Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #561  
Old 12-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Rasterico Rasterico is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbazookaboz View Post
Yes this version. 0.37b7. All 3 mario games work. The roms have pc. Before the name.
They have pc before them cause they're from the play choice 10 cabinets (an awful thing that Nintendo released into places years ago where you paid for time but could play all 10 of the games included on the cabinet) I remember putting a not insignificant amount into one of these just to see marios end credits roll!
Reply With Quote
  #562  
Old 12-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Hammer09 Hammer09 is offline
Member
iPad 2, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbazookaboz View Post
Yes this version. 0.37b7. All 3 mario games work. The roms have pc. Before the name.
Can you explain how these work please?

They don't seem to come up in iMame, I have for example pc_smb2.zip and playch10.zip which is the bios, but it's not appearing.

Are we sure that IMame supports this and has the drivers ?
Reply With Quote
  #563  
Old 12-26-2011, 07:41 PM
RotaryP7 RotaryP7 is offline
Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer09 View Post
Can you explain how these work please?

They don't seem to come up in iMame, I have for example pc_smb2.zip and playch10.zip which is the bios, but it's not appearing.

Are we sure that IMame supports this and has the drivers ?
It's not working for me neither.. It doesn't show up.
Reply With Quote
  #564  
Old 12-26-2011, 08:06 PM
freezesicle freezesicle is offline
Member
iPad, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 74
Default

if you are wondering whether a game has sound or not you can go to the imame options menu and turn on 'Show Info/Warnings'.

then when you start a game up it will pop up a message window with information of known issues for the game you are trying to play.

for example on batsugun it says ''The game lacks sound"

it can be helpful sometimes.
Reply With Quote
  #565  
Old 12-26-2011, 08:47 PM
freezesicle freezesicle is offline
Member
iPad, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer09 View Post
Can you explain how these work please?

They don't seem to come up in iMame, I have for example pc_smb2.zip and playch10.zip which is the bios, but it's not appearing.

Are we sure that IMame supports this and has the drivers ?
hmmm i don't see these on the supported games list:
http://code.google.com/p/imame4all/wiki/GameList

according to the link below the playchoice-10 games were added as of mame version .37b7
http://mamedev.org/devwiki/index.php/MAME_0.37b7

as far i know imame is based only on mame .37b5 so it doesn't appear that the playchoice-10 games are supported. but i only have the .37b5 roms so i haven't tried any .37b7 specific games myself.
Reply With Quote
  #566  
Old 12-26-2011, 08:54 PM
RotaryP7 RotaryP7 is offline
Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezesicle View Post
hmmm i don't see these on the supported games list:
http://code.google.com/p/imame4all/wiki/GameList

according to the link below the playchoice-10 games were added as of mame version .37b7
http://mamedev.org/devwiki/index.php/MAME_0.37b7

as far i know imame is based only on mame .37b5 so it doesn't appear that the playchoice-10 games are supported. but i only have the .37b5 roms so i haven't tried any .37b7 specific games myself.
Actually I have 0.37b7 games. I just can't get the PC10 games to work? It doesn't show.
Reply With Quote
  #567  
Old 12-26-2011, 09:03 PM
freezesicle freezesicle is offline
Member
iPad, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryP7 View Post
Actually I have 0.37b7 games. I just can't get the PC10 games to work? It doesn't show.
right. the games that were specifically added on .37b7 won't work on .37b5.

most games from the .37b7 romset are probably ok since they didn't change much from .37b5 to .37b7 but the *new* games they added on .37b7 wouldn't work on imame since it is based on .37b5.

that includes the playchoice-10 games.


but since i see this quote below i am not sure of it all now hahaha. Jonbazookaboz needs to check in to clarify this all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbazookaboz View Post
Yes this version. 0.37b7. All 3 mario games work. The roms have pc. Before the name.

Last edited by freezesicle; 12-26-2011 at 09:18 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #568  
Old 12-26-2011, 09:10 PM
raskinny raskinny is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 31
Default

Bottom line will play choice games work yes or no?
Reply With Quote
  #569  
Old 12-26-2011, 09:15 PM
freezesicle freezesicle is offline
Member
iPad, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raskinny View Post
Bottom line will play choice games work yes or no?
user Jonbazookaboz says yes. others are having problems.

we don't have a bottom line answer right now.
Reply With Quote
  #570  
Old 12-26-2011, 09:24 PM
raskinny raskinny is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 31
Default

While I am here, did anyone get a double dribble or open ice to work.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent