Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-28-2011, 09:21 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
You need to get better at the tilt controls. It's a skill, just like using a controller (which I still kind of suck at). You can't expect to pick them up and master them instantly. Trust me -- I can navigate the platforms without a hint of awkwardness, climb any rock, squeak by oil spots, etc. You say that the tilt controls work "as well as tilt controls can." Well, the tilt controls in this game can work a heck of a lot better than how they currently work for you.

Playing with a joystick would take away from the simplicity of the control scheme, where the entire left side is mapped to jumping and the entire right side to combat. I guess it would make some folks more comfortable, but they would kind of playing a different game.
I agree with you 100% here except that I think the controls are reversed (left for jumping, right for combat).

I must say that this game wouldn't nearly be as fun though if it were not for these controls. Any other control method would just make the game feel bland and not designed for iOS. (Like Infinity Blade with buttons only instead of swiping)
Old 12-28-2011, 10:21 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I really, really hope that it catches the attention of TA and iOS gamers in general.
Well it made it to the front page, okay—sort of:

There are some remarks about Crazy Hedgy in the comments by…
…nobody less than Dr. Arnold Kim! (Founder and owner of MacRumors, touchArcade and AppShopper. Congratulations for the touchArcade App btw. Can't await it.)

AND! Don't forget to VOTE for Crazy Hedgy in the tAGOTW contest! Don't let a freemium game win.

PLEASE go voting right now! (There are only a few hours left.)

Especially because stupid me voted erratically for the wrong game. I just clicked the wrong dot and can't undo it. Help me to correct my fault and vote for CH.

Last edited by Habakuk; 12-28-2011 at 10:42 AM..
Old 12-28-2011, 12:02 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro

Just finished the game, you guys are going to love the ending.

Now to collect the remaining gold coins
Old 12-28-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVaro View Post
Just finished the game, you guys are going to love the ending.

Now to collect the remaining gold coins
Glad to hear that...

BTW: an update just hit in the US. Apparently they've improved trampoline jumping (didn't realize there was a problem) and the zipline sections, as well as enhancing the tutorials and level tweaks. How they got that through with the App Store closed I have no idea .
Old 12-28-2011, 05:48 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Wow!

Hi Everybody!

It is so awesome to hear that you like our game! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
The update which were released today was mostly originated through this thread and app store reviews.
App store reopend today and within about five hours our update were published.

Next minor update will be coming next week and we are just start working on the next big update and want to include your feedback. So please give us your thoughts!

The game level menu/map will be completely new and much attractive. Also we wanna include some bonus levels and of course the fourth world!
Last but not least, we want to develop the most beautiful game avaiable on the app store. As habakuk said, the graphics are now optimised for running smooth on 3gs. For 4 and 4s/iPad2 we have a couple of ideas which will make the game definitely THE graphical benchmark on iOS!

Please rate us on app store for beeing more popular!
If we'll be toucharcade's game of the week, we gonna be very, very proud an get an afterburner in developing next update! Thank you so much for your support!

Catch you later!
Greets
Raffael
Old 12-28-2011, 06:09 PM
iPad

I'm always grateful towards a dev who brings a polished and refreshingly different experience, especially when he's new to iOS, which you seem to be.

Hope your revenues are up to your expectations. You certainly deserve it.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertime View Post
Hi Everybody!

The update which were released today was mostly originated through this thread and app store reviews.

Next minor update will be coming next week and we are just start working on the next big update and want to include your feedback. So please give us your thoughts!

The game level menu/map will be completely new and much attractive. Also we wanna include some bonus levels and of course the fourth world!
Last but not least, we want to develop the most beautiful game avaiable on the app store. As habakuk said, the graphics are now optimised for running smooth on 3gs. For 4 and 4s/iPad2 we have a couple of ideas which will make the game definitely THE graphical benchmark on iOS!

If we'll be toucharcade's game of the week, we gonna be very, very proud an get an afterburner in developing next update! Thank you so much for your support!

Catch you later!
Greets
Raffael
Welcome to TA! You should be very proud of Crazy Hedgy. The game is easily one of the best of the year, and without a doubt the biggest iOS surprise I can think of. Glad to head that you plan to push the game even further.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:37 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertime View Post
Hi Everybody!

Catch you later!
Greets
Raffael
Welcome to TouhArcade! Most of us here really love your game and we hope to see more games of this quality in the future!
Old 12-28-2011, 07:55 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Thanks dev! Your game is awesome, and the controls are insanely great. Hope to see much more from you in the future.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:56 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Welcome to tA, Cybertime CEO Raffael!

Seems if Crazy Hedgy won the tA Game of the Week Contest! Let's wait for the official announcement but I dare to say: CONGRATULATIONS!

Well-deserved! And the tA members prove their good taste.