★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Graphics Debate: Shadowgun vs M.U.S.E.

View Poll Results: In terms of graphics, which of these games takes the cake, Shadowgun vs M.U.S.E.
Shadowgun 39 92.86%
M.U.S.E. 3 7.14%
Too tough to choose 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll
12-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Graphics Debate: Shadowgun vs M.U.S.E.

Some discussion on which of the above games delivers better graphically.

MUSE:http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=aZr-x1j-lno

Shadowgun:http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=Q4ye64BOsDA

Last edited by Madman100; 12-23-2011 at 09:12 PM.
12-23-2011, 08:41 PM
I'll post the debate to get people thinking.

Feel Free To Elaborate!!!

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 12-23-2011 at 09:03 PM.

12-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Maybe I'm confused, but how does Shadowgun have better graphics. It's all the same thing throughout the game. Muse's graphics vary more IMO, have small details that add to the game, and just adds that overall oomph that I was looking for in graphical terms. There's just so much more going on in Muse's landscape than Shadowgun, and I VERY much appreciate it. Shadowgun was awesome but IMO the graphics/style was very monotonous, but just looked so pretty every one ate it up like nobody's tomorrow.

Personally, Shadowgun reminds me more of a PS1/2 game than Shadowgun ever did. Can people elaborate on why?!?

Plus anyways, they're different styles/settings, so to say one is totally (100%) better than the other is a crock.

This is the same crap I used to hear back on console. Dude aren't these graphics a bit nicer than these? No man, these graphics are a bit better than these. Argue for a wile then agree that they're totally different games and can be argued both ways.

I think M.U.S.E's graphics are better, you think SG's are better. At the end of the day they both look great.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
12-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Madman100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman100 View Post
Haha. Wow.. Big fan are we?

Was just saying Shadowgun's graphics are simply fantastic, whether u find the style to be monotonous is a different issue.

The graphics in MUSE.. Well, they're good but nowhere near the quality of Shadowgun, especially character art.

12-23-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm a big fan of Sgadowgun's and my argument still stands as to why M.U.S.E.'s are better. Doesn't seem that hard to smooth out the same, monotonous thing. Maybe I'm wrong, but there's less detail in Shadowgun IMO. As far as characters, the games are different styles. I particularly like the arcadish feel of M.U.S.E's graphics.

Ugh...this is why I made the last comment/statement in my other post anyways!

12-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Madman100

Quote:
That logic is baffling. I was talking about "character art".

Anyways I'll stop this since I don't want to sound like I'm hating on the game. Was just offering my opinion to someone who asked.

12-23-2011, 08:48 PM
I know but when you add in different styles of the game, it can apply to how you perceive the character art. If I'm right, they were going for an arcadish vibe. If that's the case, the graphics/characters are amazing IMO. If it was meant to be like SG then you're right and SG's characters are better looking. Still not by a landslide IMO.

12-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Brrobotix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrobotix View Post
+1

Shadowgun has amazing graphics, no way of denying that. I will say its lacking somewhat in variation, but I personally don't mind. There are some levels that mix it up, letting you go outside the facility for brief periods of time too.

MUSE has variation, but overall the quality is just not at Shadowguns level. It's a step in the right direction, but to me it seems that MUSE is still not as polished as Shadowgun, especially with all the changes they put into their latest update.
He +1'd Madman100's earlier comment!

12-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrobotix View Post
+1

Shadowgun has amazing graphics, no way of denying that. I will say its lacking somewhat in variation, but I personally don't mind. There are some levels that mix it up, letting you go outside the facility for brief periods of time too.

MUSE has variation, but overall the quality is just not at Shadowguns level. It's a step in the right direction, but to me it seems that MUSE is still not as polished as Shadowgun, especially with all the changes they put into their latest update.
Again, I think it's how you perceive the styles. MUSE has an arcade vibe to it and that's what the design reflects. Also, it's probably easier to polish a more monotonous design.

This is why I brought up the console debate thing. Ask me how many times we've debated graphics on consoles.

12-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Madman100

Quote:
I think it's unanimous, in the graphics department, Shadowgun exceeds what the compitition can hope to achieve.