★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Legendary Heroes (like DotA or LoL)

12-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Legendary Heroes (like DotA or LoL)

I found this on 148apps and the trailer looks good. They said you have a choice between 8 heroes but they only showed 3 in the trailer. What do you guys think?

http://www.148apps.com/news/legendary-heroes-write/

Game Center ID: SlighMD; Battle.net: SlighMD#6986; Vainglory: SlighMD
Currently playing: Hearthstone, XCOM: Enemy Within, Vainglory, Dodonpachi: Ichimen Banchou
Waiting for: MHFU for iOS to be fixed and Titan Quest
12-28-2011, 09:34 AM
Wow. Looks great. Best of all, it's FREE.

Admin/Reviewer on Philippine Gamers Lounge
XBL & PSN: iANiMeX
GameCenter: ANiMeX2k11
Need beta tester?

12-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iANiMeX View Post
Wow. Looks great. Best of all, it's FREE.
Actually, being free could be the thing that ruins it...
12-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Indded the freemium aspect might ruin it.

And why did they not mention any multiplayer?
The whole point with dota games is the multiplayer!
12-28-2011, 01:36 PM
I disagree on the freemium part being a bad thing. The life cycle for iOS games is super short compared to console or PC games, and many multiplayer games find themselves with a dead community a couple months after release. I think the freemium part should help increase the longevity of the game. If anything, I think it would be ridiculous IAPs that might kill the game.
12-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
I disagree on the freemium part being a bad thing. The life cycle for iOS games is super short compared to console or PC games, and many multiplayer games find themselves with a dead community a couple months after release. I think the freemium part should help increase the longevity of the game. If anything, I think it would be ridiculous IAPs that might kill the game.
That's the point, I think. A game like Bullet Time works as a freemium title because it manages the IAP component in a reasonable way. And of course League of Legends is famously free-to-play, so that might serve as a good model. But the potential is there for a "free" game like this one to be anything but. Time will tell, I guess.
12-28-2011, 01:49 PM
If they follow League of Legends Free to play structure, this will be quite an awesome game. The freemium aspect could go either way, but lets hope it is for the better.

Who is the developer behind this?

Follow me on Twitter: @jumpman475
Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
Need a Writer? I'm your man. Send me a PM.
12-28-2011, 01:51 PM
i waited so long for a LoL like game
this could be so good, but only if it is not ruined by iap and with good multiplayer
12-29-2011, 06:01 AM
I cannot wait for this Looks so awesome!

All Time Favorites:Super Crossfire HD
Playing:Dodonpachi:BD ,UMK3, KOF-i
Waiting for:fleetCOMM, Noble Armada, God of Blades
Follow me on Tumblr
12-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmilan View Post
I found this on 148apps and the trailer looks good. They said you have a choice between 8 heroes but they only showed 3 in the trailer. What do you guys think?

http://www.148apps.com/news/legendary-heroes-write/
Hello, thanks for the interest in the game!
I am part of the dev team and we definitely will love to hear the feedback from the community when the game launches in January.

The trailer presents only 3 characters to not get too long. Next week we plan to publish more videos with other heroes.

@vibliribland:
Version 1.0 is a single player campaign mode where you control 3 heroes in the match. Multiplayer is on our list to be included in updates.

We hope the game is well received when it launches so we can keep adding heroes and features like multiplayer.
2 new heroes are already in development to be part of the first 2 updates.

Best,
Legendary Heroes Team