★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Live Poker from Zynga -- Best Poker app?

11-14-2008, 04:55 AM
Live Poker from Zynga -- Best Poker app?

From the youtube video, this game looks to be really polished in gameplay/visuals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-faL...st-look&fmt=18

Best of all it's multiplayer online.. and here's the good part: With an already established 1.5 million users! (established from social clients such as Facebook + MySpace)

The bad thing is, as I'm a Ipod Touch 2g owner, I found that the game was only compatible with Iphones.. If they update it to include the Touch platform, I'm sure this will easily surpass any other Poker apps, including paid ones. So any of you have word from the developer of imminent updates to address the compatibility problem?

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=295913419&mt=8

Last edited by l33j0hn; 11-14-2008 at 04:58 AM. Reason: edit
11-22-2008, 11:47 PM
i have a G1 touch and I have no issues other than the freezes and weird naming. This seems to be corrected with the newest update though. it's free!

11-23-2008, 12:24 AM
Best poker app, just been updated and works on the Touch now.
Download and enjoy this puppy!
11-23-2008, 01:44 AM
I enjoy the game a lot. Probably the game that consumes my free time the most. BUT there is a bug where the game kind of freezes in the middle of a hand and you lose all your (fake) money, which is extremley frustrating especially if you are betting a lot of (fake) money.
11-23-2008, 03:31 AM
the game is buggy as !@#$

the game seems to fold my hands randomly before i even click anything, i've had it check hands without me doing anything. i'm just waiting for it to raise someone all in without me doing anything. i've also logged in only to find that my name/picture (on bottom center) is someone else's with someone else's money and with me in a different seat with who i assume is someone else playing me. crazy.

the new update hasn't fixed any of this
12-29-2010, 08:42 AM
I love Zynga but I find that unless I'm playing for real money I get bored after a while. A new iPhone real money poker app was launched back in October called switch that's pretty good.

iPhones still don't support flash so it was developed in HTML5. As a result it's not as feature rich as most poker apps but I'm just glad you can finally play real money poker on iPhones and iPads. Swith Poker is played from the iPhones browser so you don't need to download an app. It's a start anyway, hopefully more apps will follow this year....

Last edited by pmagoo; 01-16-2013 at 04:58 PM.
12-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Texas Poker is the best iphone online poker in my opinion. Too bad it was riddled with adds lately. Still, the interface is nice and clear, many players and a real sense of goal (try getting a million without ever purchasing additional chips). Lots of good playera online too (at least in the higher stakes tables).