Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 10:10 PM

So the game is releasing with 6 classes? And I assume more will be added over time?
Old 12-29-2011, 10:49 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

nice! i love you rocketcat!!
Old 12-30-2011, 04:23 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Phew! I was about to come here and bash the name, because it didn't sound as catchy as Mage Gauntlet!
Old 12-30-2011, 07:20 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
So the game is releasing with 6 classes? And I assume more will be added over time?
I believe it will be 7. There is a secret class that may or may not be announced prior to release.

Quote:
CLASS NAMES AS A BONUS: Warrior, Mage, Cultist, Rogue, Gunner, Spellsword. And one secret class on release, that we probably won't be doing a preview for.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:30 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I'm all over this as I LIVE for good randomized dungeon crawlers!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:32 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default omg

Is this going to be the game that satisfies my hunger for loot?.....
Old 12-30-2011, 12:03 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

OHMYGOSH

Is there an estimated time for release?

Last edited by Teh_Ninja; 12-30-2011 at 12:06 PM..
Old 12-30-2011, 01:06 PM

Mage gauntlet was pretty much loot-less compared to what I was expecting,
Any news on how much loot there will be in this one?
How many item slots?
Different weapons for each class?
Different rarity classes? Epic, unique etc?
Different difficulty levels? Something challenging to actually use that cool loot on?

I lovedmage gauntlet, great controls, great combat, really cool spells and much more.
Hope this one will be as good as it got potential to be.
Not impressed so far, they've released the wrong bits of info, the secondary stuff, they have misses the meat.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
Yeah. Though we're planning it so there will actually be 7 classes if you get the game the first day. First-couple-day downloaders will get a "secret class" for free, which will be a paid class for everyone else and probably not available until the second class update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibliribland View Post
Mage gauntlet was pretty much loot-less compared to what I was expecting,
Any news on how much loot there will be in this one?
How many item slots?
Different weapons for each class?
Different rarity classes? Epic, unique etc?
Different difficulty levels? Something challenging to actually use that cool loot on?

Not impressed so far, they've released the wrong bits of info, the secondary stuff, they have misses the meat.
We're doing the secondary stuff first.

Briefly: No Diablo loot system, but we're having way more things to collect each run. Some equipment items can drop from chests, but mostly you'll use gold to unlock and upgrade items. 4 item slots including hat. Porbably 10 different weapons for each class (OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD).

We're stealing the bit from Binding of Isaac where the dungeon "levels up" each time you beat it, though we're expanding the concept. Each time you beat the dungeon it gets longer, with new enemies, scenery, bosses, and a new ending each time for each character class. It will start easy but with the last couple of dungeon types being amazingly difficult. So each character has like 4 endings, with the last dungeon level-up making it endless.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepa View Post
Yeah. Though we're planning it so there will actually be 7 classes if you get the game the first day. First-couple-day downloaders will get a "secret class" for free, which will be a paid class for everyone else and probably not available until the second class update.

We're doing the secondary stuff first.

Briefly: No Diablo loot system, but we're having way more things to collect each run. Some equipment items can drop from chests, but mostly you'll use gold to unlock and upgrade items. 4 item slots including hat. Porbably 10 different weapons for each class (OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD).

We're stealing the bit from Binding of Isaac where the dungeon "levels up" each time you beat it, though we're expanding the concept. Each time you beat the dungeon it gets longer, with new enemies, scenery, bosses, and a new ending each time for each character class. It will start easy but with the last couple of dungeon types being amazingly difficult. So each character has like 4 endings, with the last dungeon level-up making it endless.
Impressive with an answer from the devs within the hour!

Great to hear, however I'm not fully clear on. The loot.

Will some specific items, like hats drop from chests and monsters and armor and weapon bought with gold? Like in dungeon hunter 3? God it tastes vile in mouth even talking about that game.

Or will all different item types be found AND bought, where the most rare ones will be looted and the basic ones bought?

Personally (-and I'm not bashing your design choices here) I really dislike the whole "gather currency and unlock equipment" since it takes away ALL the feeling of accomplishment and wow factor in getting new equipment.
That's because from the first second you start the game you know what items you will get eventually, instead of finding out on the way and leaving it to luck, ala diablo, sacred, zenonia, inotia etc.

I really hope you keep the random spells aspect, no matter how many urns I crashed I was always excited to see what spell I got .

Thx for the reply!

EDIT: Any release date planned? Or any general release ideas? January? August? 2034?

Last edited by vibliribland; 12-30-2011 at 02:29 PM..

Closed Thread