Universal Dangerous (a.k.a Null Space)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by violentv, Dec 20, 2011.

1. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010

Dangerous

"Dangerous is a Console-Quality iOS Game" -148apps.com

"2011 Achievement for Outstanding Origina…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

"2011 Achievement for Outstanding Original Soundtrack" -iFanzine.com

"Dangerous is a space simulation that has incredible depth." -iReviewT.com (scored A-)

"Dangerous is without a doubt (no, seriously) the most robust space adventure available on iOS" -148apps.com

"Dangerous is well worth the money..." -spacesimcentral.com (5 stars)

"For people who want a really engaging, in-depth experience... Very cool and very fun..." -TheDaily.com

"Another interesting feature was the "Romance" option" -unboundgamer.com

"An astounding level of depth takes Dangerous where few space sims have gone before ... offering factional allegiance and NPC partner systems that are sure to whet the genre fan’s appetite." -iFanzine.com

"The only "true" 4X on [mobile]?" -myandrogames.com

"This game is basically an Eve Online clone ... Galaxy on Fire 2 while a fun game is child's play compared to [Dangerous]" - va2k0r on TouchArcade forums

Dangerous is an epic 3D sandbox space combat RPG set in an open and living universe with an immersive and riveting story. You have been freed from cryo prison a century later, and must discover the truth. Are you the feared war criminal who will destroy all life or the savior of the universe? Gather your wingmen and travel the galaxy in search of answers. Along the way, you'll encounter a Universal AI, a shadow group pulling history's strings, a princess, a schizophrenic robot, a beautiful lieutenant of the Royal Navy, a fearsome mercenary, a suicidal slave, and a playboy fighter ace.

Dangerous is a game that is 3 years in the making! It features:

- 3D real-time sandbox game built with Unity game engine
    - metallic shader, lighting, particle effects, lens flare, explosions, fx
    - space combat RPG with extensive skill tree
    - open and living universe where 600+ ships fly around autonomously
    - epic story with dialogue system that allows real choices
    - recruit 6 wingmen and 2 can fly with you at a time
    - even discover romance with another wing pilot
    - recruit 5 corporate pilots who can fly trade routes on your behalf
    - trade, fight, mine, pirate, scan for derelict ships and wormholes
    - many mission types: epic, freelance, dynamic, wingman acquisition, faction loyalty
    - deep combat mechanics, AI, and faction standings
    - 20+ ships, 180+ modules, 33 solar systems with a unique follow-through-warp mechanic
    - 15+ factions to vie favor or destroy
    - cinematic camera shows you the action when it happens
    - fly manually with or without Newtonian physics or use autopilots exclusively
    - 22 track theatrical-quality award-winning soundtrack by renown composer, Sean Beeson
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Role Playing, Simulation, Adventure, Arcade
    Release:Dec 21, 2011
    Updated:Dec 19, 2013
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (7)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

I am surprised that no one has noticed that this was released. lol

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#2 Sanuku, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  3. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Holy sh*t, the EVE clone was released! I totally forgot about this. Awww, so many games good games being released this week.

**I wonder how many people are going to change their GOTY nominations. This is why I waited. ;)

Gonna have to pick this up soon, but I already made some other commitments to buying games. Going over my money as I type!

4. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    !!! :eek:
    Early Christmas present!?

Very ambitious 4X sim with good symphonic soundtrack :D

I've already decided to play the PC version instead so, I'll have to pass on this version :eek:

5. binaryhelix

binaryhelix Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    #5 binaryhelix, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    Dangerous - Epic 3D space combat RPG now available

Dangerous is now live in the app store!

Dangerous

"2011 Achievement for Outstanding Origina…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

"2011 Achievement for Outstanding Original Soundtrack" -iFanzine.com

"Dangerous is a space simulation that has incredible depth." -iReviewT.com (scored A-)

"Dangerous is without a doubt (no, seriously) the most robust space adventure available on iOS" -148apps.com

"Dangerous is well worth the money..." -spacesimcentral.com (5 stars)

"For people who want a really engaging, in-depth experience... Very cool and very fun..." -TheDaily.com

"Another interesting feature was the "Romance" option" -unboundgamer.com

"An astounding level of depth takes Dangerous where few space sims have gone before ... offering factional allegiance and NPC partner systems that are sure to whet the genre fan’s appetite." -iFanzine.com

"The only "true" 4X on [mobile]?" -myandrogames.com

"This game is basically an Eve Online clone ... Galaxy on Fire 2 while a fun game is child's play compared to [Dangerous]" - va2k0r on TouchArcade forums

Dangerous is an epic 3D sandbox space combat RPG set in an open and living universe with an immersive and riveting story. You have been freed from cryo prison a century later, and must discover the truth. Are you the feared war criminal who will destroy all life or the savior of the universe? Gather your wingmen and travel the galaxy in search of answers. Along the way, you'll encounter a Universal AI, a shadow group pulling history's strings, a princess, a schizophrenic robot, a beautiful lieutenant of the Royal Navy, a fearsome mercenary, a suicidal slave, and a playboy fighter ace.

Dangerous is a game that is 3 years in the making! It features:

- 3D real-time sandbox game built with Unity game engine
    - metallic shader, lighting, particle effects, lens flare, explosions, fx
    - space combat RPG with extensive skill tree
    - open and living universe where 600+ ships fly around autonomously
    - epic story with dialogue system that allows real choices
    - recruit 6 wingmen and 2 can fly with you at a time
    - even discover romance with another wing pilot
    - recruit 5 corporate pilots who can fly trade routes on your behalf
    - trade, fight, mine, pirate, scan for derelict ships and wormholes
    - many mission types: epic, freelance, dynamic, wingman acquisition, faction loyalty
    - deep combat mechanics, AI, and faction standings
    - 20+ ships, 180+ modules, 33 solar systems with a unique follow-through-warp mechanic
    - 15+ factions to vie favor or destroy
    - cinematic camera shows you the action when it happens
    - fly manually with or without Newtonian physics or use autopilots exclusively
    - 22 track theatrical-quality award-winning soundtrack by renown composer, Sean Beeson
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Role Playing, Simulation, Adventure, Arcade
    Release:Dec 21, 2011
    Updated:Dec 19, 2013
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (7)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

6. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    Awesome, it's out! I'll pick this up when I get to my computer.

7. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Bought!! This is one I wanna sit down for! GEEKS UNITE! Grab this gem! ...so when will we see 3rd person battles dev?

8. fetagames

fetagames Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Indie Developer
    Poland
    oh.. why didn't I come here earlier... I have already spent money on others... this one will wait in queue!

9. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    Per tutorial - says you can invert touch controls via options menu. I've looked, that option evades me.

Perhaps I've missed something? Anyone care to point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

10. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    No trailer?

11. binaryhelix

Oct 15, 2011
    Thanks! We want the 3rd person battles to really wow people, so expect a bit of time before seeing it. But we have exciting plans to make it more than just another FPS or 3rd person shooter. More strategic and tactical like Mass Effect.
    Doh! Sorry, this was missed in testing. It'll be fixed in the first update probably early January.

I added one to the first post. If any fans or review sites create a new one, I'll definitely link it.

12. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Sorry to sound like an achievement whore especially when you've created such an amazing game. But will there be any chance of GC support in the future?

Also, thanks for the trailer!

13. binaryhelix

Oct 15, 2011
    No problem! I hope people enjoy playing it as much as we did making it. We're definitely looking to add Game Center achievements. Also possibly a cloud save feature so save games can be shared on iOS, Android, web, PC and Mac. (Not via Game Center though since that is iOS-centric.)

14. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
  15. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Would really love (almost need) the iCloud game save support! (own an ipad2/iPhone4)

16. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    That's definitely good to hear! I guess the only bad thing is starting over to get the achievements, but that's not too big a deal for quality games.

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Got it last night. Looks great, plays great. Some issues though (not severe, but issues):

- Some dialogue texts occupy more than the available space, and I don't see a way of scrolling down the text. The only option is to click on "done" and move onto the next dialogue.
    - After reading the first tips in the stellar base where you begin, I went to the main menu and then clicked on "continue slot 1". The game freezed while loading. Exiting completely and reloading solved the issue.

Also, where can I save? After playing about 40 minutes trying to get grasp of gameplay, I quit the game. When I went back to the game, the savepoint was at the beginning of the game again. Being a mobile game, may I suggest an autosave feature when exitting the game?

It's a great concept and even though learning how to play seems complex, the interface seems easy and I dying to invest more time in the game. It looks promising and deep :D

18. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    A real gameplay video would be nice.

19. binaryhelix

Oct 15, 2011
    Glad you think so. :) Also, we're planning on adding more free updates including missions and content, so we'll try to make it worthwhile to jump back into the game then.

Thanks for your feedback! What device are you playing this on? The game saves whenever you dock or undock, and also after you see the mission complete messages while inside a station. So you need to finish the beginning part of the game which is a tutorial interwoven with the story and dock at the hub station. Quests are not saved until you dock for this reason.

Glad you're enjoying the game! We spent a lot of time on the tutorial and controls to make the complex seem easy.

You can see snippets of the gameplay in the trailer I posted. If others haven't posted one for review purposes in the next day or so, we'll definitely put one together. (Just a little stretched thin trying to get the news out to press right now.)

Thanks for all the feedback so far. We're keeping our ears open to any and all feedback.

20. binaryhelix

Oct 15, 2011
    We currently have our own solution for cloud saves since the game is out for iOS, PC, Mac, and soon Android. But we'll take a look to see if we can also do an iCloud save option or if our solution will suffice in an upcoming update. Thanks for your feedback.