★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Great Little War Game help

01-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Great Little War Game help

I became totally addicted to Great Little War Game over the holidays, but now I'm stuck. I can't get past Mission 18 in the initial campaign -- that's the one where you start with 1,000 oil, one Engineer, and no oil wells. I've tried a variety of strategies for this one, but keep getting wiped out just before I capture the enemy HQ.

Does anybody know how to win this mission?
01-04-2012, 04:57 PM
It's not easy - the last three missions aren't.

Spam a load of engineers into trucks and on foot and capture as much as you can straight away. Then try to defend em for a bit.
01-07-2012, 05:07 AM
I made it in a different way... i sent a few engineers and a bunch of grenadiers up in the northeast, and took only the barracks and the oil well up there. I did not bother defending the south barracks. Then I held position launching grenades over the sandbags, and slowly picked the guards in the north. Then pushed two engineers through the north trench. It wasn't that hard.

Hard times came in the mission 4 of the call of booty campaign. AI starts popping out commandos *and* snipers at day 3, while I have to defend with grunts and one or two grenadiers (with 150$/day you can't afford much more...).

A couple of times I managed to take the southern barracks and oil well, but then the enemy built something like 2 commandos, a bunch of snipers and a sh*tload of engineers from the north, and pwned me badly in no time... any hint?

M
01-07-2012, 05:12 AM
I'll admit I'm not that familiar with that expansion tbh. You might get more mileage from joining our currently empty forum as I've asked our level designer to hang out there. http://www.rubicondev.com/forum/