★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Rake in Grass (Archibald's Adventures, Crystal Cave Classic / HD) - $0.99 SALE

12-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Rake in Grass (Archibald's Adventures, Crystal Cave Classic / HD) - $0.99 SALE

Favorites: The Quest Gold + expansions, Mission Europa Collectors Edition, Ascension, Jet Car Stunts 2, Junk Jack X, King of Dragon Pass, Kingturn series, Mecho Wars HD, Mini Dash, Mos Speedrun, Ravenmark, Sonic series, Fall of Angels, Highborn, Solomonís Keep / Boneyard, pixel art games, remakes and ports of classic games.
12-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Ooh, Archibald's Adventures has to be one of my favorite games ever!

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.

12-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Ooh, Archibald's Adventures has to be one of my favorite games ever!
Mine too. The only reason itís not in my signature is the limited size of the signature here on TA. I mean come on Ė 191 levels of brilliant puzzle platform mix, AND universal app, AND a freaking dollar? A s.t.e.a.l.

Crystal Cave Classic is also a solid game. Really challenging puzzles, amazing level design, good sounds/music building up a nice atmosphere, and graphics theme Ė something like a mix of Indiana Jones and Montezumaís Revenge.

I have both of these games always on my iPhone. Bought them at full price and never regretted it. Lite versions are also available.

Favorites: The Quest Gold + expansions, Mission Europa Collectors Edition, Ascension, Jet Car Stunts 2, Junk Jack X, King of Dragon Pass, Kingturn series, Mecho Wars HD, Mini Dash, Mos Speedrun, Ravenmark, Sonic series, Fall of Angels, Highborn, Solomonís Keep / Boneyard, pixel art games, remakes and ports of classic games.
12-23-2011, 10:15 PM
Archibald's Adventure has just the right amount of puzzle solving for me to fully enjoy it. I haven't seen many games come close to it in its category in mobile gaming.
12-24-2011, 03:21 AM
Archibald's Adventure is a must if you don't have it already.
12-24-2011, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma32 View Post
Archibald's Adventure is a must if you don't have it already.
I don't, so I'm buying now. Thanks!

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
12-24-2011, 04:14 AM
Bought and playing Archibald's Adventures. Really excellent! Thanks for this thread.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
12-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Also bought the Cave Classic HD, which reminds me of my early computer classic games. I love the fact that this developer makes the walkthrough videos so accessible. No getting stuck. Both games are really nice puzzlers.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
12-25-2011, 01:48 PM
These are wonderful games, some of my very favorite, and each of the hundreds of levels are solved on separate videos on Youtube, in case you get stuck on a particular level.

There are seemingly tens of thousands of physics-based puzzle games in the App Store, but very few logic puzzle games of this quality and fun.

I wish that Rake-in-Grass would develop a new game similar to Archibald, but with maybe more of a compelling narrative, such as what Valve was able to achieve with Portal and Portal 2. It could involve Sci-Fi, Time Travel, portals, I mean, whatever they can dream up, but with wonderful 2-D levels and lots of logic-based puzzles.

In my opinion Crystal Cave Classsic and Archibald are Rake-in-Grass's strongest games.
12-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Best games in the store ...

Twitter : [@John_Hasio]
iPhoneHellas Review Team member