Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-21-2011, 05:39 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Isn't it plainly obvious why?

They couldn't care less about "fans want." Their bottom line is all that matters. Gameloft was always run that way and it is being run that way now.
Yeah its a shame, i didnt mind them before when they basically cloned a lot of popular games, i was happy as i had a copy of those games now on my ipod. But i think now they seem to as you say just be going after money even more now and nothing else which is a huge shame. Dont seem to care about the customer at all.

Lots of factors come into it, i always think we should support the 'little man' and buy lots of games by smaller devs but lots of people wait for sales/till its free which doesnt help. But game by game i'm falling out of love for Gameloft.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:55 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 5.x

I don't know if you can earn gems, though if you can I'm sure it won't be many.

Either way to get all the top gear is going to cost an absolute fortune in real money. Not only that, everything you need in the game costs gems, even new skills.. And what really takes the piss is that when you finish a level you have to use keys to unlock a chest and yep you guessed it, keys cost gems!

Such a shame
Old 12-21-2011, 08:01 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

So despite all the bitching and moaning, I'm still playing and somewhat enjoying the game. Yeah, the keys and gems are a letdown. But since a LOT of the game is accessible via gold, it's not TOO terrible.

That being said, if anyone IS playing the game, my Gameloft Live ID is nicoga3000 (will be putting in sig) so we can send gifts and stuff back and forth. Gameloft isn't changing the game - they aren't going to go back and remove all the IAPs. It is what it is. So it's probably best to either play and enjoy what game we DO have, or just leave the thread and go on with the other great titles out there.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:21 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default ?

Does this game stay connected to the net or something? I got done doing some waves and shopping in the store and all of a sudden I get a text saying I used 100% of my data plan.....
Old 12-21-2011, 08:29 AM

Impressions:

Production value is good, played 4 maps so far, DH/Diablo was never about epic story so I don't care about that, the variety in locations and enemies is fantastic. It is a shame that they already have so many locations, may as well add a couple of NPCs and make a crude story/exploration out of it to please the fans. I mean even the Glu games try to add some sort of crude story/campaign around grinding.

HOWEVER

Combat is just as bad as the old DH's. Skills are based on STATIC damage, which means they will be obsolete as soon as you get good gear and auto-attacks your way through the game. They really really need to copy Diablo 2 in talent tree design. Let me spend gold/IAP to unlock fine, but skills need to be fun/rewarding to use.

DH/Diablo/Borderland was also about getting RANDOM loot, epic drops when you down a boss, epic drops when you open a chest etc. When your entire upgrade path is completely predictable, it is just not as fun.

Also no skill "tree" to speak of (just purchase skills with gold), no stats to manage. It is awful. No sense of customization, even if the old DH games you just dumped everything into 1 stat any way, it still gave you a sense of accomplishment when you level up.

I really don't think Gameloft can compete with Glu in freemium space. Every Glu game is automatic top 25 grossing before it sinks to top 50. Six guns made no splash whatsoever and DH3 will be the same way. I believe Gameloft needs to look at the financial success of Modern Combat 3 (#1 on top grossing chart for a while) and understand quality > quantity for them.

Last edited by hitmantb; 12-21-2011 at 08:50 AM..
Old 12-21-2011, 09:04 AM

I dont mind a little grinding to encourage IAP, but waiting 30 minutes to upgrade something is broken because its 30 minutes of game time, and by then you can afford a better item. (Well, maybe that wont be true at higher levels, but right now, there is no point to upgrading.) So its not freemium done right in my book.

I honestly dont think the game is as good as Pocket RPG or the Solomon's games in any event. No random loot, no customization and awkward skill activation (compared to Solomon's).

Still, its not too bad and its free so I'll play it for a bit. Especially since they havent updated Pocket RPG with new content.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmantb View Post
Impressions:

Production value is good, played 4 maps so far, DH/Diablo was never about epic story so I don't care about that, the variety in locations and enemies is fantastic. It is a shame that they already have so many locations, may as well add a couple of NPCs and make a crude story/exploration out of it to please the fans. I mean even the Glu games try to add some sort of crude story/campaign around grinding.

HOWEVER

Combat is just as bad as the old DH's. Skills are based on STATIC damage, which means they will be obsolete as soon as you get good gear and auto-attacks your way through the game. They really really need to copy Diablo 2 in talent tree design. Let me spend gold/IAP to unlock fine, but skills need to be fun/rewarding to use.

DH/Diablo/Borderland was also about getting RANDOM loot, epic drops when you down a boss, epic drops when you open a chest etc. When your entire upgrade path is completely predictable, it is just not as fun.

Also no skill "tree" to speak of (just purchase skills with gold), no stats to manage. It is awful. No sense of customization, even if the old DH games you just dumped everything into 1 stat any way, it still gave you a sense of accomplishment when you level up.

I really don't think Gameloft can compete with Glu in freemium space. Every Glu game is automatic top 25 grossing before it sinks to top 50. Six guns made no splash whatsoever and DH3 will be the same way. I believe Gameloft needs to look at the financial success of Modern Combat 3 (#1 on top grossing chart for a while) and understand quality > quantity for them.
Agreed. I was noticing that Six Guns was a pretty big flop. It's not even in the top 100 most grossing. For a freemium game, that must be disappointing to them, which makes me glad, and I hope none of their freemium bullshit pays off. I just download the games and give a 1 star review.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:29 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

After playing a few more maps..to me..its still a decently fun streamlined arpg (minus some of the customizations and skills and such as others mentioned). It just gets to the down and dirty fighting. I haven't had much difficulty, and the rate you earn gold isn't too bad. I'm ok with the cooldown time for upgrades.

With that said..I just deleted the game cause it does start to feel a bit samey to me (aside from the grind)..I might as well play Glu's freemium (I really enjoyed Gun Bros, and the others were ok to me too). At least with Glu's freemium, it seems to not have the cooldown time (aside from a few things). Also, I'm currently running out of space due to all the Christmas sales so don't want a >800megs uncompressed game thats only "ok" to me. If I want a grindy game..I'll just stick to any krpgs.

Edit: As a few have mentioned..Gameloft should have called this "Dungeon Hunter Arena" or something to minimize the backlash over the "Dungeon Hunter" franchise.. lol..

Last edited by tops2; 12-21-2011 at 09:36 AM..
Old 12-21-2011, 09:31 AM

The reason upgrade takes so long is because upgrades are overpowered in this game. A level 3 upgrade on an item is easily as good or better than next item and it is MUCH cheaper too.

This is compounded by the fact that next item in the chain may not even have the stats combo you are looking for, and is useless for your class/build.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:47 AM
iPhone 5s

if you equip an item you can only equip something else but not really unequip it, or i just can not find how to do that.