★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ICE WINGS -SKIES OF STEEL- a fast-action-Shoot 'em up game fo iOS devices.

--------------------------------------------

4 OUT OF 5 stars Review. Recommended game. www.the-app-shack.com

4 OUT OF 5 stars Review. "If you are an endless flying game enthusiasts you need to focus on this game: Ice Wings: Skies of Steel. " --- best10app.com

9 OUT OF 10 SCORE REVIEW - "Ice Wings is just one of those magical games that made me lose track time." "The game is a blast to play and something that people should not pass up" - MasterofHubes Reviews Blog

8 OUT OF 10 SCORE REVIEW - "The graphics are sharp, colourful and smooth." "As your learning curve increases, the game is more fun." "This is very well done for the cost and you will definitely get your money's worth."" - www.AppaSnap.com

8 & 7.5 OUT OF 10 SCORE VIDEO-REVIEW - "Just play this awesome game" - http://reviewsontherun.com/all/spotlight/ice-wings-skies-of-steel-ios-video-review/
--------------------------------------------

STUNNING 3D GRAPHICS!!
Great full-3D environments and aircrafts that immerse you in a amazing full-speed experience.

FREE YOUR ADRENALINE!!
Ice Wings mixes the adrenaline from the arcade machines with your hability for dodge obstacles while your speed increases,shooting to destroy the maximun number of targets for get the highest position in the score table.

UNLOCK NEW CONTENT!!
Use the stars that you earn destroying the targets for unlock new aircrafts.

AIRCRAFT FEATURES!!
Each aircraft has different features (weight,damage,aceleration,...), unlock them ! and play with your favourite.

INFINITE AND RANDOM LEVEL!!
Enjoy with random level generation system, each new game generates a new infinite level composition.

EASY CONTROLS!!
Very easy and intuitive controls, only slide your finger across the screen for dodge the obstacles and tap the fire button to shoot.

Support for Right/Left Handed.

FUTURE UPDATES!!
Ice Wings will have updates with a lot of new content (levels,new aircrafts, enemies, items, etc...).

Take your aircraft and show your SKILLS !!

Universap App.

iPad2: Graphical improvements for a better visual and game experience.

** PLEASE NOTE **
Device Requirement: iPhone4, iPhone4S, iPad, iPad2, iPod Touch(4th Generation).

-Follow Ice Wings -Skies of Steel- game on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/t2UrEA
-Follow MassiveFun3D games on twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/MassiveFun3D
-Become follower of Ice Wings Blog: http://icewingsthegame.blogspot.com/

MF3D_Dev's comments:

The-App-Shack Review 4 / 5 Stars

-"A new gem that should not be passed up is Ice Wings: Skies of Steel"
-"It is nearly non-stop action, it has great visual appeal, it has an epic soundtrack"

Best10App Review 4 / 5 Stars

-"If you are an endless flying game enthusiasts you need to focus on this game: Ice Wings: Skies of Steel"

AppaSnap Review 8 / 10

- "The graphics are sharp, colourful and smooth."
- "As your learning curve increases, the game is more fun."
- "This is very well done for the cost and you will definitely get your money's worth."

MasterofHubes Review 9 / 10

- "Ice Wings is just one of those magical games that made me lose track time."
- "The game is a blast to play and something that people should not pass up"

1.2 OFFICIAL TEASER

Youtube link | Pop Up
12-22-2011, 05:09 AM
Bought and downloading. Will give impressions as soon as possible.

12-22-2011, 05:10 AM
Look what I found!

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
12-22-2011, 05:29 AM

That's right, Ice Wings is a candidate for TouchArcade's Game of the Week!

If you want it to make the cut, nominate it for voting in this thread.

Note: This poll is for existing TouchArcade members only. Developers may not nominate/vote for their own games, nor bring outsiders in to vote.

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
12-22-2011, 06:06 AM
The bad (some technical and personal stuff):

Very low quality water textures with big and ugly pixels. It's sad how the water looks so bad.

Poor sound effects. F-14's main gun sound effect is low quality and repetitive, explosions sound fuzzy with some clearly audible white noise (audiophile here), weapon hit effects are some rather hard plastic 'clicks' rather than clear metallic clashes as one would expect. Other effects like the blades, barrel rolled loops and crashes are either weak or just plain inaccurate (esp the blades).

1:2 relative touch? The plane moves further than your finger gesture and I don't like that (I'm sure some bullet hell players won't either). It's just not accurate for fine movements.

And that's about it.

The good stuff:
Very well made endless flyer with good sense of speed!

Primary gameplay consists of avoiding obstacles/traps or other bizarre... stuff. Some 'enemies' like warships fighter jets can be shot down for extra points.

The game kicks off at a slow pace and quickly ramps up the speed. +1 to the game's enjoyment factor for kicking into high gear rather quickly.

When the game moves at a fast pace, the graphically dense city around you moves at an breakneck speed. Successfully or narrowly dodging traps and obstacles becomes satisfying and the close placement of obstacles allows for a constant stream of adrenal rush.

The graphics are simple with some muddy textures when viewed close up (crash into the first barricade to see what I mean).

In some ways, this game is comparable to Jetpack Joyride at a much faster pace with no coins and absolute control (you know how some traps in JJ becomes technically unavoidable late game?).

However, this game does lack content like most other endless games which does make you brainstorm for possible additions: there's only one mode of play and 3 unlockable aircrafts with a total of 4.

Fast and exciting endless flyer. Highly recommended for... I dunno, whoever I guess.

*Edit: I don't feel like mentioning how GOOD the music is (not in a pure musical/melodical sense but as in, genius arrangement and song structure) because I know it'll blow out to be a huge paragraph :P.
12-22-2011, 06:20 AM
Hi all. thanks for the nomination .

gunxsword: thanks a lot for your review, in terms of graphics, the iPad2 version has good improvements in graphics (clouds,particles in missiles,sun rays, water movements with transparency,etc..) do yo played on iPad 2 ???.

And please can you add a valoration in App Store??? thanks.

Anyway for the next update i take note of your review .

Best.
12-22-2011, 07:15 AM
I guess I'll have to wait until next upgrade. The app description gives a hardware requirement of:
Quote:
iPhone4, iPhone4S, iPad, iPad2, iPod Touch(4th Generation)

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
12-22-2011, 08:53 AM
So, I've played the game for abit (and recorded a video wich I'll upload in just a bit...) and so far, I'm liking it.

Some suggestions though:

My biggest complaint is that the game doesen't save my name when I enter it after my death. I don't want to delete the "Player" text every single time.

Also, it would be nice to have online leaderboards and be able to see where your (gamecenter) friends died on their best run (or in this case: Flight)

Add more mooves. How about objects where one has to fly under? (=> swipe down)

Overall the game is great for the price you pay. I really like the music (although it'd be nice if it wouldn't start from the beginning each time you restart the level) and it just all feels smooth.
12-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
I have tried and tried and tried... been sitting here for the last 20 minutes trying to get past the very first obstacle... where you need to slide your finger up?

I keep crashing.

I don't think I've ever felt as stupid as I do now... because no one else seems to have a freak'n problem with it... but flying for about 5 seconds, and then crashing over and over again is just not very fun for me...

I've tried timing it differently, tried doing it on different sides of the screen... tried sliding my finger up and keeping it there, tried sliding my finger up and then bringing it back down...

please help me... what am I doing wrong??
12-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I have tried and tried and tried... been sitting here for the last 20 minutes trying to get past the very first obstacle... where you need to slide your finger up?

I keep crashing.

I don't think I've ever felt as stupid as I do now... because no one else seems to have a freak'n problem with it... but flying for about 5 seconds, and then crashing over and over again is just not very fun for me...

I've tried timing it differently, tried doing it on different sides of the screen... tried sliding my finger up and keeping it there, tried sliding my finger up and then bringing it back down...

please help me... what am I doing wrong??

Just swipe up right before the obstacle (the faster you go, the earlyer you#ll have to swipe up). You don't need to hold your finger up or anything.