★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Uncle Slam pits U.S. presidents against each other in bouts of gentlemens boxing. Choose your favorite head of state and get ready to fight your way to the top with gesture-based action in a fun (and slightly offbeat) boxing experience.

"Remember that MTV show Celebrity Death match where claymation famous people would battle each other in hilariously violent bouts? This is kind of like that except you can pit your favorite presidents against one another, and with an awesome name." - Leslie Horn, Gizmodo.com

* * Knockout Features * *
21 U.S. presidents, each with a distinctive fighting style based on their physical prowess and unique Presidential Powers that reflect a significant moment from their presidency or folklore
Dynamic, physics-based gameplay and direct touch controls that get you right into the action
More than 40 iconic stages around the United States
Gorgeous high resolution hand-drawn artwork and more than 45 original composed songs
Local multiplayer and single-player campaigns for each president
Available for all iOS 5-compatible devices, including: iPad (all generations), iPad Mini, iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, and 5 and iPod Touch (3rd generation and later)

Now entering the ring
Play as any of the following Presidents:
George Washington, John Adams, Millard Fillmore, Abraham Lincoln, Chester A. Arthur, William Howard Taft, Harry S. Truman, Richard Nixon, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Gerald Ford, John F. Kennedy, Warren G. Harding, Zachary Taylor, William Henry Harrison, Thomas Jefferson, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Woodrow Wilson, Benjamin Harrison, Franklin Pierce, George W. Bush

MigrantP's comments:
Hi, I'm the lead developer on Uncle Slam! It's a new game that just came out in December for iPad, by Handelabra Studio. Uncle Slam pits President versus President in physics-based boxing action! Washington vs. Nixon, Clinton vs. Lincoln.. or Taft vs. Fillmore?

We've looked at all of the fighting games on iPad and iPhone and they all do the same thing - virtual buttons on the screen. We wanted none of that and built in direct touch controls that make the game really fun and dynamic to play.

The game has all original art and music, and plenty of unlockable content to discover. For those technically inclined - we built the game engine on cocos2d and Box2D which gives us great performance.

Let me know what you think! We're right now working on Universal, an iPhone/iPod touch version, as well as DLC support to bring the full presidential roster to the game in time.

Normally the price is $4.99 but we're celebrating the New Year (a Presidential Election year at that) with a one week 99 sale. Check it out!

Download: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/uncle-slam/id446883378?mt=8

Handelabra: http://www.handelabra.com

01-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Best name EVAR. The wit alone is enough for me to part with my dollar.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
01-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Best name EVAR. The wit alone is enough for me to part with my dollar.
Not me, though i agree the name is good. The screenshots aren't too inspiring... So how's the actual gameplay?

Game Center - I BrEaKBEaT I
01-02-2012, 06:40 PM
I think I wouldn't download it even for free.

GC: TomussMypl
02-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Well it is free for this week, and now Universal - so maybe you'll change your mind? =)

There's an iPhone gameplay video here: