Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-13-2008, 07:48 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Yahtzee Adventures by EA is now available

I'll read about and maybe I'll purchase it... If so I'll write about it later.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=296288981&mt=8

PS: $4.99

Last edited by Carlos-Sz; 11-13-2008 at 07:51 PM..
Old 11-13-2008, 07:55 PM

I'm excited, only because this means sim city is coming soon!
Old 11-13-2008, 08:32 PM

I bought it. I was hoping for Motion X animation dice rolling physics but oh well. Still it's really polished. I'm glad they didn't come out with it at $9.99 or even $7.99. I definitely wouldn't have bought it at $8. $5 though is fair.

Everything fits on a screen ...no scrolling up and down like other yahtzee games. They use 3x for three of a kind 4x for four of a kind. House symbol for full house. Small arrow for small straight (at least 4) and large arrow for large straight (all five). ? for chance and Y! for Yahtzee (five of a kind).
Old 11-13-2008, 09:01 PM

Does it have special modes that distinguish it from regular Yahtzee games like Five Dice?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:26 PM

yea...k played it for about 2 hours straight now.

In addtion to classic mode Yahtzee it has battle mode 2,3, or 4 players CPU. Of course you can play against humans too just hand device around...no wifi though. Battle mode each starts with 100 points and you try to elminate your opponent(s). Max is 100 you can ever have. Upper 1,2,3,4,5,6 gives you points (health). Lower 3x,4x,fullhouse, small straight, large straight attack your opponent. Chance is rolled on and it could either attack or give you health and possibly backfire (although have yet had that happen).

Rainbow Yahtzee is same except also has Red, Green, Blue flush (all 5 are red, all 5 are green, all 5 are blue) if you get say Red the it's 35 pts. Also has full house with colors. You can have say 2 greens and 3 reds and that is 15 pts. Basically it mixes things up cuz you are trying to get your regular stuff but sometimes it's tempting to go for a rainbow flush.

Has adventure mode.....has many achievements to obtain too. Like score 5 points in a game for instance.

Duplicate mode I've played and just a tad confused. When I play it my initial roll the same intial roll is what my CPU opponent starts with too. Then you can roll twice more like usual. Next turn starts and same thing. In the instructions it says the same 15 dice are rolled. So I guess even the 2nd and 3rd roll are the same. Haven't paid enough attention if that's the case. Supposedly more strategy to it.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:13 AM

OMG. I'm so angry. One of the top games i've been playing with at the moment is FiveDice. Now i find out it's not available in the UK STORE?!?!?!?! GARGH!!!

Will it ever be?
Old 11-14-2008, 04:32 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Default I assume you mean Yahtzee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITrocks View Post
OMG. I'm so angry. One of the top games i've been playing with at the moment is FiveDice. Now i find out it's not available in the UK STORE?!?!?!?! GARGH!!!

Will it ever be?
This Yahtzee EA game is not available in Australia either. Like some of their other titles are also not available.

I wouldn't hold my breathe if I was you.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:50 AM

Oh gee, yet another EA game that is not available outside of the U.S.
Now there's a surprise... not.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:06 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Yeah, I don't get it. It's not a licensing issue. Take their game Spore. It's available in Australia. But their lite version is not. Oh yeah, and when they dropped the Spore price in the US store, they did not drop it here in Australia. It just makes me think (and I'm sure other potential customers think the same) that we are not important as we are not a US customer. EA doesn't want our money. I don't understand this. It's not like we pay pennies. They charge a premium price here in the Australian app store.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:02 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I'm really not sure about this game yet...

I own Five Dice and it is really nice (it's is still available).

In addition, tho we can't tell if it'll be approved there's a JVL Mobi upcoming version that seems to have a nice interface:

Well let's see...

Last edited by Carlos-Sz; 11-14-2008 at 07:14 AM..