★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: FireBlink
  • Genre: Card
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 65.8 MB
  • Version: 1.2.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Two Towers is a consummate, perfect card game full of fantastic hand-made draw in pencil cards and excellent music. It creates a thrilling atmosphere that will capture your attention for hours.

This game is a real challenge to your logical thought, although Two Towers is rather easy to understand and to play.

You can play alone, with your friends or any other person from all over the world. Two Towers demands from you patience, persistence and a strategy to win.

If you are ready to fight and become a real hero - play Two Towers and show everybody what kind of Warrior you are!

Features:
Addictive gameplay;
114 hand-made draw in pencil game cards;
28 spells;
Strong AI;
Multiplayer game.

fireblink's comments:
Two Towers is now on App Store!

Two towers is a consummate, perfect card game full of fantastic hand-made draw in pencil cards and excellent music. It creates a thrilling atmosphere that will capture your attention for hours.

This game is a real challenge to your logical thought, although Two Towers is rather easy to understand and to play.

You can fight for your castle alone or you can invite any person from all over the world you will fight with. Two Towers demands from you patience, persistence and a strategy to win.

If you are ready to fight and become a real hero - play Two Towers and show everybody what kind of Warrior you are!

Features:
Addictive gameplay;
102 hand-made draw in pencil game cards;
Strong AI;
Multiplayer game.

Gameplay:
Players have their own cards, towers, walls and resources. Each game card belongs to a certain type of resources.
Wall will protect your tower from the quick destruction. Use your cards to build your tower, damage opponent's one or collect the resources to win.
Your opponent will do his/her best to be on your way.

Game Video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Screenshots:

What people say?

Very Good - Sehr gut ! - ★★★★★
by Lagato - Version 1.0 - Dec 17, 2011

Es ist ein wirklich gutes und spannendes Karten/Battle Spiel mit guter AI. Wirklich empfehlenswert. Very Good Card Game with Good AI. This makes Fun !

Links:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/intent/user?scree...wo_towers_game
Official Website: http://www.fireblink.com/fireapps/twotowers

App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/two-towers/id461456191
12-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Has anybody played this yet? From the information available, it looks nice, but I know nothing about the game. With so many other new games and sales, it's kind of hard to jump into this one blindly. Opinions?

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic

12-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Has anybody played this yet? From the information available, it looks nice, but I know nothing about the game. With so many other new games and sales, it's kind of hard to jump into this one blindly. Opinions?
My opinion is I agree with your opinion.

Looks promising but: unknown game, unknown developer, no lite version, and just out of the "impulse buy" price range.
12-20-2011, 11:34 AM
This game looks really gooooooooood...

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
12-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Well, I ended up getting a promo code for the game, so I feel obligated to post my opinion here. For games like this, I normally wouldn't post anything, but I'm hoping the feedback (good or bad) will help the dev to improve his game.

Overall, I would sum up the game with one word...meh. There's nothing extraordinary about the gameplay. It's sort of a cross between Dominion, Ascension and maybe games like Castle Conflict, where you have two opposing castles and you use resources to systematically tear down the opponent while defending your own castle. I somehow seem to have made it sound a bit more exciting than it really is in my brief description here.

In short, it's a card based resource management game. There are three types of resources that renew after each turn. You use your cards to determine whether you want to fortify your castle/walls, improve your resource gathering, attack the opposing castle, or maybe mess with the resources of your opponent. There seem to be a good number of cards, and they do look nice. I like the presentation on the cards. The background and castle animation leave a lot to be desired, though. There are a few typos on the cards and some of the phrasing in the tutorial doesn't make much sense, but those things are easy to change.

It's got a standard formula. Hand of 6 cards. Play card (or discard if you don't have enough resources). Draw card. Turn ends. Get resources. Rinse. Repeat. There's very little interaction between you and the game. Slide up to play or down to discard. After each of your turns, the computer makes their move. In the end, I basically just put out any card that I could afford, hoping it was a better card than the opponent. It really became a sort of luck of the draw rather than a strategical game. When I lost, I didn't care...which is a bad thing in a game like this. I wanted to have that "one more game" feel, but never really got it. There may be more strategy to it, but I didn't spend enough time figuring it out. Sort of like Ascension...I really don't get the strategy in that game and end up playing any card I can afford. I don't win a lot.

I played a dozen or so games over 30 minutes and managed to win about half of them to unlock a few of the castles. I don't know what happens after you defeat the AI opponent at each of the available castle locations. I suppose you can rematch if you want.

There appear to be 8 different castle AI opponents to defeat. You win by reaching a certain height with your tower, destroying the opponent's tower, or accumulating enough resources. There is also multiplayer, but couldn't find a match to figure out if it was simultaneous or asynchronous. In multiplayer, you can select any of the castles that you have defeated, each with slightly varied goals.

I feel bad because I don't feel like I've got a lot of positive things to say, but wanted to give my feedback for the code I received. I can't really recommend the game at this price. Maybe at $0.99 with a few gameplay tweaks. Larger hands. More moves per turn. It needs something to set itself apart from all of the great card based resource management games out there, something it just doesn't have at the moment. Sorry to be so negative. I hope you're able to tweak the game to add that little something that is missing.

12-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks CzarCastic for your review. You definitely need to play more. There are 3 variants to win in this game. And it seems that you've played each game without trying to catch the idea. Try to think more on your turns.

Last edited by fireblink; 12-20-2011 at 03:30 PM. Reason: typo
12-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblink View Post
Thanks CzarCastic for your review. You definitely need to play more. There are 3 variants to win in this game. And it seams that you've played each game without trying to catch the idea. Try to think more on your turns.
I'll definitely give it some more time. It's not a horrible game, but it feels like I've played it before.

12-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Looks promising but: unknown game, unknown developer, no lite version, and just out of the "impulse buy" price range.
Agreed. Game looks cool though.
12-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Sorry fireblink, CzarCastic is right

The game does look great. Enough so that in a moment of desperate boredom I popped for full price. To make matters worse, as soon as I started playing I realized I already own an almost identical game: TowerLand http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/towerland/id320206926?mt=8&ls=1

TowerLand is definitely not as pretty as Two Towers, but it's essentially the same game. Come to think of it, there's an added strategic element in TowerLand, where discarding is how you recoup resources. This makes the choice of which cards to burn, to fuel the cards you keep, an important decision.

I jammed through all the castles in Two Towers in about an hour or so of play. And yeah, it's really just a matter of playing the best of what the deck coughs up at the moment. I do think fireblink did a nice job balancing the deck, and the presentation is pleasing. If you add a few more wrinkles to deepen the game, and drop the price a bit, I could recommend Two Towers.

Last edited by Oscar Streaker; 12-20-2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Typo/poorly worded
12-21-2011, 04:48 AM
Thanks for all replies.

Thanks for all your replies and remarks!
In the next release we will try to fix all that crappy things youve mentioned.

We also what to share with you some tips that can help you to play and to win in Two Towers:

1. If you dont have enough resources to play your cards - try to skip those cards that cannot help you right now.
2. Try to make your buildings that produce resources at least to be 3.
3. Try to play "play again" cards as often as you get them.
4. Don't play the most expensive cards too often as your resources may quickly become empty.
5. Change your tactics depending on the game situation - try to build your tower if it's already high enough, try to destroy enemy's one when its almost destroyed, try to collect resources and build your wall to win by resources.

Enjoy the Game!