Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-23-2011, 12:08 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

My own real personal complaint about this game is the filesize.. lol.. Well, its my main complaint about all Gameloft games that I've tried.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:22 AM
Banned
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Hmmm, I have had no keys regenerate at all yesterday. Anyone else notice this?
Old 12-23-2011, 12:31 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugLover View Post
Hmmm, I have had no keys regenerate at all yesterday. Anyone else notice this?
Been working fine for me on iOS 5.. I remember LG3 had a similar situation for folks on iOS 4.5 (or something similar).

I suggest reporting the bug to Gameloft as well as ur device model and iOS version so they can get to work on a fix.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:05 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Ok, so I've been reading this thread and am guessing that the general consensus is that DH3 is a pretty decent arena hack-n-slash (as far as arena/wave-based games go) but the freemium model ruins it. Welp, after playing about an hour's worth that was pretty much the same as my opinion about the game anyways~ (I'm only posting in this thread because I hope that with each reply about the crappy freemium model Gameloft realizes that it's bad direction for their games, but seeing as there are more people who are so easily lulled into thinking that these games are "SO COOL, AND IT'S FREEE!!!11!!!1" we might be seeing more of this model implemented into their future games. I really, really, hope not.)
Old 12-23-2011, 02:58 AM
Banned
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman100 View Post
Been working fine for me on iOS 5.. I remember LG3 had a similar situation for folks on iOS 4.5 (or something similar).

I suggest reporting the bug to Gameloft as well as ur device model and iOS version so they can get to work on a fix.
I'm on iOS 5 too, iPad 2 so not sure. I will report it
Old 12-23-2011, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neetyneety View Post
Ok, so I've been reading this thread and am guessing that the general consensus is that DH3 is a pretty decent arena hack-n-slash (as far as arena/wave-based games go) but the freemium model ruins it. Welp, after playing about an hour's worth that was pretty much the same as my opinion about the game anyways~ (I'm only posting in this thread because I hope that with each reply about the crappy freemium model Gameloft realizes that it's bad direction for their games, but seeing as there are more people who are so easily lulled into thinking that these games are "SO COOL, AND IT'S FREEE!!!11!!!1" we might be seeing more of this model implemented into their future games. I really, really, hope not.)
It's not even decent as an arena rpg.
There is no loot, which means there is one single element of this game, ONE, which is mash the attackbutton.
There is nothing else going on.

Awful.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:23 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I enjoyed arena based games such as Gun Bros and also D.A.R.K which was basically round after round of killing.

And yeah in a way you could say the 1 star ratings for the game are unfair as its a lot of people moaning about the change in direction for the franchise but thats the only way 'we' can really get to Gameloft, not buying any IAP's of DH3 will hurt their pockets but i'm sure they make millions elsewhere, the only way to really 'talk to them' is via terrible comments on the app store. Its quite good hearing other websites picking this up (Pocket Gamer which surprised me). Gameloft dont come to these threads, they'll probably ignore emails to them if theyre not 'nice' ones, but user reviews everyone sees and it'll hurt them.

If Gameloft released this as a $2.99 arena game with no IAP's it wouldnt be that bad, if they said 'we've listened to our users and we'll be releasing a DH4 this year which is back to the true RPG style....' then we'll be over the moon. If they release 'DH4' with IAP's then its bad news again.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:40 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I enjoyed arena based games such as Gun Bros and also D.A.R.K which was basically round after round of killing.

And yeah in a way you could say the 1 star ratings for the game are unfair as its a lot of people moaning about the change in direction for the franchise but thats the only way 'we' can really get to Gameloft, not buying any IAP's of DH3 will hurt their pockets but i'm sure they make millions elsewhere, the only way to really 'talk to them' is via terrible comments on the app store. Its quite good hearing other websites picking this up (Pocket Gamer which surprised me). Gameloft dont come to these threads, they'll probably ignore emails to them if theyre not 'nice' ones, but user reviews everyone sees and it'll hurt them.

If Gameloft released this as a $2.99 arena game with no IAP's it wouldnt be that bad, if they said 'we've listened to our users and we'll be releasing a DH4 this year which is back to the true RPG style....' then we'll be over the moon. If they release 'DH4' with IAP's then its bad news again.
I hear you, but is a simplistic button masher worth $3? Just a question! To me it's like saying Six Guns was worth $10. My complaining is more about the game itself than the freemium model.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:43 AM
iPad Air, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by neetyneety View Post
If only. GL aren't in the game to make us happy, (despite what their shiny happy PR people would have you believe) they are a big company so it's only projections, forecasts and the bottom line that matters. this is how the works. They seem to think freemium is the promised land- a big jar of strawberry jam, that we are flies and won't be able to help ourselves from gorging on their money trap. If this is the way iOS gaming is going wholesale then I'm going to be spending more and more time playing on the Vita when I get one.
What is most annoying about freemium to me is the idea that game dev's are forcing this piss poor leeching future on us rather than offering 'paid up front' versions of their games alongside. To people who just want buy the games outright without being coerced ie their best customers like you and me it's a slap in the face and belies a lack of imagination and capability to make decent games that people want to buy outright. If it has anything to do with piracy control then freemium is an obdurate solution and will only make those who made you come to resent you (hundreds if not thousands of negative posts) customers like us.
Myself, I've never pirated anything, always had the view if something is that good and I want it that much it's worth paying the creator for it.
Mobile games used to be total crap, then they got good for a couple of years, now we are going backwards.

Last edited by Bad Hanson; 12-23-2011 at 03:46 AM..
Old 12-23-2011, 04:29 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Hanson View Post
Myself, I've never pirated anything, always had the view if something is that good and I want it that much it's worth paying the creator for it. Mobile games used to be total crap, then they got good for a couple of years, now we are going backwards.
Back in the 80's when i was on rubbish pocket money and home computers were popular it was difficult trying to save up $12 for a game every week as so many games were coming out, hence people copied games from friends.

But now with games for 99c or a few dollars i dont see why people would copy games, theyre sooooooo cheap.

Obviously being older now i can afford tons of iOS games but the main thing is i want iOS to do well. Thats why I buy games on release at full price, i want the dev to get a sale and get a better bit of profit from me rather than when its half price/free and after Apple take their chunk they hardly make any.

Its sad hearing the makers of Terra Noctis mention a big lack of sales despite a stunning game. I think way too many people seem to wait for price cuts or when it goes free.

Sadly i see other companies following Gamelofts approach if theyre not making much from initial sales of games. We can all sit here and moan about freemium but we need to support small teams that produce great games, as the second they dont make much money (as people either use pirated copies, wait for price reductions or for the game to be free) sooner or later these smaller quality companies will go elsewhere to try and make money and another market.

Bullet Time was freemium dont get me wrong but that was freemium done well, i loved that game so much i bought 2.99 of 'credits' mostly as a 'thankyou' to the devs. I didnt have to buy any IAP's (completed half the game without them) but i wanted the dev to have something. Gameloft on the other hand seem to be 'forcing' you to buy IAP's which is wrong. I used to think of IAP's as a way to cheat, back in the 80's/90's you had pokes you entered or combinations to unlock things. I think of IAPs' as a similar thing, a way for you to get forward on a game if youre stuck, better to play it with better items then think 'i'm stuck, fed up, i'm deleting this'. BUT the problem is IAP's from Gameloft are the reverse, they force you to basically buy them which isnt good at all.

But we seriously have to keep supporting devs and buying their games (and not waiting for them to be free) if we want constantly good games in the future.

Sorry for the rant, just i hope other companies dont follow what Gameloft are doing. I could understand it when companies released a game with 2 levels and then you buy the rest of the game in the app to unlock it, that surely stops piracy. But even then you had people moaning they had to download the whole app instead of a smaller trial version, cant win !