★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mega Man II $2.99 -> 99c

12-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Mega Man II $2.99 -> 99c

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
12-24-2011, 12:13 AM
ok, THIS i'm tempted to pick up... specially since i really liked it when i played it a few months ago...

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB

12-24-2011, 02:00 AM
I'm tempted too, though I'm wondering if the cut-down screen will be too tiny on my iTouch 4 to play effectively and enjoy.
12-24-2011, 02:09 AM
I don't know about this game. Looks like Capcom made it have such a little tiny screen and surrounded it with big borders and big buttons. I know it's only 99 cents, but playing that on a small iPhone screen doesn't look worth it. What do you guys think?
12-24-2011, 02:14 AM
I'll take the plunge, the sad part is never played this on my NES or SNES. I don't know why, maybe me tastes have changed. Will leave impressions later, tomorrow at the latest.
12-24-2011, 02:24 AM
Save your money . Played both on iPhone 4 and iPad 2 (2x). First thing that comes to mind, the controls are horrible, on both. Unresponsive and for starters, the iPhone 4, small screen and you will have trouble hitting the d-pad and buttons. On the iPad 2, the screen is portrait with a joystick and buttons, reminiscent of the old arcade, but that is all the positives here. Granted I played only a few minutes, but the controls are that bad. Spend your .99 elsewhere, not here. Not a Megaman veteran, but a gamer,and it is sad what Capcom has done to a legendary game.
12-24-2011, 02:35 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. I was hoping against all hope that it would at least play okay, despite how tiny the screen was going to be. Guess I'll wait for Mega Man X to go on sale and get an update or two, and hope it plays better.
12-24-2011, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
Save your money . Played both on iPhone 4 and iPad 2 (2x). First thing that comes to mind, the controls are horrible, on both. Unresponsive and for starters, the iPhone 4, small screen and you will have trouble hitting the d-pad and buttons. On the iPad 2, the screen is portrait with a joystick and buttons, reminiscent of the old arcade, but that is all the positives here. Granted I played only a few minutes, but the controls are that bad. Spend your .99 elsewhere, not here. Not a Megaman veteran, but a gamer,and it is sad what Capcom has done to a legendary game.
You're a good man, Sugimulm, a good man. Hopefully others will follow Sega's lead with Sonic CD.
12-24-2011, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgmind View Post
You're a good man, Sugimulm, a good man. Hopefully others will follow Sega's lead with Sonic CD.
Thanks rpgmind, I was in an inquisitive mood about the game, but now I know and hope others heed this warning.
12-24-2011, 05:26 AM
As weird as it sounds, I actually enjoyed this game a lot and didn't have problem with the controls at all. Yes it was supposed to be a very hard game and people said the controls are terrible, but I managed to finish it and loved it more than many platformers with better reviews at TA. Maybe because most of the new platformers are bite-sized and retro wannabe, while this one is a real retro classic and the level designs are genius.