★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Logic Puzzles Volume 2

05-08-2009, 05:27 AM
Logic Puzzles Volume 2

If you liked and completed the first Logic Puzzles game by Punkstar Studios, the second volume is out with another 25 puzzles for the price of 1.99US.

(appshopper link.)

I like the first one but am no where near finishing all the puzzles in it yet.
05-08-2009, 05:32 AM
I was going to consider buying that, but now that I see he doesn't update, just makes new games, I won't.

05-08-2009, 05:32 AM
I'm enjoying the first release and I have a mountain of games to play through at the moment. But I'll probably give in to temptation and purchase this before too long. Another game for the evergrowing mountain of great games I'm going to finish..... one day! It is good to see that the devs have released another installment. I guess this means that the first one has been successful enough to justify a second game. If so that is excellent news.

Last edited by snow_mani; 05-08-2009 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Removed sentance as no longer made sense due to new post above
05-08-2009, 05:46 AM
I won't buy it until I finish the first one, which may be never. I hope the dev changes things up a bit when 3.0 comes around. The game without puzzles is free and you buy puzzle packs of 25 puzzles at 2 bucks a pop. == one icon on the iDevice.

Don't check this site or private messages often.
05-08-2009, 05:57 AM
Same for me. I won't pick up the second one until I through with all 20 in the first. I finished 7 puzzles only. A couple I've started only to return after a short break and lose track of what's where! It's not exactly a pickup-and-play game which is why it's taking me forever. One needs to actually sit quietly and think about the clues without interuption. I find it more demanding of concentration than most.
05-08-2009, 08:33 AM
I've really enjoyed what I've played of the first volume, and more power to the developer if he does well with this volume. However, I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed, because the couple of posts the developer left in the thread about version 1 made it sound like they'd add more puzzles to the original, not simply create a second game and charge more money. Now I wouldn't mind at all buying this if I had known from the beginning that this 2 game version was the plan, but when the developer talks one way and produces another that feels like kind of a kick in the teeth for those who supported them the first time around.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
05-08-2009, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
I've really enjoyed what I've played of the first volume, and more power to the developer if he does well with this volume. However, I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed, because the couple of posts the developer left in the thread about version 1 made it sound like they'd add more puzzles to the original, not simply create a second game and charge more money. Now I wouldn't mind at all buying this if I had known from the beginning that this 2 game version was the plan, but when the developer talks one way and produces another that feels like kind of a kick in the teeth for those who supported them the first time around.
I think we are going to have to forgive devs for changing their marketing strategy if that's the right wording. It seems that more and more of them are so called "not keeping to their word" with regards to prices and updates. But imho, if they feel that they have to go back on their word to make an proper earning of their product, maybe they should for their living income's sake (if that is the case).

I think these new devs should learn not to make promises or at least not to say anything about future plans or price changes until it's actually going to happen. What's the point of making customers happy for a while only to disappoint them later?
05-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
I think we are going to have to forgive devs for changing their marketing strategy if that's the right wording. It seems that more and more of them are so called "not keeping to their word" with regards to prices and updates. But imho, if they feel that they have to go back on their word to make an proper earning of their product, maybe they should for their living income's sake (if that is the case).

I think these new devs should learn not to make promises or at least not to say anything about future plans or price changes until it's actually going to happen. What's the point of making customers happy for a while only to disappoint them later?
I believe you hit the nail on the head in your second paragraph. However, as I've thought about this some more I suppose my first post was more of a gut reaction than true annoyance. Truth is, I will probably never finish the first volume anyway, so additional puzzles won't do me any good. I guess I was just surprised to see this release when the developer had talked about adding new levels to volume one (it used to even say on the web site that volume one would get new levels).

In the end I just hope this works well for the developer. I've been in the software development business for more than 15 years myself, so I can appreciate the effort that goes into developing these applications. If a second volume for an additional charge means the developer can eat next week, then good for them

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre