★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Game Guide 2011 (only 2011 games) (Hopefully the Best)

12-31-2011, 05:13 AM
Game Guide 2011 (only 2011 games) (Hopefully the Best)

I made this as a guide for top quality premium games that came out this year. We have the Mass... Thread but at the end of the day it's not a simple, comprehensive guide. I love the Mass thread...and this in no way should affect it because it's simply a list of games of 2011. Also, there has been a lot of [whatever you wanna call it] on the GOTY thread, so here is a place that you can list your favorite premium games of 2011 BY CATEGORY. Please put a category before you list games to make it easier for everyone who reads this thread.

So again, this is thread for comprehensive lists of good, quality (hopefully/subjective) games that came out in 2011. If you bought a bunch of games (or only a few) and want to share some hidden gems (or your favorite popular title), here ya go!

Hopefully we can get a nice list together by the end of the first (maybe second) week on January, so people can have a nice, little reference.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
(everything is subconsciously listed from favorite to least
favorite, but since they all made the list, I like them all a lot)

(added games from community will be listed under dash (---))

Arcade/Retro
Kami Retro
Blade Dash
Katana Jack!
1-Bit Ninja
---
League of Evil
Mos Speedrun
Curvebot Evolved
Groove Coaster
Dragons Rage
Forget-Me-Not
MiniGame Paradise
Cavorite

Arcade shooter/Shmup
Bug Princess
Space Tripper
Death Smiles
Infinity field
Super crossfire HD
Pixel Ranger
Velocispider

Arcade Racer (thanks for the new category guys)
Sonic & Sega All Star Racing
Reckless Getaway
Dream Track Nation
DrawRace 2
Bike Baron

Platformers
Terra Noctis
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Crazy Hedgy
LostWinds
Max and the Magic Marker
(pretty much all the Arcade games)
---
Sonic CD
Rocket Riot
Raccoon Rising
Inertia: Escape Velocity
Arcade Jumper
Air Penguin
Ninja Ponk
Jaggy Race
Clay's Reverie
Whizzers

Shooters
M.U.S.E. (TPS)
Shadowgun (TPS)
Desert Zombie Last Stand (TPS)
Dead Space (TPS)
Modern Combat 3 (FPS)
Zombieville USA 2 (side scroller)
---
Sleepy Jack (tube shooter)
Rainbow Six Shadow Vanguard
9mm
EPOCH
Deadlock: Online

Role Playing Game (RPG)
King of Dragon Pass
The Bard's Tale
Mage Gauntlet
Dangerous
Galaxy on Fire 2
Galactic Phantasy
Chaos Rings Omega
---
Order & Chaos (MMORPG)
Aurum Blade
Guardian Saga

Strategy
Ravenmark: Scourge of Estellion
Starbase Orion
Anomaly: Warzone Earth
King of Dragon Pass
Squids
Trenches II
Tower Defense: Lost Earth
Final Fantasy Tactics
Starfront: Collision
---
Great Little War Game
Battle for Wesnoth
Battleheart
Tactical Warrior
Dofus: Battles
Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer
Bloons 2
Swords and Soldiers
Tiny Heroes
Axe in Face
Colosseum Heroes
Paladog
Jelly Defense
Tiny Defense
Anthill: Tactical Defense

Puzzle(rs)
Stretched
Critter Chaos
Vanessa Saint-Pierre Delacroix
Blueprint 3D
Contre Jour
Collision Effect
---
Dungeon Raid
Where's My Water
Monster Ate My Condo
Drop7
Rooms: The Main Building
Gesundheit
Monster Island
Little Lost Chick
Spy Mouse (adventure-puzzler)
Siege Hero (Angry Birds)
Feed me oil
Aiko island
Edge extended
Bag It
Roll in the hole
The Great Jitters: Pudding Panic
Jump Out
Saving Yello
SpaceChem (iPad exclusive)
Toy Shot
Land-a Panda

Endless Runners/Climbers/Slashers
Whale Trail
Tiny Wings
---
Jetpack Joyride
Sea Stars
Nuts!
Fruit Ninja: Puss in Boots
Escape the Ape

Fighting
The King of Fighters
Infinity Blade 2 (action-RPG)
Street Fighter IV Volt
Dark Meadow (action-RPG)

Adventure
Th Adventures of Tintin
Sovereign: Premium
LostWinds
Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery
Hector: Badge of Carnage - Episode 2: Senseless Acts of Justice
Hector: Badge of Carnage - Episode 3: Beyond Reasonable Doom
---
Secret of Grisly Manor
Glowfish
Backstab
Shake Spears
NyxQuest
Dragon Fantasy

Sandbox
Grand Theft Auto 3
Junk Jack
Eden - World Builder

Sports (included arcade sports in this)
FIFA 12
Flick Golf Extreme
NFL Flick Quarterback
NFL Rivals
---
NBA Jam
Flick Soccer
Super Stickman Golf
Rat on a Snowboard
Flick Champions
Flick Home Run
Icebreaker Hockey

Word Games
Quarrel Deluxe
The Wiki Game
War of Words
Scribblenauts
Dicto
---
SpellTower
W.E.L.D.E.R
Hanging With Friends

Racing
Death Rally
Riptide GP
Draw Race 2
Mini Motor Racing

Simulation
Football Manager Handheld 2012
IOOTP Baseball 2011
Game Dev Story
Mega Mall Story
Pocket Academy
Venture Towns
Grand Prix Story

Platform-Runner
Don't Run With A Plasma Sword
Wind-Up Knight
Tongue Tied

Apps (non-game)
Animoog
BeatMaker 2
Instacast
WordWit
Phrase Wit
Discovr Movies
AppZapp Push
Photo Power
Magic Piano (iPhone not iPad)
Band of the Day
Fotopedia: Wild Frontiers

2012: Looking Forward To
Oceanhorn
World of Midgard
Patchwork Battles
2013: Infected Zombie
Time of Heroes
Topia
Prevail
Paper Monsters
Robokill 2
Star Command
Mage Gauntlet Spin Off
Lunar: Silver Star Story Touch
Last knight
Lightopus
Dreamy Goat
And Many More...

-----------------------------------

Please no free/freemium games! People are more likely to download a free game anyway, so PLEASE only include premium games!

***Alright, I changed it again. Let's not repeat games and I'll add stuff to the original post. We're all one big (sometimes dysfunctional) gaming/iOS family here at TA, so I don't think anyone (at least most people), will try and mislead another person when it comes to purchasing a game. Like I said, just try to list games that you would definitely buy a second time if you had to; or something along that thought!

Thanks in advance!

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 01-10-2012 at 10:02 PM.
12-31-2011, 05:38 AM
Shooter
- Rainbow Six Shadow Vanguard

Simulation -
Game Dev Story
Mega Mall Story
Pocket Academy
Venture Towns
Grand Prix Story

Puzzle -
Where's My Water?

Adventure -
Hector: Badge of Carnage - Episode 2: Senseless Acts of Justice
Hector: Badge of Carnage - Episode 3: Beyond Reasonable Doom

12-31-2011, 05:58 AM
Can you delete this post in a couple of hours!

I changed it: Repeat as much as you want to, so it'll reflect your personal opinion! Also people can cross reference lists! Please help out because I'm pretty sure I only scratched the surface because there were a ton of games released this year and I'm only one person. Plus, I'm pretty sure I missed some stuff because I'm only human. Also, try to limit each category to 10 games, if you can!

Again mods, can you delete this post in a couple of hours!

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
12-31-2011, 06:06 AM
Is this gonna be another thread which lists every good game in the app store?

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
12-31-2011, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Is this gonna be another thread which lists every good game in the app store?
Well, I wanted it to be different! Such as making everyone list games according to genres. Also, I would'e liked for the lists to only be the top 5, but I thought it would be unfair since I went over a couple of times (my backlog is huge and all the games I listed are well worth the purchase IMO). Plus the AppStore is huge and their are a ton of games that get lost and some that people are hesitant about, so a list made by TA members could help with the decision. Also, it would benefit everyone if people listed the games in each category from favorite to least favorite. I haven't seen a list like this on here, so I thought I'd start one up! If there was one for 2010 then I never saw it.

Again, try to only list the games that you would buy yourself (obviously a second time). Hopefully, that makes sense; list what you think actually deserves to be listed in each category.

12-31-2011, 07:07 AM
Sports: iOOTP

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
12-31-2011, 07:12 AM
12-31-2011, 07:53 AM
May I add something that didn't show up this year? "Normal first/third person/car/moto" 3D racers! My favorite video game genre…

One lousy exception: Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (missing in the OP list). The game is great for arcade racer fans (if you love the a bit childish Sonic/Segy style) and supports local and online multiplayer.

And forget Fast Five the Movie: Official Game. It could have been fun but it's a crappy "drift forever or pay" game.

But where the hell is Asphalt 7?! Asphalt 6: Adrenaline is nothing less than my favorite video game of all times (and I have 4,000 iOS games in my iTunes account, I am gaming for some decades) especially the local multiplayer mode (the real new and exciting social experience—much better than those online features).

We played it to death for hours, days and weeks. As if iOS would have been made just for it. Fits perfectly! I love to control the steering wheel and view by tilting iPhone or iPad!

Asphalt 4, 5 and 6 always showed up in App Store short before X-mas. Nothing this year. No Real Racing 3 as well…

What's the matter with the iOS racers?! Please try local multiplayer racing games with some buddies and tell us how you feel about this; for me personally it's the best gaming feature of iOS. Exclusive as much as I know, no other console offers this. It's easy to set up (no WiFi required), rock solid and CRAZY FUN!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
12-31-2011, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
May I add something that didn't show up this year? "Normal first/third person/car/moto" 3D racers! My favorite video game genre…

One lousy exception: Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (missing in the OP list). The game is great for arcade racer fans (if you love the a bit childish Sonic/Segy style) and supports local and online multiplayer.

And forget Fast Five the Movie: Official Game. It could have been fun but it's a crappy "drift forever or pay" game.

But where the hell is Asphalt 7?! Asphalt 6: Adrenaline is nothing less than my favorite video game of all times (and I have 4,000 iOS games in my iTunes account, I am gaming for some decades) especially the local multiplayer mode (the real new and exciting social experience—much better than those online features).

We played it to death for hours, days and weeks. As if iOS would have been made just for it. Fits perfectly! I love to control the steering wheel and view by tilting iPhone or iPad!

Asphalt 4, 5 and 6 always showed up in App Store short before X-mas. Nothing this year. No Real Racing 3 as well…

What's the matter with the iOS racers?! Please try local multiplayer racing games with some buddies and tell us how you feel about this; for me personally it's the best gaming feature of iOS. Exclusive as much as I know, no other console offers this. It's easy to set up (no WiFi required), rock solid and CRAZY FUN!
@Habakuk No problem! I don't want it to become a habit though. Just because I want to keep the thread on topic, but I do feel your pain! I'll be adding All Star Racing to the OP as well.

---------------------------------------------------

Alright, I changed it again. Let's not repeat games and I'll add stuff to the original post. We're all one big (sometimes dysfunctional) gaming/iOS family here at TA, so I don't think anyone (at least most people), will try and mislead another person when it comes to purchasing a game. Like I said, just try to list games that you would definitely buy a second time if you had to; or something along that thought!

Thanks in advance!

12-31-2011, 09:41 AM
adventure: all that come from Big Fish dev house

I love this world!