★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: I need some help guys...

11-13-2008, 09:32 PM
I need some help guys...

Hey everybody! I am in a situation where I am wanting to get one of the "high end" apps, and I am trying to decide to buy Soul Trapper, which is getting fabulous ratings and reviews (not to mention I have the Lite version which you cannot get anymore, and I thought that it's fun) or wait for games like Need For Speed, and Fast Lane (I need another racer a hole in the head). There are really two reasons that I am on the fence about this. Firstly, Soul Trapper is still at the intro price of $6.99 and I am not sure how long that is going to last before it get popped up to ten bucks, which at that price, I would not buy. The second reason is that I have seen the quality that is coming with NFS and Fast Lane, and I don't like bad looking games - at all. So what are your opinions about the matter?

Game Center ID: Vaelsh
I'm playing: Small World 2, The Pinball Arcade, Terraria
I'm waiting for: Shadowrun Returns, Micromon, Oceanhorn!
11-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaelsh View Post
(I need another racer a hole in the head)
I'm pretty sure that's not how the saying goes.

As for me, I'm holding off on any big purchases until Need For Speed comes out, but it IS just another racer. I guess it just depends on what you want.

11-13-2008, 09:35 PM
I don't own Soul Trapper Myself, but check out some reviews on it. Fast Lane has already been submitted to Apple, so it should come out before the Soul Trapper sale ends. As for NFS, it will probably be like most other iphone racers, except for the package delivery part.
11-13-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm gonna start my own blog called "Ask A Normal Guy" in which i'll answer all the "what app should i get?" questions...nah...
11-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everydaynormalguy View Post
I'm gonna start my own blog called "Ask A Normal Guy" in which i'll answer all the "what app should i get?" questions...nah...
Hahahhaa we could have a whole other section for you, and Oma of course :P

"Insert generic signature here"
11-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloneWars View Post
Hahahhaa we could have a whole other section for you, and Oma of course :P
How about an Oma and EDNG partnership? Nah, that'd be so epic that it would cause a rift in the space-time continuum...
11-13-2008, 09:54 PM
So wait or buy? Are there other games to wait for this month? I am not going to immediately buy Quick Draw and probably not NFS, but Fast Lane is nice and quite appealing with the saving and editing replays or something like that. Also it has a lot of cool features, but I don't know...

11-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Well it seems that it is now a choice between Soul Trapper and Fast Lane. What do you guy think?