Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #211  
Old 12-22-2011, 07:22 PM
GoofyJmaster. GoofyJmaster. is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 2,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman100 View Post
I guess it's a matter of opinion if u tried it and find it boring. I actually think its really addictive tbh.

Btw, let me point out that a lot of people hate GL. I don't think ratings genuinely reflect the quality of the game itself. Let me explain. If people were free to rate GL's premium games I'd imagine the ratings being a whole lot worse with random complaints as well as nitpicking to give a 1 star rating. Now those are just the trolls who look for something to complain about, couple that with the excessive amount of 'crackers' who openly express on the Internet "I get ALL my games free I don't want freemium garbage." Mix that in with those who are genuinely disappointed and those who just want to yell "FFFUUU Gameloft!!" now u have a whole lot of raging reviews.

Simply stated: the game is not as bad as what people make it out to be.
I'll agree with you on this. The game isn't terrible and it's leagues better than Six Guns IMO. It just doesn't hold my attention at all and doesn't rank favorably with my premium purchases in terms of really anything except maybe graphics. Z4 was released this week as freemium and is sooo much better and takes up less space on my device. I just find it hard to come back to this game after the amazing releases within the past two weeks.

If you're person who doesn't regularly buy games, waits for sales, etc then this might be the "bees knees".

Also, I think if you were really pumped for an actual DH3 or were/are burnt out from Glu games then this game might be less fun.

I just think it's a bad direction for GL as far as gaming. But the kicker is if enough ppl buy the IAPs then we'll just be seeing more of the same from them. It's not about quality or depth of the experience to them, but selling you IAPs in a pretty package. Obviously this is my opinion.

Well, one last thing, I don't think nitpicking is trollish when we've seen great games come out. Why should we give GL a break when smaller indie devs are pushing the boundaries more than this huge corporation.

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 12-22-2011 at 07:27 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 12-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Ayjona Ayjona is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmantb View Post
Deleted this and Bullet Time after Zenonia 4 came out, and may pick up Crimson Heart (If anyone know of other high visual quality RPGs with good skill trees let me know, I have Aralon already.)
Definitively and unfortunately not endowed with appealing visuals, but Wild Frontier is a splendid krpg that takes the whole Zenonia series back to school and gives it an asian F And I actually like all the Zenonia games (in spite of a preference for western RPGs of a hardcore nature, from Spiderweb Software games to Skyrim), which only means that Wild Frontier is all the more enjoyable.

Last edited by Ayjona; 12-22-2011 at 07:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 12-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Madman100 Madman100 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Well, one last thing, I don't think nitpicking is trollish when we've seen great games come out. Why should we give GL a break when smaller indie devs are pushing the boundaries more than this huge corporation.
yes but I was referring to those who nitpick to justify a 1 star rating.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 12-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Amenbrother Amenbrother is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,660
Default Wth

I have been at 0 keys all day and they are not regenerating like people are claiming what a waste of time and a pos game.
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 12-22-2011, 08:33 PM
GoofyJmaster. GoofyJmaster. is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 2,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman100 View Post
yes but I was referring to those who nitpick to justify a 1 star rating.
Yeah, that does make sense. Even with older/other GL games I'm not happy with, I try not to give 1 star ratings. I try to do this with a lot of games and justify my reasons why. Thinking about it, I can definitely see your point because I remember when GPA (great game) first came out. There were a bunch of unjustified reviews for that

Here's how I see it: If you rated Six Guns highly, you might as well rate this game the same or better because it is better than SG by a long mile (wow, I really hat that game).

And yes, I know the name should've been changed and this isn't DH3. However, looking at it somewhat objectively, this is better than SG and that game has a 4 and a half star rating. Personally, I'd give SG 1 (-5 if I could) star and this 2 stars (in reality 1 because I don't like where GL is headed).
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 12-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Madman100 Madman100 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Personally, I'd give SG 1 (-5 if I could) star and this 2 stars (in reality 1 because I don't like where GL is headed).
to be completely honest, this is what I was referring to. The game is indeed very well made (minus the freemium and no story). In my very humble opinion I would reward them both a solid 3 stars (-1 for freemium, -1 for no story).

Although I agree DH3 is a lot better than SG, I don't see it as a 4 star game. I also do not see SG as a 2 star game, thus justifying me rating them the same IMO.

To each his own, though. And I'm not looking to argue.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 12-22-2011, 08:51 PM
GoofyJmaster. GoofyJmaster. is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 2,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman100 View Post
to be completely honest, this is what I was referring to. The game is indeed very well made (minus the freemium and no story). In my very humble opinion I would reward them both a solid 3 stars (-1 for freemium, -1 for no story).

Although I agree DH3 is a lot better than SG, I don't see it as a 4 star game. I also do not see SG as a 2 star game, thus justifying me rating them the same IMO.

To each his own, though. And I'm not looking to argue.
Haha, I'm not looking to argue either and I respect your rating. The reason I gave it 1 star is based off of everything I've said in this thread. Giving it more than 1 would almost be a shot at all the great premium games that truly surpass it. Also, this is GL we are talking about. I know they can do better than this. Also part of my 1 star is a shot at how I think they view their customer base and their ethics. Obviously this is speculation, but I think I could make a strong argument.

2 stars is what I actually think it deserves and making it 1 star is definitely taking a shot at Gameloft. However, I just chose not to rate it at all because of what I said earlier; "if the market wants to reduce quality (the game as a whole) so be it, I'll go back to console and not look back."

**SG isn't even a game IMO. I hate that POS. It honestly deserves to be ripped from the AppStore along with a bunch of other BS. This is my opinion. In my impression/review I stated why some might like it.

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 12-22-2011 at 08:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 12-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Madman100 Madman100 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,201
Default

Ok, I've got it. The raging 1 stars have nothing to do with the game being bad. It's about Gameloft creating a game titled DH3 which is clearly not what it is. It's also about making an example of Gameloft. Though freemium appeals to a large crowd, it's the loud crowd that wants to be heard.

I doubt GL expected this large of an outcry, it's the fans of the original series that are upset as well as all the usual haters who would love to harass every game by GL without paying for them.

There is no doubt freemium has a solid place in the market but this does not justify tampering the original series. They could have named it something different or coined it as a spin-off instead of a continuation of the series. Of course there are those who will never be satisfied unless GL caters to their demands directly but even in my mind this would have been acceptable.

As for the game, it is very addictive IMO. It is by no means a horrible game even with IAP, which aren't relian at all for progressing. The gameplay is fun and I'm enjoying leveling up and upgrading armor. All in all it's a good game for free.

Is this what fans of the series wanted, no. That's where the problem lies, GL better wise up before nobody enjoys their business anymore. Stop using classics to justify freemium and less people will complain, although now people may just continue to do so in protest.
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 12-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Greg G Greg G is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 180
Default

Even though I gave it a one star review for pretending to be DH3, I gave the game an honest try. I just could not get into it. Even though I didn't die that much, getting a premium purchase pop up to keep my gold and experience is a real kick in the a$$. I put 2-3hrs into it and just found it boring and repetitive. Perhaps it deserves 2 stars on it's own merits but holds firm at 1 due to my disappointment at the lack of a real DH3.

I hope the 1 star reviews continue and even more hope GL gets the message and uses this game engine to build a real DH game.
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 12-23-2011, 12:29 AM
Madman100 Madman100 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,201
Default

The ratings will rise steadily once the initial hate is over. (I think)
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent