Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 06:55 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdragoon19 View Post
Lol, it was a marketing stunt, not a lie. Btw, if you didn't know that Kale in Dinoland wasn't a Gameboy game, would you buy it? Even if it was or wasn't a Gameboy game, it really has no influence on if you should buy the game or not. They don't care if you don't buy their game.
Yeah I wouod have bought it if it wasn't a gameboy game, it's the lie that turned me off, not the fact that's it's notba gameboy game, and I know they don't care if one person doesn't pay $2 for their game, but I'm sure a few ppl would also share my view, I'll just get it for free if it ends up having good reviews, it was an outright lie, people actually spent time googling and researching the game and even emailing nintendo, I think it's just rude, though the game does look kinda cool
Old 02-20-2012, 07:11 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Good week of games, looking forward to them.

It was a bit stupid i think of that company to tell that 'Gameboy' lie, i mean its the internet , you cant get away with stuff like that anymore. I had a gameboy when they first came out and loved it, had a lot of games, then once i discovered emulation i downloaded tons of gameboy roms to play, never had heard of Kale in Dinoland, would have played it for sure as i love platformers.

So kinda knew it must be a lie, but dont see the point of them doing that, showing a gameboy influenced platformer would have been good enough for most people, like i say you cant lie on the internet as it'll get found out.

I'll still be getting it though as it does look great, plus that shoot em up by Orange Pixel i'm sure will be very good as i'm a big fan of their games.

Roll on weds night !
Old 02-20-2012, 07:17 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I think people misunderstand the Gameboy marketing, to me it seems like obvious tongue in cheek humor. I am sure a developer would not seriously insist they are publishing a long lost Gameboy classic other than for the humor of it. People upset over that might need to consider taking iOS gaming a little less seriously and get out more.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:35 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=123293

Looks like we'll be seeing WrestleFest in the US tonight. Already out in NZ and other parts of the world.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

According to the developer's website, Lume is coming to iPhone, iPad and Mac this week. It is described as an "illuminating puzzle adventure". The graphics certainly looks interesting.

Read about it at http://www.stateofplaygames.com.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:25 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

any word on the Dominion game? I NEED IT NOW.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:18 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Added to list

Lume (Play Book Games)
Old 02-20-2012, 06:39 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Hey there, just want to clear something up.

Kale In Dinoland is not launching this week, it's launching next week. I don't know where PocketGamer got the idea that Kale was coming out this week, but we haven't announced the official release date anywhere. To everyone that was hoping to get it this week, apologies!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:02 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozberry View Post
Yeah I wouod have bought it if it wasn't a gameboy game, it's the lie that turned me off, not the fact that's it's notba gameboy game, and I know they don't care if one person doesn't pay $2 for their game, but I'm sure a few ppl would also share my view, I'll just get it for free if it ends up having good reviews, it was an outright lie, people actually spent time googling and researching the game and even emailing nintendo, I think it's just rude, though the game does look kinda cool
Yeah, I guess. Idk. It was kinda stupid to lie that it was a Gameboy game, but oh well! What are you going to do? Haha.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:35 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Adventure bar story( RPG) on 28th

Closed Thread