★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Beast Boxing 3D ($1.99 -> $0.99)

12-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Beast Boxing 3D ($1.99 -> $0.99)

Our unique first-person monster boxing game from last year is on sale for the holidays!

Beast Boxing Turbo (upgraded monster boxing, Mac), Beast Boxing 3D (monster boxing, iOS Universal), Yum Num's Galaxy (family/kids game, iPad)

Website | Twitter | Facebook
12-22-2011, 02:18 PM
I always loved this game...best punch out style boxing game in the appstore. Are you guys still making new games? Haven't released anything in awhile I don't think.

03-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyg3 View Post
I always loved this game...best punch out style boxing game in the appstore. Are you guys still making new games? Haven't released anything in awhile I don't think.
Thanks, I really appreciate that! Sorry it took so long to reply, I must have forgotten to sub to the thread. Yes, we're still working on things - one game made for kids where you're a space cat that collects ingredients to make recipes for aliens, and one big project revolving around a popular American graphic novel series. So it's been plenty busy, but I actually just released a Universal update for Beast Boxing and dropped the price again to $0.99!

Beast Boxing Turbo (upgraded monster boxing, Mac), Beast Boxing 3D (monster boxing, iOS Universal), Yum Num's Galaxy (family/kids game, iPad)

03-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Hey this looks great! Never heard of it before. Run on 2nd gens?

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
03-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Hey this looks great! Never heard of it before. Run on 2nd gens?
Great question - it runs great on 3GS, and pretty reasonably on my original iPhone 2G test device (considering it's so old!). I don't really expect fantastic performance anymore on that thing, but I did sacrifice a little bit of framerate in order to get graphics looking truly amazing on the newer devices.

If you want to try it out, there's a free version you can download to test whether you are happy with the gameplay here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beast-boxing-3d-lite/id398759371?mt=8

If you like it, please do leave a review!

03-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Ah, I remember the demo for this game when I first got an iOS device. The punching mechanism is excellent, as well as the graphics and animation. Glad to see that it isn't abandoned. At $1, I'm sold.

For future boxing game sequels, would like to see same punch mechanic, but with a different dodging mechanic (wii sports).

Last edited by VOGamer; 03-15-2012 at 02:21 PM.
03-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOGamer View Post
Ah, I remember the demo for this game when I first got an iOS device. The punching mechanism is excellent, as well as the graphics and animation. Glad to see that it isn't abandoned. At $1, I'm sold.

For future boxing game sequels, would like to see same punch mechanic, but with a different dodging mechanic (wii sports).
@VOGamer: Thanks, and I appreciate the feedback. We actually had wii sports style dodging throughout much of the development cycle, but the way that we ended up doing it worked much better with tilt controls. I'd love to revisit it in a sequel and see if I can get the issues with a quick dodge solved.