Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-22-2011, 07:18 PM

Never heard of this before but with the adjustable AI and other wargme/boardgame experience, should I still pass this one? The price is forbidding though.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:37 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Reading the reviews on the app store, it seems this game could really use a zoom function.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:08 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

I've been waiting 30 years for a nice mobile and clean way to play Titan.
At $8.00 this is a no brainer. Think I paid double for Final Fantasy Tactics.

Yes this game can use enhancements and refinement. I do think as an initial iOS release, they did an incredible job.

Would have preferred the AH tile sets. A zoom function would be nice, but not critical. More save slots to run multiple games. Online play obviously. Derivatives would be nice.

I will say that the game could be converted to a much more slick package, but if they ever do that, I hope they sell it as a separate game and leave the original in it's board game clone style.

This is easily my favourite game released in a long time.

Whats next? Divine Right?
Old 12-29-2011, 10:15 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by blibby View Post
...Would have preferred the AH tile sets.

If you select "Use Simplified Character Art" it sure looks like the AH counters....
Old 12-30-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Never heard of this before but with the adjustable AI and other wargme/boardgame experience, should I still pass this one?
Anyone? I read it is not very suitable for those without the original boardgame experience.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:12 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Anyone? I read it is not very suitable for those without the original boardgame experience.
Well my girlfriend is enjoying it, but she has my enthusiasm to carry her. It is truly a boardgame remake though. It feels like a top down camera on an actual Titan game.

I guess it comes down to why you play Strategy and Tactic games. If you can play games like Chess, Stratego, Risk, and enjoy the mathematical possibilities and probabilities involved, without needing tons of eye candy, you'd probably like this game in it's current form.

There is a huge amount of depth in a Titan game, but like Risk, crazy dice rolling can really turn a game on it's head.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:13 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixx View Post
If you select "Use Simplified Character Art" it sure looks like the AH counters....
Thanks, I'll check that out today.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blibby View Post
I guess it comes down to why you play Strategy and Tactic games. If you can play games like Chess, Stratego, Risk, and enjoy the mathematical possibilities and probabilities involved, without needing tons of eye candy, you'd probably like this game in it's current form.

There is a huge amount of depth in a Titan game, but like Risk, crazy dice rolling can really turn a game on it's head.
Great to hear that.

From part of my resume: I play AH's Midway, Jutland and tried to play Flat Top and well, Starfleet Battles, but also stay at reading manual level . I switch to computer gaming, AH's Operation Crusader is all time favorite. Tried Run5's Battle of Bluge and love it, then go back to her earlier Midway game. Tactical games like Steel Panthers, Tigers on the Prowl, Panthers in the Shadow and now Combat Missions for over 10 years...

Played Carcassonne and Ascension regularly. Really sucks at Samuari and stop playing after a while.

This one among many iOS games on my wish list. I think iOS really need more serious tactical games.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:30 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Isn't it too expensive? It is on my wishlist too, but not for that price. I could buy it but i prefer to buy 5 other games for this price.
We should count on some sale ;/
Old 01-01-2012, 10:07 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomekSzymek View Post
Isn't it too expensive? It is on my wishlist too, but not for that price. I could buy it but i prefer to buy 5 other games for this price.
We should count on some sale ;/
It's about re-playability really. This is a timeless game that should give you an endless amount of fun. Eight dollars may seem steep compared to whats out there, but thats because the app store is filled with rubbish.

Count on a sale? Doesn't seem like that kind of company, but you never know. Could give the game a bit of momentum.