★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
This gives me the jAggy Race creeeps... Bought
I like Jaggy Racer. This is a lot better. Quite easily the best 3D platformer on iOS.
12-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Definately the sleeper game of the month. Excellent controls and polish on every part of this game. I agree with GoofyJ that this game badly needs Game Center achievements. Leaderboards are ok, but achievements in a game like this ought to be standard. Surely they will be added in soon, making an already great game just a smidge more fun...

Highly recommended for any platformer fan...

Game Center ID: Snooptalian

12-20-2011, 04:09 PM
It never gets old to push enemies into the spinning spikes . And if you bump them against each other, they will even start fighting among themselves -- Super Mario Land 3D doesn't have that!
12-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
It never gets old to push enemies into the spinning spikes . And if you bump them against each other, they will even start fighting among themselves -- Super Mario Land 3D doesn't have that!
Sh*t, now I'm getting Nintendo flashbacks (actually surprised I wasn't getting them sooner).

What a release week! We definitely have GOTY changers. All 3 platformers released this week could easily be on my GOTY list.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
12-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Really enjoying this game so far, tilt controls the way they should be, and a lovely sense of fun.

Buy it.

Developer of Explodables.
12-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
nice, thank you all for the great impressions! Can't wait to get into this one! =oD

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Bring Me Sandwiches, Phoenix HD, .Decluster Zero, Goblin Sword
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid (please say you're from TA)
12-20-2011, 07:26 PM
This game looks exceptional, like one of those games that could well be one of the best iOS games out there. Couple questions before I drop the ball and buy it: is there really 10 hours of gameplay? Are the levels that big and good? And is the game that fun?

I don't want a signature.
12-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue016 View Post
This game looks exceptional, like one of those games that could well be one of the best iOS games out there. Couple questions before I drop the ball and buy it: is there really 10 hours of gameplay? Are the levels that big and good? And is the game that fun?
The levels are fairly long and have side areas, etc. Don't know yet wether the 10 hr statement is true (it may include some replay to find the three coins per level). The game is big, though.

As to fun, that's always subjective. Personally I think it's a blast, especially if you love the little details.
12-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Dang, I don't like platformers but this one looks like one in the exception department..tempting...and out of $$$...

It gets HDMI-support is another *must*!

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
12-20-2011, 09:19 PM
What the heck?

Where does this little gem come from? No upcoming thread, no hype, they just dropped this one on top of us. The production values are so stupidly awesome, I think I'm just gonna buy this one on the spot.

Damn.

Edit: In general, I must say I am satisfied. Tilt controls are tight, thankfully, and your little guy rotates fairly quickly.

Last edited by Ghouls'R'us; 12-21-2011 at 12:54 AM.