Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-22-2011, 12:39 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Deleted old link.
So...tell us about the game this is trying to simulate, and as an old pro, how does the AI hold up?
Old 12-22-2011, 01:11 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Been a long time player of Titan, and its computer version Colossus, and this seems a good port.

Fun so far and the AI seems fine, but I'm just in my first game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_%28game%29

The great thing about this board game for me has always been the strategic overview contrasted with the tactical battles in the individual hexes.

So far it seems a great implementation, though the menus seem a tiny bit slow when doing things like recruiting.

Rixx
Old 12-22-2011, 03:42 AM

Any tutorial?
Old 12-22-2011, 08:46 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Any tutorial?
No but there are pretty detailed instructions, from what I've heard, that are easy to bring up at any point in play.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:46 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

OH
MY
GOD

(as stated in the 'wrong' thread )

I've still got my AH copy.

This is a fantastic serious wargame with two main parts - you start by roaming the world map building your forces, and when two armies meet you pull out the appropriate mapsheet and play a turn-based battle on it. Survivors return to the world map.

A major twist is that YOU are on the board somewhere as a titan and if that piece is eliminated, you are out of the game. This is both very cool and the worst part of the game - in a 6-player game that can last half a day, it's a real bummer when you end up sitting out because you've been eliminated. Online play and/or games against the AI will help that a lot.

I'm both short of funds and lacking an iPad of my own at the moment, else I'd have instabought this at pretty much any price, it's an amazing game that I have probably spent months of my life playing. Aside from the Archon games on the PC, I can't think of anything else quite like it.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:58 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
OH
MY
GOD

(as stated in the 'wrong' thread )

I've still got my AH copy.

This is a fantastic serious wargame with two main parts - you start by roaming the world map building your forces, and when two armies meet you pull out the appropriate mapsheet and play a turn-based battle on it. Survivors return to the world map.

A major twist is that YOU are on the board somewhere as a titan and if that piece is eliminated, you are out of the game. This is both very cool and the worst part of the game - in a 6-player game that can last half a day, it's a real bummer when you end up sitting out because you've been eliminated. Online play and/or games against the AI will help that a lot.

I'm both short of funds and lacking an iPad of my own at the moment, else I'd have instabought this at pretty much any price, it's an amazing game that I have probably spent months of my life playing. Aside from the Archon games on the PC, I can't think of anything else quite like it.
I'll probably get it as it has been one of those board games I always wanted to learn how to play since my early days of gaming but never had a chance. I just hope the dev adds some Single Player vs. AI related stats.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:13 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Cool, looks a bit like Neuroshima Hex, that I LOVE! More impressions please!
Old 12-22-2011, 07:23 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

There is quite the discussion developing over at BGG. There is some criticism that the learning curve for newbies is almost vertical.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funambulist View Post
There is some criticism that the learning curve for newbies is almost vertical.
Oh, it is. I would not recommend this app for newcomers. Not at any price.

OTOH, veteran players seem to love it. So the developers apparently did a very good job with it.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaxaxeOrcslayer View Post
Oh, it is. I would not recommend this app for newcomers. Not at any price.

OTOH, veteran players seem to love it. So the developers apparently did a very good job with it.
Well, if the app is done well, the other is fixable. I would guess that with as many huge fans as the game has, someone is going to come along a do a video tutorial, whether from VG or otherwise.