App description: CYBERTIME presents the world's first Beat 'em up 3D Platformer. Check out the trailer: www.crazyhedgy.com

Take yourself on a wild journey and experience the world of Crazy Hedgy! Use your bubble gum to cross yawning abysses, solve riddles, find buried treasures, collect diamonds and learn fantastic new abilitiesbut dont let the Spankos get you down!

RECOGNITION & PRESS COMMENTARIES

"well-designed levels, beautiful graphics, and tons of replay value...Crazy Hedgys features are endless" - apptudes.com

"Crazy Hedgy is console quality, but uses iOS features to maximum advantage making for a distinct gaming experience" - 148apps.com

"Just when you think you have the measure of the proceedings, it lobs in a fresh surprise your eyebrows will be raised as you experience one quirky feature after another." - Gizmodo

"Defeating enemies is completely satisfying and the games humour can be seen when two enemies bump into each other" - app-score.com

"You are not going to want to put it down once you have started." - appasnap.com

"The new Super Mario from Austria" - derstandard.at

"Super Mario was yesterday - here comes the platform hero of the new century" - bzberlin

"Crazy Hedgy is a must buy for fans of 3D platformers, action games, or fans of console quality experiences on the iOS devices." - examiner.com

"with Crazy Hedgy we present you the new king of the genre on the App Store." ireviewt.com

AWARDS
Best Game of the Year - Content Award
Gaming App of the day - Gizmodo
Mobile Game of the Week - Paste Magazine
TOUCH ARCADE GAME OF THE WEEK - toucharcade.com
Game for the weekend - Gigaom.com
App of the Week Award - fun2tap
MAX SCORE 10/10 - app-score.com
Seal Of Approval 5/5 - iphonegameruk
Editor's Choice Award - 148apps.com
Editor's Choice Award - apptudes.com
Must-Have-Award - ireviewt.com
Must-Have-Award - iplayapps.de
Silver Award - pocketgamer.co.uk
3/4 - slidetoplay
80/100 - 4players.de
featured by Apple in "new and noteworthy" worldwide
featured on the App Store "Best Platformers"

INTUITIVE CONTROL SYSTEM
Jumping, capturing, bashing, direction-controlled punching and shooting and all with a simple swipe of your finger!

HIGHLIGHTS
- level of detail engine - from iPhone 4 to iPhone 6 and full retina display support with special vfx
- more than 10 hours of action-packed fun in 35+ levels
- dynamic 3D world
- action-filled punch-ups against fun characters
- complex enemy AI, with a strong dash of humor
- boss fights
- real physics
- lots integrated in game specials (response-, dexterity- , speed up- and tilt passages)
- solve 38 achievements
- facebook friends highscore table to compete and play with friends

UPGRADE SYSTEM
- learn the latest assault techniques, like Grab Attack, Slide Attack, Upper Cut and Power Slam
- magnets help you collect more diamonds
- get new features through various helmet upgrades
- turn your bubble gum into ballistics
- a variety of fighting gloves put power in your punch
- many other cool items

iOS FEATURES
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad mini, air and 4th gen optimized graphic engine
- iOS 8 optimizations
- retina display support
- iCloud support
- Game Center highscore table
- Game Center achievements

arta's comments:

12-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
You need to get better at the tilt controls. It's a skill, just like using a controller (which I still kind of suck at). You can't expect to pick them up and master them instantly. Trust me -- I can navigate the platforms without a hint of awkwardness, climb any rock, squeak by oil spots, etc. You say that the tilt controls work "as well as tilt controls can." Well, the tilt controls in this game can work a heck of a lot better than how they currently work for you.

Playing with a joystick would take away from the simplicity of the control scheme, where the entire left side is mapped to jumping and the entire right side to combat. I guess it would make some folks more comfortable, but they would kind of playing a different game.
I agree with you 100% here except that I think the controls are reversed (left for jumping, right for combat).

I must say that this game wouldn't nearly be as fun though if it were not for these controls. Any other control method would just make the game feel bland and not designed for iOS. (Like Infinity Blade with buttons only instead of swiping)

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo
12-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I really, really hope that it catches the attention of TA and iOS gamers in general.
Well it made it to the front page, okay—sort of:

There are some remarks about Crazy Hedgy in the comments by…
…nobody less than Dr. Arnold Kim! (Founder and owner of MacRumors, touchArcade and AppShopper. Congratulations for the touchArcade App btw. Can't await it.)

AND! Don't forget to VOTE for Crazy Hedgy in the tAGOTW contest! Don't let a freemium game win.

PLEASE go voting right now! (There are only a few hours left.)

Especially because stupid me voted erratically for the wrong game. I just clicked the wrong dot and can't undo it. Help me to correct my fault and vote for CH.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 12-28-2011 at 10:42 AM.

12-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Just finished the game, you guys are going to love the ending.

Now to collect the remaining gold coins

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo
12-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVaro View Post
Just finished the game, you guys are going to love the ending.

Now to collect the remaining gold coins
Glad to hear that...

BTW: an update just hit in the US. Apparently they've improved trampoline jumping (didn't realize there was a problem) and the zipline sections, as well as enhancing the tutorials and level tweaks. How they got that through with the App Store closed I have no idea .
12-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Wow!

Hi Everybody!

It is so awesome to hear that you like our game! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
The update which were released today was mostly originated through this thread and app store reviews.
App store reopend today and within about five hours our update were published.

Next minor update will be coming next week and we are just start working on the next big update and want to include your feedback. So please give us your thoughts!

The game level menu/map will be completely new and much attractive. Also we wanna include some bonus levels and of course the fourth world!
Last but not least, we want to develop the most beautiful game avaiable on the app store. As habakuk said, the graphics are now optimised for running smooth on 3gs. For 4 and 4s/iPad2 we have a couple of ideas which will make the game definitely THE graphical benchmark on iOS!

Please rate us on app store for beeing more popular!
If we'll be toucharcade's game of the week, we gonna be very, very proud an get an afterburner in developing next update! Thank you so much for your support!

Catch you later!
Greets
Raffael
12-28-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm always grateful towards a dev who brings a polished and refreshingly different experience, especially when he's new to iOS, which you seem to be.

Hope your revenues are up to your expectations. You certainly deserve it.
12-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertime View Post
Hi Everybody!

The update which were released today was mostly originated through this thread and app store reviews.

Next minor update will be coming next week and we are just start working on the next big update and want to include your feedback. So please give us your thoughts!

The game level menu/map will be completely new and much attractive. Also we wanna include some bonus levels and of course the fourth world!
Last but not least, we want to develop the most beautiful game avaiable on the app store. As habakuk said, the graphics are now optimised for running smooth on 3gs. For 4 and 4s/iPad2 we have a couple of ideas which will make the game definitely THE graphical benchmark on iOS!

If we'll be toucharcade's game of the week, we gonna be very, very proud an get an afterburner in developing next update! Thank you so much for your support!

Catch you later!
Greets
Raffael
Welcome to TA! You should be very proud of Crazy Hedgy. The game is easily one of the best of the year, and without a doubt the biggest iOS surprise I can think of. Glad to head that you plan to push the game even further.
12-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertime View Post
Hi Everybody!

Catch you later!
Greets
Raffael
Welcome to TouhArcade! Most of us here really love your game and we hope to see more games of this quality in the future!

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19
12-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks dev! Your game is awesome, and the controls are insanely great. Hope to see much more from you in the future.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
12-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Welcome to tA, Cybertime CEO Raffael!

Seems if Crazy Hedgy won the tA Game of the Week Contest! Let's wait for the official announcement but I dare to say: CONGRATULATIONS!

Well-deserved! And the tA members prove their good taste.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)