Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-25-2011, 08:32 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbazookaboz View Post
Can anyone recommend some games. I have a full rom set. Just looking for ideas or anyones old favourites that might be new to me. More obscure the better?
Outside of the "Golden Age" stuff, I'm partial to Top Hunter, a quirky multiworld platformer. Pac-Land is also good to see where SMB would go.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:37 PM

Is Garou Mark of the Wolves supported?

Keep the recommendations coming guys. Especially newer games, from 90s onward.

Moonwalker didn't work here by the way.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:17 PM

Uh oh, I think I f* up.

I brought a emulation menu by accident while playing a game and fumbled in a few options. Turns out now no game recognizes the up direction on my dpad. Not one of them.

And now I can't bring the options menu back. Any help?
Old 12-25-2011, 09:23 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by heringer View Post
Uh oh, I think I f* up.

I brought a emulation menu by accident while playing a game and fumbled in a few options. Turns out now no game recognizes the up direction on my dpad. Not one of them.

And now I can't bring the options menu back. Any help?
just delete Documents->cfg->default.cfg

it will be recreated with default settings when u close and restart imame.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezesicle View Post
just delete Documents->cfg->default.cfg

it will be recreated with default settings when u close and restart imame.
Thanks!
Old 12-25-2011, 10:09 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by heringer View Post
Is Garou Mark of the Wolves supported?

Keep the recommendations coming guys. Especially newer games, from 90s onward.

Moonwalker didn't work here by the way.
Moonwalker works perfect. You are not using the correct rom. And a hint, the bootleg version works flawlessly.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:19 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Congratulations: you are part of the .0001%. Needless to say, nearly everyone posting on this thread has not bought the arcade games, particularly those who downloaded that 1.6 gb set making the rounds. But guess what, even if you own the pcbs that doesn't make legal to download the ROMs (at least not in the US).

I'm not saying that MAME is immoral, or even unethical. But it's definitely illegal to download ROMs in the US.
No its not illegal, i have the right to download or dump the roms on my pcbs for archival purposes in the event one of them goes corrupt. I also have the right to use that dump in any device just so long as i don't resell and retain the backup copy. I am also allowed to use that dump on any device as long as I am only using one copy at a time and not using another backup copy simultaniously. The same laws that govern dvds also govern the data on the pcbs i own.

You are legally able to make a copy of your dvd, download a copy if you do not have the means to make a copy yourself, burn it to a disc and use it in place of the original copy. The law protects these rights and sets strict guidelines on usage and backing up materials you own the right to use.

Downloading is not illegal, distributing it is. If it is being distributed in a country that does not adhere to the same laws we do, that is not my problem. All i am liable for is the laws and useage in the country i reside in and in the USA i have these rights.

If you don't believe me check the ESA website, they are the group that enforces software copyrights in the united states. It explictly states the fact mentioned above. They are the group that will go after you and work in coordination with the authorities to enforce these laws.

Last edited by jwm2; 12-25-2011 at 10:23 PM..
Old 12-25-2011, 10:26 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I'm still looking for a copy of gigawing that works. I'm also looking for the sound samples for batsugun. Happy holidays!
Old 12-25-2011, 10:33 PM
iPhone 4, OS 3.x

Everything in this thread might as well be written in Chinese. Being 34 years old i have no clue how these emulators work and downloading Roms and zips a and whatever else. This seems really cool but i dont understand anything. Wow i feel old. And stupid. lol
Old 12-25-2011, 10:57 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm2 View Post
I'm still looking for a copy of gigawing that works. I'm also looking for the sound samples for batsugun. Happy holidays!
gigawing is not in the supported list so it's not going to work with this version of imame.

if there are unofficial samples for batsugun they surely will not work by simply putting them in the samples folder for imame. this version is just not programmed for sound on that game. i know i love that game but we are talking mame 37b5 here