Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 02:09 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

A game based off of Dwarf Fortress? Loving the idea! I wish someone could somehow crunch all the functions of DF into a game on my phone...if anyone could do it, its Rocketcat.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkais View Post
A game based off of Dwarf Fortress? Loving the idea! I wish someone could somehow crunch all the functions of DF into a game on my phone...if anyone could do it, its Rocketcat.
Not nearly as complex or full as Dwarf Fortress. My design goal is to make a simplified version of the 2d version of dwarf fortress, before they added the third axis. Less focus on building, more on survival, exploration through mining, combat. We want to replicate the dwarf and workshop management, but in a way where you could play it on the toilet.

Also some games have tried to do Endless Runner + Fighting Game, but they tend to focus way more on the running and platforming. Generally the fighting feels like an afterthought.

Hopefully pretty soon we'll have more screenshots of the Mage Gauntlet spinoff. I keep posting more info to the facebook page.. www.facebook.com/rocketcatgames
Old 02-18-2012, 11:27 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Hey Kepa just a quick couple of questions:

I've read the posts on your facebook page, and I really like how you're planning the next 2 games, is that slowing down your process on this game? (don't take this wrong, I understand you need to prepare for the future)

Another thing, is this game still planned to have all the content that has been previewed, or was any of that scrapped to make this have a faster release?

And lastly, I know this has been asked before (myself included) is there an estimated time frame for release, like May - July'ish?
Old 02-19-2012, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ninja View Post
Hey Kepa just a quick couple of questions:

I've read the posts on your facebook page, and I really like how you're planning the next 2 games, is that slowing down your process on this game? (don't take this wrong, I understand you need to prepare for the future)

Another thing, is this game still planned to have all the content that has been previewed, or was any of that scrapped to make this have a faster release?

And lastly, I know this has been asked before (myself included) is there an estimated time frame for release, like May - July'ish?
Those are two games we're working on at the same time, not just planning them. Both are being done by separate programmers while we wait for engine/tool stuff and other early things to be done with the spinoff. So, no, they don't slow anything down, since the slow part is generally programming.

No cuts planned, yet. Worst thing we might do is remove a class or two on release, if we want to get the game out faster. Though they'll just get put back in during updates. Likely those would be Gunner (hardest class to make/balance in the current starting roundup because he belongs in a dual stick shooter) and Cultist (kind of a mage/rogue hybrid class, so the second weirdest behind Gunner). Which would be too bad, because those are probably my two favorite designs so far. But even then, there'd still be 4 release classes (5 if you get the game in the first couple days).

No idea on a release date. Not going to guess, either. We'll be able to provide a release date when it's about a month away from the actual release, though.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:51 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen)

is the game going going smoothly right now? oh and what is dwarf fortress i have no clue.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouchbd View Post
is the game going going smoothly right now? oh and what is dwarf fortress i have no clue.
Goin slow.

Dwarf Fortress is a super complex PC game, that's a fantasy dwarf simulator. You mine out a fortress from the rock, have them create weapons and food and such, create traps, defend against invasions. There's a new york times online article about it.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:41 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepa View Post
Goin slow.

Dwarf Fortress is a super complex PC game, that's a fantasy dwarf simulator. You mine out a fortress from the rock, have them create weapons and food and such, create traps, defend against invasions. There's a new york times online article about it.
If you want a simplified and beutified version of dwarf fortress go play minecraft
Old 02-22-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthalo123 View Post
If you want a simplified and beutified version of dwarf fortress go play minecraft
OH YEAH? Is that what Minecraft is? I thought the similarities to Dwarf Fortress were really slight. But then again, you sound sure of yourself. Maybe you have some reason to say that, but you're holding back because you want to heighten the suspense.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:10 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen)

which game do you think will release first kepa?
Old 02-27-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouchbd View Post
which game do you think will release first kepa?
Endless Puncher will definitely be done first, followed by this spinoff, followed by the Dwarfs game.

Closed Thread