★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Possible real racing 3 from EA?

12-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Possible real racing 3 from EA?

This weekend EAmobile announced that Need For Speed: The Run for iOS has been cancelled, EA states that they want to focus on a much bigger racing experience for iOS and that further details about their upcoming racing game will surface in the next months. Could this be a real racing 3? sequel to real racing 2 by firement(obviously). This year EA aquired Firemint, and based off the trailer for NFS:the run, it seemed that firemint was involved in the project(physics and graphics wise). I must say that if EA and Firemint work on this project together we could see a remarkable game, wether it be a racing sim or arcade racer. EA's known visual customization and performance upgrades seen in nfs shift, along with Firemint's beautiful graphics,well done physics, and properly modeled cars seen in real racing 2 is exactly what the iOS racing community needs.

Currently Playing: Shadowgun, GTA3 Anniversary, Dead Space, FIFA 12, Dungeon Hunter 3
Waiting on: Battlefield 3 Aftershock, Real Racing 3, Mass Effect 3. NOVA 3
Beta Tested: Stir Fry, Lightopus
12-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance211 View Post
This weekend EAmobile announced that Need For Speed: The Run for iOS has been cancelled, EA states that they want to focus on a much bigger racing experience for iOS and that further details about their upcoming racing game will surface in the next months. Could this be a real racing 3? sequel to real racing 2 by firement(obviously). This year EA aquired Firemint, and based off the trailer for NFS:the run, it seemed that firemint was involved in the project(physics and graphics wise). I must say that if EA and Firemint work on this project together we could see a remarkable game, wether it be a racing sim or arcade racer. EA's known visual customization and performance upgrades seen in nfs shift, along with Firemint's beautiful graphics,well done physics, and properly modeled cars seen in real racing 2 is exactly what the iOS racing community needs.
No. It's not. They said it was party of the 'Need for Speed' series. That said it could be by Firemint / a Real Racing 3 might be possible, but it's not the one your talking about.

I don't want a signature.

12-20-2011, 04:22 PM
I would also put money on if/when Real Racing 3 is released, it will be freemium...

Favorite developers: Grumpyface, Michael Brough, Rocketcat, Donut Games, Nitrome, Orange Pixel, Radiangames, Llamasoft (come back!)
12-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
I would also put money on if/when Real Racing 3 is released, it will be freemium...
Why? This is EA, not Gameloft. Note that it'll probly have some iAPs (wouldn't be surprised), but I doubt if it gets released it'll be freemium. EA at least isn't releasing new quality games as freemium, they make separate series' for those. EA>Gameloft in that aspect.

I don't want a signature.
12-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
I would encourage everyone then to stop purchase anything from them.
When the whole world does this...
12-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue016 View Post
Why? This is EA, not Gameloft. Note that it'll probly have some iAPs (wouldn't be surprised), but I doubt if it gets released it'll be freemium. EA at least isn't releasing new quality games as freemium, they make separate series' for those. EA>Gameloft in that aspect.
I suppose that's right. It probably won't be freemium but I'm sure it'll be loaded with IAPs. I just hope they won't be detrimental to actual gameplay. EA is better than Gameloft nowadays but they're not completely off my s***list:

*New 'Tetris' pricing model(s)
*Pulling original games when sequels (or REreleases) are released to encourage purchases

Favorite developers: Grumpyface, Michael Brough, Rocketcat, Donut Games, Nitrome, Orange Pixel, Radiangames, Llamasoft (come back!)
12-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue016 View Post
No. It's not. They said it was party of the 'Need for Speed' series. That said it could be by Firemint / a Real Racing 3 might be possible, but it's not the one your talking about.
What about a need for speed thats equivalant to real racing.

Currently Playing: Shadowgun, GTA3 Anniversary, Dead Space, FIFA 12, Dungeon Hunter 3
Waiting on: Battlefield 3 Aftershock, Real Racing 3, Mass Effect 3. NOVA 3
Beta Tested: Stir Fry, Lightopus
12-20-2011, 05:44 PM
taking a seat in this thread for more information!

I doubt that the game will be a freemium but it'll probably cost around 6 bucks.

Regardless the game will be EPIC!

GCID: Allanon!
Fav's: Clash of Clans, DragonVale, Bastion, Score!, The Walking Dead, Puzzle RPGs
Beta Tested: Flashout 3D
Attention Dev's: Game Center Achievements are very necessary!
12-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Quote:
I suppose that's right. It probably won't be freemium but I'm sure it'll be loaded with IAPs. I just hope they won't be detrimental to actual gameplay. EA is better than Gameloft nowadays but they're not completely off my s***list:

*New 'Tetris' pricing model(s)
*Pulling original games when sequels (or REreleases) are released to encourage purchases
None of Firemint's IAPs are required in any of their games. They're totally optional and you won't lose anything if you don't purchase them. So I don't know what you're worried about.

Betas: Victory Day, Victory March, Zombwich, Mission Europa, Shadow Era, Slice It!, Baseball Superstars 2011, Queen's Crown, Aralon: Sword and Shadow, Zombie Runaway, Third Blade, Tower Defense: Lost Earth
12-20-2011, 07:04 PM
It's an EA title... if by some magic it turns out awesome it will somehow manage to sodomize you while you play.

EA has such a long and consistent track record of consumer-hostile practices even prior to their iOS tomfoolery that I won't patronize them ever again. It's a bummer, cause they have published some decent games since I swore them off in 2004, but I don't want to reward their behavior. Missing BioWare's games is the toughest sacrifice, but it's not like there aren't enough games to play without funding Peter Moore's next yacht. They will occasionally swear they are going to stop acting like jerks, but within six months they'll be at it again.

Real Racing 2 HD is $1 right now, too, BTW.