★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Critter Chaos - by Infinite Beta. Like boogers? Then you'll love this physics puzzler

12-20-2011, 05:07 PM
#1
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 46
Critter Chaos - by Infinite Beta. Like boogers? Then you'll love this physics puzzler




The iPhone/iPod Touch version is here: Critter Chaos
We also have a lite version for FREE! Check it out here: Critter Chaos Lite

We are an indie game studio and we are excited to present our first release. If you guys have any questions about the development process or the experience, Iím more than happy to answer them. Iíll check back here often.

Thanks everyone. Enjoy!

Ryan

P.S. A big shout-out to the users of Touch Arcade that beta tested Critter Chaos. We made a lot of great changes thanks to your input.
12-23-2011, 07:56 PM
#2
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 46
Also, I wanted to let you know that we got mentioned over at The iPhone Blog, being one of their daily app picks:

http://www.tipb.com/2011/12/23/daily...slacker-radio/

We are hoping to be picked up by more reviewers soon...

01-10-2012, 12:21 PM
#3
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 46
We are giving away $150 in an iTunes gift card to one lucky Touch Arcade Forum member who checks out the Lite version of Critter Chaos. The details of the giveaway are here:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=119301

How it works is if you go and load the game onto a device in a brick and mortar Apple Store, then you are put in the running to win a crap load of App Store games. You scratch our back, we'll scratch yours.
01-18-2012, 07:51 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 46
FYI, I just posted a bunch of promo codes for the iPhone version of Critter Chaos here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...85#post2098785
01-23-2012, 09:37 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 46
I gave some of the Touch Arcade members a shout-out over in a reddit post...

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...or_the_iphone/
01-23-2012, 11:24 PM
#6
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 877
If you want to get noticed do a sale, it does wonders for games that didn't quite take off as it'll appear on many discount app sites!
Or even better, free for a day..it doesn't take away any revenue,it usually generates more revenue since word of mouth goes a long way, as do lots of positive app reviews...if you want your game to be noticed you actually have to do SOMETHING, give out codes in exchange for feedback, etc
01-24-2012, 12:43 AM
#7
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Beta View Post
I gave some of the Touch Arcade members a shout-out over in a reddit post...

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...or_the_iphone/
I love the game! I even promoted it in the What Should I Get 2012 thread on here. I also bought the game (though I did spend your money to get it )

I hope the anti-Apple folks at Reddit don't give you too hard of a time.

Have you considered donating a few codes for #WEEKENDIOSAPPALOOZA on Twitter? @doomfan heads it up and @ifanzine has a group page for it. Those guys love indie devs.
01-24-2012, 10:23 AM
#8
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozberry View Post
If you want to get noticed do a sale, it does wonders for games that didn't quite take off as it'll appear on many discount app sites!
This is definitely a plan for the future. Good advice.
01-24-2012, 10:24 AM
#9
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by burn View Post
I love the game! I even promoted it in the What Should I Get 2012 thread on here. I also bought the game (though I did spend your money to get it )

I hope the anti-Apple folks at Reddit don't give you too hard of a time.

Have you considered donating a few codes for #WEEKENDIOSAPPALOOZA on Twitter? @doomfan heads it up and @ifanzine has a group page for it. Those guys love indie devs.
TIL that Reddit does not like Apple very much!

I will check out those sites you recommended. Thanks for the heads up!