★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ant Raid (iPad exclusive) $0.99!

12-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Ant Raid (iPad exclusive) $0.99!

Not only are we happy about the holidays, but also about Ant Raid being the 8th best iPad GAME OF THE YEAR according to Metacritic! That's why for the rest of the year...

Ant Raid is $0.99!

(default price is $2.99)

Gameplay trailer:

Cinematic trailer:

More discussion on Ant Raid here:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=99744

Prank Ltd. - a game development studio.
www.prankentertainment.com

Last edited by Prank Ltd.; 12-23-2011 at 08:24 AM.
12-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Woah, congrats on that great Metacritic rating! I also agree, Ant Raid is definitely in my top 10 games of the year. Everybody with an iPad should buy it.

12-21-2011, 09:55 PM
<3 this! Was very surprised by how fun it turned out to be. I don't think the video's really do it justice tho.
12-23-2011, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
Woah, congrats on that great Metacritic rating! I also agree, Ant Raid is definitely in my top 10 games of the year. Everybody with an iPad should buy it.
Thank you lena, we are thrilled about the recognition -- yours and Metacritic's alike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevs View Post
<3 this! Was very surprised by how fun it turned out to be. I don't think the video's really do it justice tho.
Great to hear about the positive surprise, skeevs! And thanks for tipping about the videos, we'll increase the fun-factor of our future vids

Last edited by Prank Ltd.; 12-23-2011 at 09:15 AM.
12-23-2011, 08:49 AM
I keep getting anthill and ant raid mixed. Has any one played both that can tell the difference or are they just pretty much clones?

Trying to find some fun games for the holidays.
12-29-2011, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobi View Post
I keep getting anthill and ant raid mixed. Has any one played both that can tell the difference or are they just pretty much clones?

Trying to find some fun games for the holidays.
We are sorry to hear you get these mixed, Boobi, because though both games revolve around ants, they are two very different kind of packages.

As the developer of the other game, we are obviously too biased to compare them. That's why we recommend you to read a few of the reviews of Ant Raid and few of the reviews of Anthill, and hope it will help you finding out which one suits your taste better.

But if you feel that's too much trouble for one dollar, we recommend you to spend two and just get both games -- you most likely won't be disappointed

12-29-2011, 06:22 PM
I have seen many price drops on this game, but have never bought it... Can someone basically tell me what genre it is? My internet is capped, and it won't load up the video. Is it an RTS?

Edit: couldn't keep myself from buying this. Bought. All the impressions from the original thread made me buy this. Well, looks like it will be finished in a couple of days! (stupid Internet)

iPad 3 iOS 6.1 32GB
iPod 5 iOS 6.1 32GB

Last edited by TakenXXDeadly; 12-29-2011 at 06:43 PM.
12-29-2011, 07:56 PM
EDIT: My mistake. It isn't necessary to buy the bomb to proceed. Please follow the thread and see my later posting here. Sorry.

Keep OFF Ant Raid!!! It's NOT a sale. It's a fraud!

You can play seven short levels in "story mode" for a buck (sort of a 10-15 min tutorial) and then they want you to buy an "intelligent bomb" for real money. Otherwise you can't proceed. "Survival mode" and "Challenges" are locked.

I want my money back! I'll report that to Apple.

Bad confidence trick: Level #6 is ridiculously easy to lure you. And the next one is impossible to beat without the real money bomb. Deleted.

Prank Ltd. is on my watchlist. Don't buy things from this dev!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 12-30-2011 at 06:53 AM.
12-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Keep OFF Ant Raid!!! It's NOT a sale. It's a fraud!

You can play seven short levels in "story mode" for a buck (sort of a 10-15 min tutorial) and then they want you to buy an "intelligent bomb" for real money. Otherwise you can't proceed. "Survival mode" and "Challenges" are locked.

I want my money back! I'll report that to Apple.

Bad confidence trick: Level #6 is ridiculously easy to lure you. And the next one is impossible to beat without the real money bomb. Deleted.

Prank Ltd. is on my watchlist. Don't buy things from this dev!
Damn was just going to get this...
12-30-2011, 12:26 AM
I read through the thread, and it looks like the SmartBomb is optional according to posts. Maybe the game changed? I know I quit updating apps jst because so many devs are adding IAP, and changing things around so the IAP becomes nearly essential, and in the original game it wasn't even thought of.

Love to hear from the dev on this.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer