★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Looking for a fantasy adventure RPGish game

12-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Looking for a fantasy adventure RPGish game

Looking for a Fantasy Adventure RPGish type of game. Looking for something that is, in spirit, similar to Lord of the Rings and Middle Earth. I own Aralon, been looking at Eternal Legacy and Chaos Rings.

For one, which would you recommend over the other, Chaos Rings or Eternal Legacy. Also are there any games I have overlooked that is more what I am looking for?
12-29-2011, 06:01 PM
Im gonna recommend Ravensword, its 99 cents right now too if you act fast i believe.

12-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOstrich View Post
Im gonna recommend Ravensword, its 99 cents right now too if you act fast i believe.
isn't that much like Aralon? I figured if I had aralon, ravensword wouldn't be worth it
12-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Yeah, ravensword was the game they made before aralon-it's worse, not that aralon was amazing either. You need to be more specific, do you want an aralon-like game, or a decision between chaos rings and the eternal legacy? Between the two, chaos rings is WAY better-longer, more story, better gameplay, and it's an original game made by square Enix, masters of the genre, rather than another half- gameloft once-only rip off.

On the subject of aralon-like games, that's unfortunately the best of its kind on the app store as of now. Personally, I'd wait and see what crescent moon comes up with next, there (serious) games have been getting progressively better and better as they come out, aralon being the best at the moment. What we need from them now is another serious-style game with some effort and care behind it, not just another lame attempt at a comedy fantasy game-they always suck. Look at evertales to see what I mean

Last edited by Declan466; 12-29-2011 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Misreak
12-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Aralon not amazing? Best rPG by far on the App store. Stunning game
12-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Aralon not amazing? Best rPG by far on the App store. Stunning game
Some folks disagree -- it's okay.

Definitely Chaos Rings over Eternal Legacy. My favorite RPG right now, though, is Bard's Tale.
12-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Some folks disagree -- it's okay.

Definitely Chaos Rings over Eternal Legacy. My favorite RPG right now, though, is Bard's Tale.
Ditto-while the scope of aralon was good-size of map, items, quests, etc, I felt the game lacked a large amount of 'polish'-there were tons of glitches that aren't fixed, several components that don't work/were never finished that we're thrown in anyway-the major one was crafting(correct me on this if this has been updated, when I played about 6 months ago it wasnt there). Also at one point your told to go to the desert area there as the sherrif guy needs help or something, so you enter an entire quarter of the map expecting several dungeons+lots of quests and the sherrif dude tells you to go the shops and never talks to you again for the rest of the game when you do that quest for him. So yeah. That's why aralon wasn't amazing for me. Unfortunately though psj3809 is right-it is one of the best on the app store at the moment, when devices are capable of so much more now.
12-29-2011, 06:59 PM
How does Bard's Tale play and how is the story
12-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbz View Post
Top down almost, lots of rpg elements-it's a fully featured console title from 2004 that's been ported. It is mainly focused on comedy though, but In this case it's actually good-if monty python made a game, this would be it.
12-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbz View Post
Oh, and the storys pretty much taking the piss of the classic fantasy scenario.