★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ODT S.A.
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 88.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: *** WITHT THE RELEASE OF iOS 8.4 WE FOUND THAT THE GAME CRASHES WHEN YOU OPEN IT. ***
*** WE ARE WORKING TO FIX THIS ASAP! ***

The Abduction of Bacon at Dawn, the Chronicles of a Brave Rooster is an action and humor-packed platform shooting game for iOS.

STORY
The Earth is being invaded by hungry aliens that are abducting our pigs
But, why pigs?! Soon after the invasion began, the scientific community made a shocking discovery: eating bacon is vital to our health and should be consumed in large quantities. Thats why the aliens are here!
Will we run out of pigs? Can we survive without bacon?? Is this the end of human race???
Among all this mayhem, a unique hero emerges the only one that can fight, or at least see, the aliens at dawn! Its name is Brave Rooster!

KEY FEATURES
- Fight armies of evil aliens, robots, and UFOs in challenging humor-packed levels!
- Jump, shoot and stomp your way to the final boss!
- Get ridiculously-awesome weapons and armour upgrades as you advance.
- Save the pigs and ensure that our bacon stays on Earth!
- Follow an epic adventure, full of hilarious inventions by some of the greatest minds on Earth...
- Replay past levels with your new weapons to complete all the challenges.
- Game Center integration: Compete to become the top rooster in the world in each level.
- Metal support for best graphics performance.
06-25-2015, 10:48 AM
Has anybody heard of this one?
I may pick it up. It looks like a pretty decent side scroller/shooter

Last edited by NOEN; 06-25-2015 at 10:51 AM.

06-25-2015, 11:23 AM
I picked it up. It's very, very good. I mean, it won't be winning any awards for originality (gameplay-related), but the production values are beyond belief, the controls are pretty much spot-on, it looks great, plays super smooth on an iPhone 6 and the gameplay's constantly evolving in a way that guarantees replayability of previous levels. It's astounding to think this isn't done by a major company.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
06-25-2015, 11:52 AM
There's a good video review of the game here:
06-25-2015, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I picked it up. It's very, very good. I mean, it won't be winning any awards for originality (gameplay-related), but the production values are beyond belief, the controls are pretty much spot-on, it looks great, plays super smooth on an iPhone 6 and the gameplay's constantly evolving in a way that guarantees replayability of previous levels. It's astounding to think this isn't done by a major company.
Damn Casket, was hoping to save some money, lol
06-25-2015, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Cool. I ended up picking it up, but hadn't played it yet. At least I know I didn't waste my money.
06-25-2015, 02:40 PM
Hello there, for those of you that want to learn more about Brave Rooster, you can visit the before-launch thread at the Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games forum here:
"The Abduction of Bacon at Dawn, the Chronicles of a Brave Rooster" by Batovi Games
For new updates, stay tunned on this thread!

06-25-2015, 04:03 PM
"The scientific community made a shocking discovery: eating bacon is vital to our health and should be consumed in large quantities."

So is this a world in which vegetarians, children who can't eat solid food yet and everyone who follows a religion that outlaws eating pigs die for lack of bacon?

Simpsons Tapped Out: supersmashandy
06-25-2015, 04:32 PM
Agree w everything metal said. Game is very well polished. Worth every penny. Would buy just to support dev to see them continue to make great games like this.
06-25-2015, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andysmash View Post
So is this a world in which vegetarians, children who can't eat solid food yet and everyone who follows a religion that outlaws eating pigs die for lack of bacon?

Indeed! People who follow a religion will die for lack of bacon. Only the people who practice sports will survive !! Vegetarians suck anyway, they are fake. They should be vegans.