★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What happens when new iPad delivers better resolution?

01-01-2012, 12:09 PM
What happens when new iPad delivers better resolution?

new IPad arrives, with double the screen resolution. Will we have the same problem like now, when trying to play iphone games on ipad? What happens to our games? If anyone with the knowledge could shred some light here, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks
01-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Shouldn't make any difference for the games already in existence. Just like the move to retina display on the iPhones the current iPad software should simply be pixel-doubled (resized) so that they look exactly like they do on iPad1 & iPad2.

The real question is whether iPad3 will be able to pull of displaying resource-heavy games like Infinity Blade II in quadrupled resolution. (Not likely in my opinion).
01-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Nothing, Apple wont change the screen size. Its one thing they use to their advantage, that developers only have to develop for 2 devices. Not 10+

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
01-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Nothing, Apple wont change the screen size. Its one thing they use to their advantage, that developers only have to develop for 2 devices. Not 10+
Screen size wont be changed, not till next fall at least (there is a rumor about 7 inch IPad coming), but resolution will be doubled on IPad 3. That's what I'm worried about most
01-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorianX View Post
Screen size wont be changed, not till next fall at least (there is a rumor about 7 inch IPad coming), but resolution will be doubled on IPad 3. That's what I'm worried about most
the 7 inch ipad rumor has been around for ages now.

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys