App description: iMAME is an application designed to recreate the hardware of arcade game systems in software on modern personal computers and other platforms. The intention is to preserve gaming history by preventing vintage games from being lost or forgotten.

Includes;

Circus
Crash
Fire One
Hard Hat
Robot Bowl
Side Track
Spectar
Star Fire
Targ

Note: iMAME is not officially endorsed by Nicola Salmoria or the MAME Team. iMAME is based on the iMame4all Xcode Project by Les Bird.

AnarKitty's comments:
(Mod Edit)

To make it clear for everyone:

YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS HERE. YOU CANNOT POST LINKS FOR ROM HERE. YOU CANNOT GIVE OUT THE NAME OF ROM WEBSITES HERE. DO NOT PM PEOPLE TO ASK FOR ANY OF THESE THINGS EITHER -- ESPECIALLY NOT MODERATORS.

Technical discussions are fine, as well as reports of what works or doesn't work. Keep in mind that downloading and playing arcade ROMs is of questionable legality. Do not make us to go into this thread and start deleting posts.

Thanks!




Dunno about anyone else, but this is my ultimate Xmas miracle: a version of MAME on the App Store! Hope it works.
09-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmaxx View Post
good! but have both of you tried if compatibility with iExplorer is already available???

i'm asking you this 'cause seems in C64 app is no more possible to add custom games as before... can you check this for me on iMAME?
thanks a lot!
I haven't tried that yet as I have no new roms to add...

But if you have those Rom's (legal, of course) can't you just add everything you want before updating?

iMame is not going to be updated so the working Rom list won't change...
09-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: NCC 1701 A
Posts: 2,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCastle View Post
I haven't tried that yet as I have no new roms to add...

But if you have those Rom's (legal, of course) can't you just add everything you want before updating?

iMame is not going to be updated so the working Rom list won't change...
sure, but if i want to add more after the iOS update?

Last edited by Gwarmaxx; 09-20-2012 at 11:50 AM.

09-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: NCC 1701 A
Posts: 2,212
there's someone else here that has updated iOS without having done a full restore, and has checked iMAME functionalities with iExplorer and added games?

thanks in advance!
09-22-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm on an iPhone 5 and used iPhone Explorer with no problem. Had to delete my iMame configs this morning and all is good

One thing though, I'd LOVE if it were possible to update this for a proper fullscreen on the new 4 inch display. Anyone know if this can be done by editing a plist or something? I doubt its that simple, but hey...
09-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,243
Thanks so much! Might now get an iPod touch 5th gen
09-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: NCC 1701 A
Posts: 2,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by x999x View Post
I'm on an iPhone 5 and used iPhone Explorer with no problem. Had to delete my iMame configs this morning and all is good

One thing though, I'd LOVE if it were possible to update this for a proper fullscreen on the new 4 inch display. Anyone know if this can be done by editing a plist or something? I doubt its that simple, but hey...
thanks a lot pal!
10-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 66
Haven't posted here in awhile. I updated to iOS 6 and iMAME works perfectly. Too bad I couldn't add those playchoice games.
10-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,286
Some day I'm going to have to overcome my fear of hooking up my devices to itunes so I can install iMame.

Shame I lost DosBox. Hell, I have a 3GS 32 GB, I should just jailbreak that sucker. But I'm afraid of getting a virus on my computer
10-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 66
Why a fear? Confused. And JB and viruses don't go together. The only reason I didn't JB is because I have before and didn't like the little bugs that came with the JB.
10-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Some day I'm going to have to overcome my fear of hooking up my devices to itunes so I can install iMame.
Whats the crazy fear ?

I downloaded iMame last year when it hit the app store for a few days in December. Its on my iphone, ipod and ipad. When i got my new ipad the other month i was 'nervous' in case it wouldnt install but it did.

Hook it up ! If you lose your device or it breaks you wont have iMame backed up on itunes will you ? You wont be able to download it again so hook up and sync !

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.