App description: iMAME is an application designed to recreate the hardware of arcade game systems in software on modern personal computers and other platforms. The intention is to preserve gaming history by preventing vintage games from being lost or forgotten.

Includes;

Circus
Crash
Fire One
Hard Hat
Robot Bowl
Side Track
Spectar
Star Fire
Targ

Note: iMAME is not officially endorsed by Nicola Salmoria or the MAME Team. iMAME is based on the iMame4all Xcode Project by Les Bird.

AnarKitty's comments:
(Mod Edit)

To make it clear for everyone:

YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS HERE. YOU CANNOT POST LINKS FOR ROM HERE. YOU CANNOT GIVE OUT THE NAME OF ROM WEBSITES HERE. DO NOT PM PEOPLE TO ASK FOR ANY OF THESE THINGS EITHER -- ESPECIALLY NOT MODERATORS.

Technical discussions are fine, as well as reports of what works or doesn't work. Keep in mind that downloading and playing arcade ROMs is of questionable legality. Do not make us to go into this thread and start deleting posts.

Thanks!

Dunno about anyone else, but this is my ultimate Xmas miracle: a version of MAME on the App Store! Hope it works.
12-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Battlezone, Defender, and Tempest make my list.

I like the trend towards making game content more accessible and feel Nintendo is brilliant in the design of their recent games.
12-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
It's an uncomfortable analogy (obviously it hit a nerve) but not incorrect -- I'll be developing the argument soon in the Game Discussion section. From a game design perspective there are many simIlarities.
Regardless, I basically agree. And from the perspective of having to keep paying to keep playing, I think it WAS an accurate analogy, actually.

12-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDean69 View Post
Whew. Thought i was the only one. I feel a little better.
Left you a PM.
12-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Rush n attack works, I think it's a clone of "green beret" so you should load the rom sets for that in too, also a few classics (well in my opinion anyway) that you're missing from that list would be: "bad dudes vs dragon ninja" bionic commando", "commando", "e-swat" (the bootleg of this works), "flying shark", "galaga 88", "ghosts n goblins", "moonwalker" (again, the bootleg version of this works), "narc" (requires the rom to be reset after loading through the proper mame options like most Williams games but runs great after), "neo turf masters", "rainbow islands", "rastan", "robocop" (I think the bootleg works of this), "rolling thunder" (use the old version to avoid crashing on title screen), "side arms", "strider", "toki", "toobin", "Trojan", "wardner" (I currently hold the world record for this on Twin Galaxies website! True fact!), "willow" "wonderboy" "wonderboy in monster land"

A few of my favourites there

Last edited by Rasterico; 12-26-2011 at 04:48 PM.
12-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks to everyone who chimed in about other classics I'm missing, I'll check 'em out! Anyone else who adds to this thanks in advance.
12-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heringer View Post
Weird. Tried from the 37b5 romset and it definitely doesn't work. Even the bootleg version.

Also, why does the help guide tell you to set the CPU clock to 80% to gain performance in most games while in Neogeo games you should set to 200%? What's the logic here? Shouldn't 200% provide a better performance for every game?
There's 3 versions of Moonwalker. Include all 3. It will work.
12-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Has anyone figured out how to calibrate the guns on Terminator 2? It's nearly impossible.

And is there some type of Super Mario clone on this version of MAME?
12-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryP7 View Post
Has anyone figured out how to calibrate the guns on Terminator 2? It's nearly impossible.

And is there some type of Super Mario clone on this version of MAME?
Yes to mario 1,2 & 3. No clue about T2
12-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbazookaboz View Post
Yes to mario 1,2 & 3. No clue about T2
lol, I mean this version of MAME. I can't add any Super Mario games on this version. Can you? Or any clone..
12-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryP7 View Post
lol, I mean this version of MAME. I can't add any Super Mario games on this version. Can you? Or any clone..
Yes this version. 0.37b7. All 3 mario games work. The roms have pc. Before the name.