games, then make a developer section with the appropriate sub forums? It would look much cleaner and be more appropriate for this. We have 10 different forums out there. Getting too big, IMO.

Last edited by brewstermax; 05-07-2009 at 05:53 PM.
05-07-2009, 05:52 PM
So that we don't get spammed in the Game discussion forum area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
...I vink you fail good sir. I don't vink vat yo get ze jok.
Proud Member of SAB
SAB Intelligence Officer

05-07-2009, 05:57 PM
It was becoming increasingly difficult to find games in the games forum for all the "add me, add me, add me" threads.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-07-2009, 06:03 PM
I think the MMO/Code spam forum should be the first forum maybe with the name surrounded by some

That would effectively drive all idiot code spammer traffic to the right place... MAYBE!
05-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomdude View Post
So that we don't get spammed in the Game discussion forum area.
+1, those threads r soooo annoying

Plus+, Openfeint, and Gameloft Live Username: Vester
Add me on GameCenter: Sock Merchant
2/6/11 the Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl XLV
05-07-2009, 06:39 PM
There was a public outcry for this.

Hate to say it but I think you're in the minority on this brewster.

Arn was only doing what a good administrator does: pleasing the members in a logical way.

/sarcasm
05-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDubby94 View Post
There was a public outcry for this.

Hate to say it but I think you're in the minority on this brewster.

Arn was only doing what a good administrator does: pleasing the members in a logical way.
Not saying dispose of it. I'm saying that it just adds more clutter, and that it needs logical organization. MacRumors has it. I mean, it has great organization. I think that iPodTouchFans has better logical organization, but they are branched too much. If we had a large, dedicated jailbreak community, it would be better. :s. But, we need to condense, move, and subforum.
05-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Do you really think that the people who come to TA for no reason other than to post their code and never come back are seriously going to browse around for an appropriate subforum?
05-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Do you really think that the people who come to TA for no reason other than to post their code and never come back are seriously going to browse around for an appropriate subforum?
It would make them less likely to post.
05-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
It would make them less likely to post.
No, they'd just post it in the first forum they find then a dozen people would come flame then and report the thread.