Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-06-2012, 07:54 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Hmmmm, nope, no problems for me. And yes, LOVING the joypad option... Even though I need to sit close so I can break the blocks... It's still great having something like a controller for gameplay. =oD
Old 03-06-2012, 10:39 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Bought to support the dev. Really enjoying.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:17 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Ok, this is going to sound like a stupid question, but I can't get anywhere in the game. I get 3 screens into the ship and I'm stopped in a room where there is a ledge I can't to. There are some blocks overhead that are red instead of grey, so I'm assuming I'm supposed to do something with those, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm supposed to do as I can't interact with them at all. Is there something I'm missing here?
Old 03-21-2012, 08:05 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rein37 View Post
Ok, this is going to sound like a stupid question, but I can't get anywhere in the game. I get 3 screens into the ship and I'm stopped in a room where there is a ledge I can't to. There are some blocks overhead that are red instead of grey, so I'm assuming I'm supposed to do something with those, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm supposed to do as I can't interact with them at all. Is there something I'm missing here?
Look for different paths. You may need to backtrack a bit to find new paths. Once you defeat bosses (and the first one shouldnt be too far), you will receive skills that has something to do with colored blocks.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:16 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Look for different paths. You may need to backtrack a bit to find new paths. Once you defeat bosses (and the first one shouldnt be too far), you will receive skills that has something to do with colored blocks.
Yep, I actually managed to find a different path. Thank you anyway!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:02 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

thank you for the recent update. it's always great having iCloud support when you have more than one device. =oD

Also cool that you made an achievement for killing the water boss instead of making him invincible again... now I'm gonna have to try and go for that. Should be interesting. =oD
Old 07-02-2012, 12:15 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbarlo View Post
Looks like I made a game that really won't sell. Most people don't enjoy things that avoid violence or try to be a little different. That said, the sad tone on the update notes are just me trying to explain why I didn't have any content update so far. After the AppSpy only moved about 11 units after 3000 clicks on the video review, I just don't think the game will ever sell. : (

Well... Maybe if I do a more "mainstream" game it ends up putting a little light on J-Werewolf. I really, really hope that happens!

Thanks again! I'm always really happy when I'm leaving the TouchArcade forum!
I hope you have better luck with your next game.

I only heard about this one now, and just by reading the thread and seeing how much you care about the game, I just bought it.

No idea if I'll like the game but you are a very nice developer, and well I'm always glad to support a Brazilian dev , I don't make games but I'm from here as well.

Edit: Well I thought I'd only post impressions when I had the chance to play on my iPhone but this game may be the only platformer/etc that has a perfect button placement for the ipad (even though they're not adjustable, they're great). For example, I can't play League of Evil 2 on my iPad but the classic setup here is just perfect for me.

Anyway, game is epic. Title and gfx style may be a turnoff for a lot of casual gamers but this game made me laugh quite a bit till now and it's nice to get unexpected upgrades (just got double jump, which made me enjoy the game more). A real gem - it was recommended at the 'Metroidvania' thread and from what I've read from the other two games people recommended (Avenger and Dark Incursion), they don't seem as good although I haven't gotten them.

Last edited by kioshi; 07-02-2012 at 12:44 AM..
Old 07-02-2012, 12:27 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I love this game. But honestly, the visuals in the game arent really that "inviting" despite having retro graphics. Personally, im loving the graphic and art style, but we have to admit this isnt everyone's cup of tea.

There are buyers looking at screenshots and shut the game down because they didnt like the character or enemy or even background graphics despite having decent reviews.

People should learn how to appreciate a great game as it is, and J-Wolf is more than just great. The main feature this game has that captured me is the gameplay. I hope it picks up over time.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:06 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
I love this game. But honestly, the visuals in the game arent really that "inviting" despite having retro graphics. Personally, im loving the graphic and art style, but we have to admit this isnt everyone's cup of tea.

There are buyers looking at screenshots and shut the game down because they didnt like the character or enemy or even background graphics despite having decent reviews.
Well I was in the 'whats a good metroidvania game' thread and this game came up. TBH I saw the screenshots and was really turned off, saw a video (which is already something most people won't do) and thought 'meh'. Ended up buying the game when I saw all the effort the dev made to make the game better and the fact he's from my country also influenced me.

Oddly enough, despite thinking even the video looked just 'ok', I really like the game's art style on my iPad, I thinki it looks great - but I do agree with you, not for everyone.

But then again... Games like Mage Gauntlet also have a unusual art style (albeit a more conventional 16-bit ARPG style) and it was a success (wasn't it?) at USD 3 (at least I paid that IIRC).
Old 07-02-2012, 10:02 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioshi View Post
I hope you have better luck with your next game.

I only heard about this one now, and just by reading the thread and seeing how much you care about the game, I just bought it.

No idea if I'll like the game but you are a very nice developer, and well I'm always glad to support a Brazilian dev , I don't make games but I'm from here as well.

Edit: Well I thought I'd only post impressions when I had the chance to play on my iPhone but this game may be the only platformer/etc that has a perfect button placement for the ipad (even though they're not adjustable, they're great). For example, I can't play League of Evil 2 on my iPad but the classic setup here is just perfect for me.

Anyway, game is epic. Title and gfx style may be a turnoff for a lot of casual gamers but this game made me laugh quite a bit till now and it's nice to get unexpected upgrades (just got double jump, which made me enjoy the game more). A real gem - it was recommended at the 'Metroidvania' thread and from what I've read from the other two games people recommended (Avenger and Dark Incursion), they don't seem as good although I haven't gotten them.
Quote:

People should learn how to appreciate a great game as it is, and J-Wolf is more than just great. The main feature this game has that captured me is the gameplay. I hope it picks up over time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kioshi View Post
Well I was in the 'whats a good metroidvania game' thread and this game came up. TBH I saw the screenshots and was really turned off, saw a video (which is already something most people won't do) and thought 'meh'. Ended up buying the game when I saw all the effort the dev made to make the game better and the fact he's from my country also influenced me.

Oddly enough, despite thinking even the video looked just 'ok', I really like the game's art style on my iPad, I thinki it looks great - but I do agree with you, not for everyone.

But then again... Games like Mage Gauntlet also have a unusual art style (albeit a more conventional 16-bit ARPG style) and it was a success (wasn't it?) at USD 3 (at least I paid that IIRC).
Hey, guys! Thanks for the kind words!

I actually expected a lot more critics on the graphics. There's some areas that I am in fact proud of, like the main character animations, but I know and agree that everything else is mostly subpar. Fortunately, I learned a lot from J-Werewolf and I can promise you that my next game will have way better graphics and music! (can't say the same for the trailer, but I'll try to make a better one as well)

And hey, Kioshi, I'm really glad I didn't disappointed you as a brazilian dev. : )

I'm releasing a bugfix update in the next few days. I'm thinking I should up the price to 1.99USD. What do you guys think? Is it "fair"?