★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Can I use iSimulate without being a member of the paid dev program?

12-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Can I use iSimulate without being a member of the paid dev program?

Just wondering if anyone's had any experience with this. I haven't found anything to the contrary, but I'd like to be sure before I purchase an expensive new iDevice.
12-31-2011, 04:38 PM

Note that iSimulate is only for iPhone Application Developers.

12-31-2011, 07:00 PM
So... yes, then?

Sorry if I'm being a bit obtuse -- I'm new to this whole iOS dev thing, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious in the video.
12-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Anyone with an Intel based mac can use xcode and the simulator. Beyond that you can share a dev licence between machines pretty easily by transferring a few files.

-=< Fat Owl With A Jetpack >=-
-=< Topia World Builder >=-
-=< Twitter >=-
-=< Blog >=-
01-01-2012, 04:55 PM
I've got Xcode working fine on my Mac -- it's just that I'd rather not enroll in the $99-a-year dev program until I really need to (yes, I'm poor).

That's why I was wondering about iSimulate. It would be really convenient if I could use it without being in the dev program, which is the question I was unsure of.
01-01-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
➤ ➤ ➤ WARNING: iSimulate is ONLY for iPhone Developers. If you do not develop iPhone applications, have Xcode and have the source code of the applications, DO NOT download iSimulate.

➤ ➤ ➤ NOTICE:The Lite version of iSimulate sends only one single touch to the Simulator, and has no support for Accelerometer, GPS, Compass or video streaming. It is available as a demonstration of the ease of integrating iSimulate in your workflow.
Quote:
Q: How does iSimulate work?
A: When added to your project, the iSimulate SDK library creates a listening server on your iPhone Simulator that waits for a connection from an iPhone/iPod running the iSimulate client. When such connection is established, the iSimulate client running on your iPhone/iPod captures all data from the accelerometer sensor, the touch events, the location and device ID and streams them to the server. The iSimulate SDK library then recreates all input events synthetically.

Q: Does iSimulate send all multi-touch events?
A: iSimulate sends all multi-touch events in real-time for OpenGL applications and UIKit-based applications. Since 1.5, multi-touch events are captured for ALL UIKit objects. No limitations.
Read the Documentation where you can find a Tutorial how to set it up.

If it works...

...try the Full Version of iSimulate. And when you are ready to go the last mile then pay the $99-a-Year.
01-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Alright, thanks!