★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Flight Unlimited 2 - Announcement

12-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Flight Unlimited 2 - Announcement

Flight Unlimited just released last month but we're already designing and planning Flight Unlimited Las Vegas. For those of you who have purchased the original game, don't worry as we're working hard on substantial updates.

Here are the first details for Flight Unlimited Las Vegas. The game is tentatively scheduled for Q2 2012.

Features:

- Explore Las Vegas like never before. Flight Unlimited Vegas will include a fully modeled accurate representation of the city. Fly down the crazy city streets, soar past the Luxor, and land on city streets.

- Flight Unlimited Vegas will release with 4 unique, ultra realistic aircraft ranging from your casual prop planes to jet aircraft.

- Realistic Flight Model. I'm happy to announce that the new, realistic flight model will also appear in the original Flight Unlimited as an update within the next 3-4 weeks.

- Improved graphics and scenery

- Campaign - That's right, a flight simulator with a campaign.

More details to come in the coming months.

Last edited by flightunlimited; 02-14-2012 at 04:09 PM.
12-20-2011, 02:24 PM
I enlist for beta

So will this be a 'superior' alternative for Flight Unlimited or just an alternative offering a real world city with structured missions?

12-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
I enlist for beta

So will this be a 'superior' alternative for Flight Unlimited or just an alternative offering a real world city with structured missions?
What do you mean by a 'superior" alternative for Flight Unlimited? We are going to continue to provide updates free of charge...and the updates will be substantial improvements both to the flight model and the content.
12-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Will there be beta testing? If so sign me up. I hope an idevice with a6 is released before this comes out.

Currently Playing: Shadowgun, GTA3 Anniversary, Dead Space, FIFA 12, Dungeon Hunter 3
Waiting on: Battlefield 3 Aftershock, Real Racing 3, Mass Effect 3. NOVA 3
Beta Tested: Stir Fry, Lightopus
01-06-2012, 01:23 AM
Here's a sneak peak at one of the new cities that will be in Flight Unlimited 2. Can you guess what it is from the picture?

01-06-2012, 01:38 AM
Las Vegas, whoop whoop. Now to receive my prize of a free flight unlimited promo code
01-06-2012, 01:38 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to reec0X Send a message via Skype™ to reec0X
carefully design! a great 3D city!

GameCenter: reec0X
Devices: iPhone 6+ / iPad Air WiFi
Beta Game Tested: Click HERE
Member of THE BETA TESTER ALLIANCE group
01-06-2012, 02:40 AM
I'm hesitantly excited for this game after seeing your models of San Francisco and Las Vegas. I have the original Flight Unlimited and, while it was visually impressive, it felt like something was missing from the game. I'm able to enjoy flight simulators for about 15 to 30 minutes unless there's something to keep my attention besides randomly flying in circles. For example, I used to spend hours playing Microsoft Flight Simulator because I could fly wherever I wanted, regardless of whether I was trying to land a Concorde at the tiny airfield down the street from me or fly it from New York to London. That sort of flexibility has been missing from iOS flight simulators (I understand why, of course).

I like the idea of campaign missions. If done well, a campaign mode and the ability to fly in actual cities (as opposed to a generic city in the original) would make a huge difference in the game.
01-06-2012, 04:21 AM
Why streets on screenshot are so.... unstraight? This look awesome. I want be иeta tester too, my ipad2 is waiting for cool games. Oh, and may be one more sreenshot?

Last edited by iNIKEL; 01-06-2012 at 05:14 AM.
01-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platyrrhine View Post
I'm hesitantly excited for this game after seeing your models of San Francisco and Las Vegas. I have the original Flight Unlimited and, while it was visually impressive, it felt like something was missing from the game. I'm able to enjoy flight simulators for about 15 to 30 minutes unless there's something to keep my attention besides randomly flying in circles. For example, I used to spend hours playing Microsoft Flight Simulator because I could fly wherever I wanted, regardless of whether I was trying to land a Concorde at the tiny airfield down the street from me or fly it from New York to London. That sort of flexibility has been missing from iOS flight simulators (I understand why, of course).

I like the idea of campaign missions. If done well, a campaign mode and the ability to fly in actual cities (as opposed to a generic city in the original) would make a huge difference in the game.
Thank you for your comments. We agree with you.

Last edited by flightunlimited; 02-14-2012 at 04:09 PM.