★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: QuickDraw App news! $5.99

11-13-2008, 07:56 PM
QuickDraw App news! $5.99

I thought I would pass this along to the community here at
"toucharcade.com".

-----Original Message-----
From: Swipe Interactive [mailto:contact@swipeinteractive.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:37 PM
To: xxxxx@xxxx.com
Subject: Quick Draw News

Dear All,

If this is your first email from us at Swipe Interactive, then let me take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in our latest development, Quick Draw.

The response from the online community over the last couple of weeks has been excellent, and has helped develop a lot of interest in what promises to be a great new game for the iPhone. The beta testing phase went very well, as I'm sure our lucky beta testers agree - sorry if you didn't manage to make it on to the list, we wish we could have accepted more. The testing provided us with the first real experience of the game being used to its full potential, with several people playing together at once - it seems that some are addicted already!

You can see a few screenshots we've taken of Quick Draw in use at http://flickr.com/groups/quickdraw/

We are finally happy to announce that Quick Draw has completed its development phase now, and is currently being reviewed by Apple for a place in the iTunes store. We hope that Apple will review Quick Draw quite soon, and that it will be in the App Store within the next couple of weeks. The game will be on sale for $5.99, a price which we have kept as low as possible while making sure that the servers required to run it can handle the expected demand - a problem most apps don't have to account for in their pricing.

We hope you are as excited as we are in anticipation of finally getting a truly multiplayer, fun game on the iPhone, and we thank you again for your continued interest in this project.

Kind Regards,

Swipe Interactive
11-13-2008, 08:09 PM
$5.99 is probably the highest price I'd go with... So that sounds pretty good...
11-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jborislow View Post
$5.99 is probably the highest price I'd go with... So that sounds pretty good...
Too bad we can't host our own servers and get a discount.