Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-03-2012, 05:12 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

This is the only Dungeon Hunter I have played yet - and I truly like the dual stick shooter arena gameplay - don't like the quirks of the free aspects of the game (have to wait for keys and to upgrade items). The graphics are great too.

In comparison to ths one, what are 1 and 2 like? Which one is better between 1 and 2? Do the first two have the same kind of fighing, upgrading system (without the waiting), any replayability of dungeons?
Old 03-03-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grizzly View Post
This is the only Dungeon Hunter I have played yet - and I truly like the dual stick shooter arena gameplay - don't like the quirks of the free aspects of the game (have to wait for keys and to upgrade items). The graphics are great too.

In comparison to ths one, what are 1 and 2 like? Which one is better between 1 and 2? Do the first two have the same kind of fighing, upgrading system (without the waiting), any replayability of dungeons?
the first 2 are nothing like the 3rd hence the uproar at the change of format for dh3. I preferred dh2 as the better of dh1 and dh2. they are story based and more like diablo with quests and weapons picked up as you go or brought off a trader, there are no upgrades, pay for items etc
Old 03-04-2012, 01:36 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default SaveData from iPad to iPhone

Is possible?

Thanks

Old 03-14-2012, 08:40 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

When is the update coming?
Old 03-14-2012, 09:23 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Knowing gameloft, either very late or never.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:20 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hu74es View Post
I've bought another iP4s and restored my backup from my previous iP4s. Everything, including apps, gamesaves etc. All apps work correctly EXCEPT for this bloody game.
The game at the start says something about my content being possibly gained from illegal sources (WTF??) and resets all data, leaving me with a character selection screen and losing all my progress I made on the previous iPhone.
So I have to start from scratch like I've never played it before. What the hell is this? I have it officially downloaded from the AppStore, don't have JB or anything.
I recognize there was an update to this game in the meantime, but did they really screw it up this bad?
Anyone else experienced this?
This just happened to me when upgrading to the New iPad last week. I contacted Gameloft support, and got this stellar customer service reply:
Quote:
Thank you for contacting Gameloft´s Customer Care Service.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

Allow us to explain what happened. This "illegal Copy" message appears only when:

• Restored your device due factory fix
• Replaced your device
• Have different iTunes accounts and iTunes sees the app was not purchased on that device - Unsure / to be confirmed.

As you mentioned, you have replaced your device and iTunes is detecting that the game wasn't downloaded on it.

However, the only solution in this case is to redownload the game from the App Store as there's no way to transfer the game data from one device to another at this time, unfortunately the game was not meant to support a backup.

Once again, we are sorry for this inconvenient.
In short - working as intended, thanks for your money, we don't care that you didn't get anything for it. Despite the fact that Dungeon Hunter 3 has file sharing enabled in iTunes, despite the fact that 60 some other apps on my iPad didn't self delete data, only Gameloft titles.

Bad form of Gameloft. They just lost another customer.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:46 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyindar View Post
This just happened to me when upgrading to the New iPad last week. I contacted Gameloft support, and got this stellar customer service reply:

In short - working as intended, thanks for your money, we don't care that you didn't get anything for it. Despite the fact that Dungeon Hunter 3 has file sharing enabled in iTunes, despite the fact that 60 some other apps on my iPad didn't self delete data, only Gameloft titles.

Bad form of Gameloft. They just lost another customer.
This move on their part has become the proverbial straw.

I remember when the game launched and so many (me included) were having problems with the keys regenerating and we were trying everything to get things working including backing up the save game and doing clean installs, etc..

At the time, this was at least possible and I and others remarked that it was interesting that with the design you could always have a save game with $5 or $10 worth of IAP that you could go back to instead of buying more gems if you wanted to start another character...

Instead of doing what they should have done to fix the potential abuse of the loophole while protecting the consumer's interest: made our DH3 games back up server side on Gameloft's servers, they opted for this draconian kludge. As best I can tell, even doing something like an iOS upgrade from 4.X to 5.X would lose you your game because that involves a complete wipe and then restore from your computer's back up.

I've already deleted every other GL title from my device except this one, and if I don't find myself going back to it for much longer, IAP purchased or not, just going to call it a lesson learned and delete it as well.

Even Zynga can manage to provide server side data storage that works, yet Gameloft can only figure out how to maximize their profits by doing the absolute minimum possible.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:49 AM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 04-12-2012, 07:32 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Multiplayer Update is online!

Add me: amusingGrace
Old 04-12-2012, 09:20 AM

What's New in Version 1.1.1:

Quote:
The wait is over!
Your favorite game has reached a new level! Check out the multiplayer update for Dungeon Hunter 3.

Be ready to fight evil along with your friends in the cooperative mode.
If you want to know who’s the greatest hero, confront players from all over the world in the epic deathmatch mode.

Hero, it’s time for you to meet other heroes!

New content

• Co-op multiplayer
• PvP multiplayer

Bug fixes & adjustments

• Key regeneration fixed
• New leaderboard optimizations
• Recap screen added showing the completion of secondary objectives
• Minor bug fixes