Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-28-2011, 07:29 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

Am half way thru into world 2 with Barbarian and Shaman.
But at this moment, been cashing out in the last map (Werewolves?) for World 1.
With AAA status should be sufficient to grab a significant amount.

Any build guides for Shaman/Barbarian?
Old 12-28-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkin182 View Post
Am half way thru into world 2 with Barbarian and Shaman.
But at this moment, been cashing out in the last map (Werewolves?) for World 1.
With AAA status should be sufficient to grab a significant amount.

Any build guides for Shaman/Barbarian?
Shaman

A) Offense: Be aware that an upgraded tier 3 weapon really isnt enough damage by the end of World 2. The Soul Crush skill doesnt seem to scale well, so your going to need high weapon damage. I am getting it from Purification (+damage boost) with the tier 3 spear fully upgraded but grinding for a tier 5 weapon is another option.

B) Defense: Boss fights get tough towards the end of act 2. You wont have enough potions left to get through them with good armor alone. You need the heal skill + the passive armor boost, and with a couple points in them (I maxed the armor boost) upgraded tier 3 armor will get you through Act II (doesnt hurt if you held out for some tier 4, but I'd put the money elsewhere).
Old 12-28-2011, 10:18 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Gameloft id is tajjy, feel free to add me so we can exchange some gifts!

25 mager and leveling a shaman to heal with on the side!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:38 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

Bah, I am a mix of both build I guess. Doesnt look good at this moment.
Struggling to get more damage out of my Shaman.

In terms of skill wise, here's what I have:-
Soul Crush - Upgraded 1 star
Constitution
Purification

So if thats the case, I would be looking for a better armour.

Pardon for the noob question:-
How do we know if its Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 3 for items/armours?
For Weapons I can understand, what about Armours?
Old 12-29-2011, 03:16 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
Eh warrior level 35 and I finally managed AT LEAST to SEE almost the whole Arena before being CRUSHED
I found very interesting those grates in the center...I already predict lots of nasty things will came out on later levels

BTW...is this mp update official? Where can I read about it, do you have any links?

Thanks!
I'm wiling to bet it's official. The Shaman has a lot of skills indicating that he is built to play as a group support class. I couldnt find anything official from GL but I'm sure it's there somewhere, just need to look harder.

Btw, I killed the first arena in Act 4. -Lv38 Shaman
Old 12-29-2011, 03:37 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

I have been playing this game for about a week, somewhat casually, and I have a level 36 warrior as of now. I have to say that the progression is extremely punishing, on so many levels, it feels that the game literally doesn't have it's math in check at all.

Having to buy everything is okay, if you would make enough gold to be able to buy skills and armor, but as it is, I've been probably about 10 levels without really buying anything at all. I'm wearing mostly tier 2 or 3 armor just to be able to afford the latest weapon, which is the only important thing to aid progression.

I have only bought a couple of skills. The fact that I'd have to spend real money to open up some of my skills is just plain wrong. Also, there seems to be little point in upgrading gear due to the excessive time it takes to complete. I have a tier 5 axe and it took 12 hours to upgrade. The only things worth upgrading are the passive skills, since I'm better off saving for the next weapon up the chain and eventually for higher tier armor.

I'd prefer if the game just auto-purchased potions between arenas and subtracted the gold from my winnings, since it's tedious to buy them every time.

Saying that, the levels have been fun and varied and I've slowly worked my way through each and every map obtaining the AAA rating and completing the associated quest. I'm about half-way through world 2 with that, but I will grind world 3 map 3 for money (thanks for the tip) so that I can get the level 40 passive and eventually the tier 7 axe at level 41 (although I'm guessing I won't have saved enough gold by that time).

Gameloft really needs to address some of the balance of this game in an update and they really need to make everything available without the need to insert real money into the game. It would cost dozens of euros to unlock everything that requires real money and I doubt many people are going to even consider doing this, given that a decent iOS game can cost, at most, 10EUR.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozetta View Post
The only things worth upgrading are the passive skills, since I'm better off saving for the next weapon up the chain and eventually for higher tier armor.
This is wrong . . . upgrade twice and your item (any) is the equivalent of the next tier at lower cost. Just do it at night before bed.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkin182 View Post

Pardon for the noob question:-
How do we know if its Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 3 for items/armours?
For Weapons I can understand, what about Armours?
Armors there is only 1 item in each tier for each category of armor (chest, head, gloves, legs). Still, the term works because all the armors of a particular tier (chest, head, gloves, feet) cost about the same and the next tier costs about double. Weapons there are obviously two choices in each tier.

I didnt mean to suggest that defense and offense were different builds for the shaman...you need both. That said, mid-way through Act III, I'm finding damage output to be the limiting factor. Shaman needs a better damage dealing skill.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:00 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
This is wrong . . . upgrade twice and your item (any) is the equivalent of the next tier at lower cost. Just do it at night before bed.
The thing is, with the money coming in so slowly compared to XP, on top of the crippling upgrade delay time, you might have unlocked two tiers higher items by the time you have spent almost the same in upgrades on older tiers.

I have been setting things to upgrade just before bed, but I really resent the fact that the only way to speed the thing up is to insert coins. There should be a gold equivalent for performing these speed-ups.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:01 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozetta View Post
I have only bought a couple of skills. The fact that I'd have to spend real money to open up some of my skills is just plain wrong. Also, there seems to be little point in upgrading gear due to the excessive time it takes to complete. I have a tier 5 axe and it took 12 hours to upgrade. The only things worth upgrading are the passive skills, since I'm better off saving for the next weapon up the chain and eventually for higher tier armor.

Gameloft really needs to address some of the balance of this game in an update and they really need to make everything available without the need to insert real money into the game. It would cost dozens of euros to unlock everything that requires real money and I doubt many people are going to even consider doing this, given that a decent iOS game can cost, at most, 10EUR.
You don't really get this whole freemium model, do you? Freemium games are not built upon the notion of you getting to unlock everything in the game for actual free in the time and effort frame you seem to be expecting by the tone of your post.

The chief nudge to open the wallet for most freemium designs is they give you a choice: wait or pay (and, of course there are always a few things you simply must pay if you want them). Most who play these games do so in a much more casual manner so the wait is never an issue, and if you approach a freemium game thinking you're supposed to get everything in the game, well, the game owners thank you very much