★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Peeco-Free for a limited time.

12-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Peeco-Free for a limited time.

★★★Merry Christmas!!!Free for a limited time!!!

Peeco is an online multi-player “block falling” game. In addition to the classic mode and adventure mode, in Peeco you can also play with other players online in real time.

Last edited by zipxing; 12-23-2011 at 10:13 AM.
12-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Try it, very exciting......

12-23-2011, 04:04 PM
I downloaded it and I like it very much so far!

This is probably the best "tetris" type game in the iTunes store at the moment since EA ruined the official "Tetris" with IAP

Controls are very intuitive and responsive.. Haven't tried online play but that's an awesome feature. I'm also playing it on my iPad and the graphics are stellar! Why the app is not universal already I don't know because zoomed at 2x it looks like a native ipad app.. so sharp!

Congrats developer great job!

--mike
12-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Alright.. I played with the game for like 3 hours now and my impression has unfortunately changed for the worse. The game gives you three modes:

Classic Mode - A classic game of "Tetris" play until you die.. The first 5 levels go by pretty slowly with pieces dropping very slowly.. Then, level 6 happens and the pieces suddenly drop down insanely fast without warning! One suggestion here would be to make the levels more gradually increasing in the way they drop down?? You also don't seem to earn anything.. no coins, no achievements, nothing. So it can get rather boring after a while in classic mode.

Adventure mode seems impossible without IAP's..even completing the first level is impossiblel! There is simply not enough time. This seems like a pretty fun mode but it's not playable without spending real money =( One suggestion here would be to bump you more time if you complete lines? but then that might cut in on the greed of the devs.

Online Fighting mode no one in any rooms lol.. you can play against the bots though..

General impressions - music is annoying.. it's like 3 or 4 tunes played over and over again with a strange pause in between.. Also, the score that tells you the number of lines you've cleared overflows when you've cleared more than 99 lines... strange.. no one tested it for more than 99 lines?? LOL

The game needs a bit more polish, ability to earn coins without buying IAPs and more achievements to keep things interesting.. maybe even ability to play own music?

I'm going to keep this on my iPad to see if they do these things to make the game more enjoyable instead of so bland.. if not, it's a delete.

--mike

Last edited by leemik; 12-23-2011 at 07:45 PM.
12-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemik View Post
Alright.. I played with the game for like 3 hours now and my impression has unfortunately changed for the worse. The game gives you three modes:

Classic Mode - A classic game of "Tetris" play until you die.. The first 5 levels go by pretty slowly with pieces dropping very slowly.. Then, level 6 happens and the pieces suddenly drop down insanely fast without warning! One suggestion here would be to make the levels more gradually increasing in the way they drop down?? You also don't seem to earn anything.. no coins, no achievements, nothing. So it can get rather boring after a while in classic mode.

Adventure mode seems impossible without IAP's..even completing the first level is impossiblel! There is simply not enough time. This seems like a pretty fun mode but it's not playable without spending real money =( One suggestion here would be to bump you more time if you complete lines? but then that might cut in on the greed of the devs.

Online Fighting mode no one in any rooms lol.. you can play against the bots though..

General impressions - music is annoying.. it's like 3 or 4 tunes played over and over again with a strange pause in between.. Also, the score that tells you the number of lines you've cleared overflows when you've cleared more than 99 lines... strange.. no one tested it for more than 99 lines?? LOL

The game needs a bit more polish, ability to earn coins without buying IAPs and more achievements to keep things interesting.. maybe even ability to play own music?

I'm going to keep this on my iPad to see if they do these things to make the game more enjoyable instead of so bland.. if not, it's a delete.

--mike
Hi Mike,

I am the developer of Peeco. Thanks a lot for your review. I really appreciate your comments and your thoughtful suggestions.

I have added them to the list of things to do in our next upgrade.

In the adventure mode, the way we set the time in each level is that three of us play each level for multiple times and we choose the average time*1.5 as the time that is set for each level. It is highly likely that since we play it so often that we can finish them in a relatively short time.

By the way, in adventure mode, there are some magic items that you can use. They are embeded in the blocks and when you clear the line that has the item, you can earn it and you can use it in the game. In the next upgrade, we will also add the bumping time feature when completing lines.

Again, thanks a lot and if you have any other questions or feedback, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

- Luke
01-10-2012, 08:17 PM
up up

Not sure if you have seen this message.
01-10-2012, 08:55 PM
How about iCade support? Really hoping for a tetris style iCade game.