★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mass "What Should I Get?" Thread (2012 - 2015)

View Poll Results: What device to get?
iPod Touch 2 15.38%
iPad 7 53.85%
iPad Mini 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll
03-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Ram View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to TA, loving this place!

Well, I recently got an iPad 2 and got pretty hooked to it, I really enjoyed mobigames's Perfect Cell and was wondering if there are similar stealth games around. I also got Zombie: The Rescue which has been very cool so far.

So what are the best stealth games on the iOS ? Not really into easy ones(spymouse)
Not sure how much these will tickle your fancies but ...
Gesundheit
Pickpawcket
Beat Sneak Bandit (this Is a rhythm/music one though)

I don't want a signature.
03-06-2012, 09:00 AM
I would say stick with Spy Mouse. It gets much more difficult later on, especially if you try to complete all the challenges.

Also, VR Mission is pretty decent. And possibly Gameloft's Splinter Cell Conviction, but definitely wait for a $0.99 sale on that one. Considering its dropped to that price 6 times.

03-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Hey, thanks a lot guys, I'll look into those.
About spymouse and VR mission, looking at videos made the levels feel pretty short and quick, but I'll surely give them a shot if the later levels offer more of a challenge. I kinda enjoyed Playing Perfect Cell the sneaky way( no kill bonus on all levels), so looking for similar fun.

Definitely waiting for a sale on Splinter Cell!
03-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Ram View Post
Hey, thanks a lot guys, I'll look into those.
About spymouse and VR mission, looking at videos made the levels feel pretty short and quick, but I'll surely give them a shot if the later levels offer more of a challenge. I kinda enjoyed Playing Perfect Cell the sneaky way( no kill bonus on all levels), so looking for similar fun.

Definitely waiting for a sale on Splinter Cell!
Spy Mouse is really a must-have. Yeah the levels are usually short, but the game does get pretty tough like I said. Especially if you go for all the medals. VR Mission is just okay so you can totally pass on that.
03-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Any suggestions on third person shooters?

I just finished Dead Space and Shadowgun. Loved Dead Space and Shadowgun was fun enough and was great eye candy. I'm definitely considering Epoch. Anymore out there that are worth the $?
03-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Any good rpg games $4 and under?
03-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanitymops View Post
Yes we have played together in the past I love TA for the community over everything else.

I did forget to add that SO's devs were really active and have put out some great updates.

And yes, there is online chat. You can submit your chat with your turn (meaning you can't chat in between your turns, as with most async chat).

Can't wait to see you on
Amen to that! I've met a lot good people through GC, Plus+, OpenFeint, etc via TA. Very good community to share just about anything regarding shared iOS talk (and some other things ). Asynchronous Multiplayer games made the experience even better!

Great to hear the Devs are active with updates. I've played several games since downloading and, it's a lot to take in, but I think I've finally got the basics down for the most part; I'm hooked. I love the complexity, ton of customization, and freedom of colonizing...it's just the type of game I was looking for. A couple more runs and I'll send you an invite...looking forward to it too. I do have a few questions I'll PM you later.

Thanks for the suggestions Sanitymops and DodgerBlue016. Both Starbase Orion and Conquist 2 are solid games for anyone into turn-based strategy games. Glad I picked them both up.

Game Center: Diligence
03-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Jordanrracer
I wanna spend my $30. WTB: Sandbox genre Games!

Exactly what the title says! EDIT: I'm using an iPod Touch 4th Gen 8gb - non-jailbroken at the moment.

Also please recommend me your favorite games and I'll look into buying it!

I want devs to recommend me some of their games too, I'll consider getting it!
-------------
----------
-------
-----
---
--
- PS: What I love most: Sandbox type games, and Online games!
-
--
----
-------
----------

Currently seeking an iOS Job for Online Community Moderation.
GameCenter ID: Jordanrracer

Last edited by Jordanrracer; 03-06-2012 at 06:37 PM.
03-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Sand box gta? Or particle games?

I'm just so sick of breathing!
GC-Ghostz
03-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Well an online sandbox would be order & chaos, similar to WoW

I'm just so sick of breathing!
GC-Ghostz