★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Aqua Forest: How Not To Update An App

05-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
Aqua Forest: How Not To Update An App

Seriously! The new more "stable" update seems to have made the game even more of an unplayable mess than before. I say we should petition to have Hudson banned from updating any apps ever again. Never made a thread before. But I just can't stand how you wait so many months to update an app that BADLY needs one.

But when you DO update it, it's terribly horrible!

End rant!
05-07-2009, 10:31 PM
wow I forgot I even OWNED the game!! Seriously apple needs an efficiant way for us to keep track of the apps we have purchased in the past. It's not realistic to browse through our purchased apps history and I've been trying to see which apps I have bought in the past by typing in the name in the search feature through my gmail to see what apps own. I wish i thought of this sooner though, I already deleted my old receipts

05-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaone View Post
Seriously! The new more "stable" update seems to have made the game even more of an unplayable mess than before. I say we should petition to have Hudson banned from updating any apps ever again. Never made a thread before. But I just can't stand how you wait so many months to update an app that BADLY needs one.

But when you DO update it, it's terribly horrible!

End rant!
i couldnt agree more, but ur a bit to harsh about them getting banned

my biggest complaint is the graphics they used to be nice and very detailed now they are not as good are are the elements are more like blobs of color.

Btw Kita you can go her to look up the update history of Aqua forest http://appshopper.com/games/aqua-for...eengine-casual
it did not record the latest update

Last edited by CP1789; 05-07-2009 at 10:36 PM.
05-07-2009, 10:46 PM
What did the update do to make the game worse? Is there less levels or something?
05-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordplay View Post
What did the update do to make the game worse? Is there less levels or something?
The update was supposed to improve performance. It doesn't. It performs worse.
05-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up russiaone. I was just about to update this, but maybe I'll hold off for now. I haven't played in a while, but it is a pretty good game.
05-07-2009, 11:36 PM
I reallu like this game, just as a time waster. The puzzles are pretty fun too. Picked it up for free, one of the best free games I have gotten.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
05-07-2009, 11:43 PM
There was a far superior version of this for jailbroken phones/touch called RFG Evolution... I may have gotten those first initials wrong. But it wasn't as graphically intense. Gameplay rules in this situation, however.
05-07-2009, 11:59 PM
The purchase history would work except it keeps track of updates too and iTunes isn't that fast. We need a DL history at least likenin the 360's.
05-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I actually love the update, finally I can add a bunch of different type of things, and it doesn't become a bunch of choppiness. Also like the titles of each of the elements. Oh well, to each their own.

AppleNApps
Twitter @mactds
Game Center: mactds